Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Backcountry.com Bro codes suspended

So last night I went to use my Backcountry.com Discount code & it did not work. So I emailed my contact at BC & he told me that all discount have been suspended until further notice & may not be reinstated at all due to the new ownership of the company & alot of flagrant abuse of the codes.
    Anyone else know whats up?

What else do you need to know? Sounds like they told you what was up in a pretty straightforward manner.

Flagrant abuse? You mean... Buying things?

Buying things for other people, sending your code to your friends, pming it on TGR.

Not directed at the OP but consumers tend to be entitled douche bags these days. Always wanting a hookup and generally having no idea how to respect the hookup or being stealthy regarding sharing the hookup. I say fuck 'em and go back to the old way when pro & shop form were a true privileged and massive discount.

Anybody got a Kokotat hookup they want to share? I need a new drysuit and $1200 is way too much to pay. See..

I was bummed too, but truthfully I was pleasantly surprised every time it still worked.

Can't say I'm surprised. I've been seeing that more and more lately, and not just with outdoor gear.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Who bought backcountry?

Backcountry.com Bro codes suspended

Backcountry stopped being cool in 2009
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Yeah. Happening all over not just the outdoor biz

First rule about bro code...............

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Not directed at the OP but consumers tend to be entitled douche bags these days. Always wanting a hookup and generally having no idea how to respect the hookup or being stealthy regarding sharing the hookup. I say fuck 'em and go back to the old way when pro & shop form were a true privileged and massive discount.

Anybody got a Kokotat hookup they want to share? I need a new drysuit and $1200 is way too much to pay. See..
    what about all the shit customer service and jacked up pricing

i went to coffee shop 2 times last week and each time they out of coffee
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

TSG Consumer Partners Acquires Backcountry
    July 01, 2015 11:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    SAN FRANCISCO & PARK CITY, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TSG Consumer Partners LLC ("TSG"), a leading strategic equity investor in high-growth consumer brands, and Backcountry.com, LLC (“Backcountry”), one of the largest online specialty retailers of outdoor gear and apparel, announced today that TSG has acquired Backcountry from Liberty Interactive Corporation (“Liberty”). Backcountry founder Jim Holland will continue to own a stake in the Company following the transaction, the terms of which were not disclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    Was it ever really cool?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    what about all the shit customer service and jacked up pricing

i went to coffee shop 2 times last week and each time they out of coffee
    Only bootlickers buy their coffee at a coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Was it ever really cool?
    Yes. Yes it was.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Pretty interesting brand line up http://www.tsgconsumer.com/partner-c...p?category=All

Regarding, "being cool" I always laugh at the BC.com logo stickers on [insert "cool" "outdoorsy" vehicle here]. What does that say about a person, "I'm a consumer of outdoor gear who does not support brick and mortar retailers" or "I got this free sticker that I think tells the world I like to [insert preferred recreational activity]" or "I like stickers, yeah!"

I know some very long term guys who find the new world of massive leverage very different then the old world. Time will tell.

Pretty interesting brand line up http://www.tsgconsumer.com/partner-c...p?category=All

Regarding, "being cool" I always laugh at the BC.com logo stickers on [insert "cool" "outdoorsy" vehicle here]. What does that say about a person, "I'm a consumer of outdoor gear who does not support brick and mortar retailers" or "I got this free sticker that I think tells the world I like to [insert preferred recreational activity]" or "I like stickers, yeah!"
    Like anyone who buys a Yeti cooler is required to put a huge sticker on their Outback/Pickup topper advertising their preferred brand of cooler. Like anyone gives a fuck.
    Live Free or Die

i buy the majority of my gear online (much of it used though). but i also spend plenty at brick and mortar stores too. sometimes i need it quick. sometimes the price difference isn't that much. whenever i'm out of town and go into a shop for beta i make a point of buying something. i rarely shop at backcountry although i do at steapandcheap if they're still related. i have a goat on my rack on a jeep.
    glad i could give you a laugh.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

or "I got this free sticker that I think tells the world I like to [insert preferred recreational activity]" or "I like stickers, yeah!"
    I always get a kick out of the people with Apple stickers on their rear window (not so popular these days though)....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I like free stickers. Great for fixing dings or covering scratches. I also like judgmental pricks. That is why I hang out here.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    that's not true. They hooked me up with a big discount on a pair ski boots I already purchased

I am bummed about it since it has been a great hook up on stuff I do not get pro deals on elsewhere. When you are out fitting a family of 4 two of which are racing the discounts on wax & googles/lenses helps. I still spend a shit load of money at Brick & Mortar stores as well. They were good to the maggots for a long time.

I was bummed when it stopped working, but my rep still hooked me up. Buying a new MTB from them last year probably didn't hurt.