Talking TR - Powder Addiction Snowcat Day on Jones Pass

I haven't heard or seen much about Powder Addiction, so I figured I'd post up a TR. Have wanted to give this operation a try for some time now and just after the March blizzard in Denver a couple of spots were available so we locked in and two days later were were skiing some deep pow. Was overcast and poor visibility much of the day, so I really can't comment on their terrain, but as you can see snow conditions were awesome. It snowed most of the day and are deepest runs were toward the end of the video. The guides were great, they don't farm snow and they seem pretty relaxed. The snowpack was surprisingly stable given the amount of snow that had fallen in the few days prior to the trip.

Looks fuuuun! I've been wanting to try them out.

Was that last Friday?

Yes, last Friday 3/25.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Yes, last Friday 3/25.
    Cool. We saw you guys. Probably the best powder of the year at Jones that day.

Nice video! I've run into the powdercat operation nearly every time I've been up there - they always seem busy, which is good for them, and the guides do seem cool and happy to give beta on the area.

I'm curious tho, would you say most of their clients are already experienced backcountry tourers just out to get more turns in, or mainly resort skiers looking for an adventure?

Skip, the owner is a super nice guy.
    I wish them the best, because he in it for the right reasons.

Very nice.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

My first time with them so I don't know what the norm is but in our group, most had some backcountry experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Skip, the owner is a super nice guy.
    I wish them the best, because he in it for the right reasons.
    Huh? Maybe you know something I don't know. If you're trying to say, Chip, he don't own it no more. From their website

Jason Harper – Guide/Owner

Jason Harper grew up in the Washington DC area and spent his free time between skiing/snowboarding in Colorado and surfing in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. As a backcountry enthusiast, Jason has been exploring the mountains in Colorado for decades. In 2013 Jason, and business partners Steve and Rachel Chaney, purchased Powder Addiction with the hope of continuing to make the epic backcountry adventure available to all. Jason and Powder Addiction feel that safety and experience are paramount in having a successful team of guides and affiliates.

Jason’s certifications include: AIARE 1/AIARE 2 and Wilderness First Responder (11/14).An engineer by trade, Jason left the corporate world in 2001 to pursue independent ventures.

Jason splits his time between Denver, Colorado and Fraser Colorado where he lives with his wife Jen,their son Bryce, daughters Natalie and Hayden, and 2 dogs.
    I know a few of their guides and it sounds like it has been a good season.

Well didn't that look like fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice Jay!
    "PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by nobleman View Post
    Nice video! I've run into the powdercat operation nearly every time I've been up there - they always seem busy, which is good for them, and the guides do seem cool and happy to give beta on the area.

I'm curious tho, would you say most of their clients are already experienced backcountry tourers just out to get more turns in, or mainly resort skiers looking for an adventure?
    I guide for Powder Addiction (although I wasn't out that day). We get a wide variety of folks but I'd say there are more people unfamiliar with backcountry travel that go out with us than savvy BC veterans.

-Danny