Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I've been surprised the old mag code kept working this long. Granted it wasn't quite as good as the many of the even older ones, but those were turning over due to abuse every few months or so. The latest one had been working for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I know some very long term guys who find the new world of massive leverage very different then the old world. Time will tell.
    *than
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Pretty interesting brand line up http://www.tsgconsumer.com/partner-c...p?category=All

Regarding, "being cool" I always laugh at the BC.com logo stickers on [insert "cool" "outdoorsy" vehicle here]. What does that say about a person, "I'm a consumer of outdoor gear who does not support brick and mortar retailers" or "I got this free sticker that I think tells the world I like to [insert preferred recreational activity]" or "I like stickers, yeah!"
    Uhhh that's not what I meant at all. They used to have the greatest return policy known to man. They used to have bro codes that were awesome and worked on EVERYTHING. They used to be cool.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I like free stickers. Great for fixing dings or covering scratches. I also like judgmental pricks. That is why I hang out here.

I lol'd....
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    [/B]
    I lol'd....
    I did to and could not have said it better myself...!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I've been surprised the old mag code kept working this long...
    Dang!
    I hadn't even thought to try the code I got from PointeDem (so long ago) once he'd left BC.
    More fool me!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

the customer service can hook you up on stuff yet, even though now without good discount their prices are far from the lowest you can find on equaly if not better service!

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure we account for a very small piece of their market

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Was it ever really cool?
    powstash was cool
    but they fucked him
    fuckagoat
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I was trying to make a light hearted joke about your bumper stickers say about people. Your are telling me they used to be cool. OK.

Anybody else promotive? I like the Kuat discount much.

Promotive seems to be somewhat on top of their game, in the sense that my wife with the access can't order men's stuff, and I think it needs to be shipped to work as well.
    Live Free or Die

Meh. BC.com was definitely my default with the "bro" code, but not a major loss, as it was getting more and more limited. It was always great for apparel, which makes sense as there's actually some margin there.

I think Evo is up to bat for me. Pretty solid with the price match.

If I need it tomorrow -> Local retailer
    If I need it this week -> Whichever big online retailer currently has the best cash back offer on Active Junky
    If I need it next month -> Wherever google tells it it's gonna be cheapest.

Im pretty disappointed. I get that it doesn't work on gear like it use to but the savings on apparel was very nice. Luckily I just placed a large order the other week. I also don't feel bad at getting a discount. Its not like they are losing money on my orders and Im sure they would prefer larger quantity of orders at smaller margins in lieu of no orders.

They killed all of them - even the new ones that had come out <6 months ago. TSG is cleaning house there in a massive way. Word on the street is all devs in the US have been let go, save 5 or so. This was from a ~50 person team 12 months ago. Can't blame a company to want to get their return on .5b investment.. but wow- the house cleaning that just happened there makes me think the crew from Boiler Room is running the show. Blatantly torching a truly authentic brand seems pretty rare these days - notice how the athlete team is disbanded? They have an athlete page still indexing but Eric Roner (rip!) is still a part of the team, and Sage's profile mentions awards from 2004. Company is officially sold out.

And yes... BC used to be a very cool place.
    /tangent

What up Turx. Hope all is well these days.

I'm an affilliate of Moosejaw which never made me as much as BC.com did before they booted California affiliates as a result of Nexus laws. But I also get my commission on stuff I buy and then when you add in the rewards program and get free shipping it's pretty hard to beat. Plus I've always had great customer service. Their overall selection is not as good as BC.com but usually has what I'm looking for.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    They killed all of them - even the new ones that had come out <6 months ago. TSG is cleaning house there in a massive way. Word on the street is all devs in the US have been let go, save 5 or so. This was from a ~50 person team 12 months ago. Can't blame a company to want to get their return on .5b investment.. but wow- the house cleaning that just happened there makes me think the crew from Boiler Room is running the show. Blatantly torching a truly authentic brand seems pretty rare these days - notice how the athlete team is disbanded? They have an athlete page still indexing but Eric Roner (rip!) is still a part of the team, and Sage's profile mentions awards from 2004. Company is officially sold out.

And yes... BC used to be a very cool place.
    /tangent
    Evo must be excited... there's definitely opportunity there when a company starts pinching pennies - it almost always goes downhill.

Well, it was good while it lasted! Just tried to use the code and stumbled across this thread. Oh well. Many good deals were had.

Living in SLC I like being able to go to their location and shop directly. Also can anyone match BC selection, every brand and every size. More importantly the taco truck in the parking lot has the best lengua tacos.

I enjoyed using the code for 6 years. Now that it has been deactivated, I will be a lot more likely to shop elsewhere. Even just a small discount, kept bringing me back to Backcountry. At the same time, the Active Junky cash back seems to have gone from an average of 10% to 7%.

Backcountry gets acquired cause what they did worked and grew the business. Will the new owners screw it up. Time will tell but I think it's about employees and service and if they leave they are screwed. The bullpen style and bro/gal feel and vibe is what made it. Oh and they carry Norrona gear.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Fellas, FYI, they've got 20% of one full price item right now. Might be worth checking out.

well considering most of the BC.com inventory is showing up on Amazon.com as of late... I wrote about this a few months back. Evo will never do what BC has done. Those dudes are out of touch we bailed on using them for affiliate sales. Aren't they basically like The House selling older gear? Toss in the fact Evo has retail rent to pay, and yeah they wont ever be able to compete with the new player in the game. AKA Amazon.com.

My 0.02 is I would recommend contacting brands you see selling gear on Amazon.com and ask why?? Shit SIA had numerous Amazon buyers on the floor this year, as did OR...

If this trend continues there will be no more locally owned stores, and you will be able to get #amazonworthy till your heart is content.

If residing in the slc area the new BC.com killer is the Sierra trading post store. It's like REI only cheap. Nice store, good deals, and there is still the catalog and discount codes seem easy to find. BC.com changed a bit too much. I dont know of the tjx acquisition will help or hurt stp, I hope it helps....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    If residing in the slc area the new BC.com killer is the Sierra trading post store. It's like REI only cheap. Nice store, good deals, and there is still the catalog and discount codes seem easy to find. BC.com changed a bit too much. I dont know of the tjx acquisition will help or hurt stp, I hope it helps....
    Got a letter recently that made it sound like they are ditching discount codes in the future. But yeah the store is sweet and I haven't tried it but I heard they will take the discount codes!