Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised that you don't have any Outlaw inbounds rigs. Does the freeride ski better for you in resort?
    I really like the Outlaw X. But I prefer the ease of the Freeride for step in, releasability (several good releases over the years), good brake function (issues with Outlaw that I have read about), and being able to swap bindings across different skis.

Y’all saw the photos of the prototype crispi touring boot? Fey brothers have a pair, apparently as part of the testing and early hype team.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Y’all saw the photos of the prototype crispi touring boot? Fey brothers have a pair, apparently as part of the testing and early hype team.
    hmm i wonder if Miles is skiing on that boot.

I saw him w Eric and crew out at solitude last weekend. Eric was shredding pow on the teleboard! hadn't seen that thing in action before.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I really like the Outlaw X. But I prefer the ease of the Freeride for step in, releasability (several good releases over the years), good brake function (issues with Outlaw that I have read about), and being able to swap bindings across different skis.

cool, yes, all good things. i'll be getting on outlaw for the first time soon on these skinny kastle fx85. will see how it goes. heck i don't even have the brakes as they were sold out at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    cool, yes, all good things. i'll be getting on outlaw for the first time soon on these skinny kastle fx85. will see how it goes. heck i don't even have the brakes as they were sold out at the time.
    The outlaw x with scarpa tx comps is my favorite setup to date as far as turns go, and it tours well too. If you like the axl, I think you will like the outlaw. I don't mind the freeride for inbounds though. It allows you to really rail getting back to the lift on groomers but can also handle other conditions well. The outlaw performs better in powder IMO, as it's a bit smoother through the entire spring cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc
    boots are some older garmont prophet NTN and if i'm going to move to regular NTN use, i'll def need new boots.
    I skied the original crispi shiver for several years and really liked it. It was a 4 buckle version vs the newer 3 buckle models. But I'm on the tx comp now and I think it's the best tele boot I have skied to date. The flex is very consistent and smooth but with plenty of power. Definitely a bummer that their aren't inserts on that boot, but it is heavy for touring. I'm curious to see more about the new crispi offering.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Definitely a bummer that their aren't inserts on [tx comps ], but it is heavy for touring. I'm curious to see more about the new crispi offering.
    FWIW the TX comp is actually slightly lighter than the TX pro due to the lack off inserts. But agreed, it is a shame there arent inserts on the comp. I have some tx pro lowers with the cuff of the original scarpa TX three buckle boot that I tour in. Removing that buckle saves a few grams and adds some ROM, but they are still stupidly heavy/have a bad walk mode compared to any modern AT boot. For this winter I put together a DIY tele-tech setup so I could use some old bellowed scarpa f1s that I got for a song at the local consignment shop.

Its pretty sad really that these skimo boots from 2006 are head and shoulders above any current telemark boot in tourability (they actually ski really well too), while they are largely considered old junk by the AT crowd.

As the OP, I fully endorse this evolving into a tele thread. Keep it up please.

My setups:

Resort:
    184 Head Monster 98 w Vice
    185 DPS Wailer 106 Foundation w Axl (doubles as heavy touring setup)
    190 Dynafit Hokkaido w Vice
    Scarpa T-Race

Touring:
    Wailer 106 ^^^
    169 Rossignol BC 90 w Voile Mountaineer (super light - tele skimo)
    Scarpa T4

Why did scarpa move away from having bellows on their at boots?

Anybody here ski the mantra m5 on tele? The review thread got me thinking. It seems to fit in the category in my head.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Mantra is my all-time favorite ski but haven’t tried since the change to tail rocker. Review thread also got me thinking though...

My all time fav are explosives. I guess I’m a volkl guy... a close friend and long time ski partner is also a volkl guy, along with stockli. He’s now a daily driver with FX9?HP.