Thread: Pinball

Pinball

I was obsessed with eating lunch and playing Simpsons Pinball Party at U of A. Probably dropped a grand into this machine over my 3 years there. Anyone got a decent line on these things? Front gate has refurbished ones for $8,000, but momma didn't raise no foo. Anyways, I got mad love for pinball. Y'all?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1459440841.736828.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	179590
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Had to be posted

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Asheville, NC has a pinball 'museum'. It's an arcade with a rotation. Place is dope. They have Hercules, a pinball machine with a cue ball as a ball.

Also, for Denverites, One Up!? Been? It's the bomb.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Haven't played real pinball in a number of years. I too spent some time in the game rooms during college- but did not spend large amounts of money on it. Rarely see them at bars I visit any more. There is a newer arcade that opened up.

There are a few computer versions of pinball games out there (used to be one free in Windows versions)- I know not the same but until you find the right machine to purchase.... much cheaper than $8K

I picked up an Indiana Jones pinball machine years ago for less than $1000. Played great and was fun for a while. Sold it last year for 3 times what I bought it for. Apparently pinball is having a moment right now. 2 bars that I know of have leagues.
    I still call it The Jake.

LOVE pinball. My wife and I are planning on getting a nice table for the basement, but geez they ain't cheap for the good ones. When you see the work and intricacy that goes into making them though, you can kinda see why they're pricey. You should watch some of the making of videos. Takes a LOT of work to refurb them too, so perfect used models aren't cheap either. Stern's back in the game and they resurrected the awesome Metallica and Kiss ones! http://www.sternpinball.com/ Tempted to get the Start Trek one though. That or the Walking Dead model. Some really amazing tables out there. Going to be tough to decide.

The Baltimore area seems to be a bit of a hotbed. Here's a Simpsons one for $4,000, still a shitload though: http://www.thepinballcompany.com/sim...l-machine.aspx

The guy who services mine is called the Coin-Op Doctor: http://coinopdoc.com He handles sales of machines for a restaurant with a huge arcade called Crabtowne USA, which has a Simpsons machine but they don't have a price on it, you could call the Doc or Crabtowne and ask I guess. http://www.crab-towne.com

There's a few of them on ebay too, this is the cheapest one I saw in a quick look: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SIMPSONS...wAAOSwo0JWKlHS

I live down the road from the largest arcade in the word Funspot. They are also kind of a Pinball museum anyway its a fun way to kill a few hours.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I live down the road from the largest arcade in the word Funspot. They are also kind of a Pinball museum anyway its a fun way to kill a few hours.

That's awesome. I've seen The King of Kong about a dozen times. Great story... You ever see Brian Kuh in there, punch him in the nuts for me, would ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    That's awesome. I've seen The King of Kong about a dozen times. Great story... You ever see Brian Kuh in there, punch him in the nuts for me, would ya?
    I sure will.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

This dude will destroy you in pinball, and riding a bike

I luv me sum pinball
    watch out for snakes

I need a gofundme.

Tommy can you hear me?

Can you feel me near you?
    watch out for snakes

Check out this site for everything about your favorite game.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

I love the pre-electronic games. I've had my eye out for a Klondike for a while, no luck yet.
    Back in college pinball was profitable. Put in a dime, sell eight games to a nubbie for a quarter.

Check out the Mr. Pinball classifieds. https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/

love playing pinball

cool place in Asbury Park as well as a decent place near where I live in nyc

that reminds me, maybe I will take my son again soon
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA