Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mitch Weber

RIP Mitch Weber

For a time, the community you created at Telemark Tips was one of the coolest little corners of the internet. I made so many friends there, including you. My ski days and hut trips and parties are filled with people I met through you. I often wished I had kept in touch with you, even googled you to see if I could find out how you are doing. I wish now that I had tried harder.

RIP my friend. I hope you're making turns in the white room whenever you want.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This is really sad. He seemed like a great guy and brought together a cool community. Rest in peace Mitch.

What! Huge bummer. I went in on a winter lease in mammoth with Mitch and a couple of the TT folks years ago. For all of the TT drama, Mitch was a good dude and loved the sport.

RIP Mitch.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

he didn't seem that old? RIP

I thot Mitch was a pretty reasonable dude and IMO the drama wasn't his doing ... he was just herding the cats
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What happened?
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Truly a sad day...Mitch was a great guy and loved his excitement for the Telemark ski industry. I will be a Mitch Bitch until the day I die!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Sad news.

Fuck cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    What happened?
    colon cancer is what I heard?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wow; this comes as a shock.

Like gut punch and a kick in the teeth all in one. Many thanks and farewell Mitch.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Most of the peeps I initially met from the webz are b/c of Mitch and his site. Danno, Shan, Chez, and so many others... After it's demise, I came here to find other posters had spilled over from ttips. Thankful for that.

I will pull out the old tele setup once again tomorrow and make some turns in honor of Mitch. What a great guy with a true passion for the sport. RIP

Whoa, wha????? That's such a bummer. Dude started a lot of greatness-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

RIP Mitch Weber

Holy shit. The wind is knocked out of me.

I only met up with Mitch in Aliso Viejo /Laguna Beach a few times, but we had a damn good time together.

My condolences and thoughts are with his wife, son and daughter. And big Tim.

Major bummer. Mitch was a really good guy that got a shitton of folks psyched on skiing.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Ski on brother
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Very sad. I miss the place. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Most of the peeps I initially met from the webz are b/c of Mitch and his site. Danno, Shan, Chez, and so many others... After it's demise, I came here to find other posters had spilled over from ttips. Thankful for that.

I will pull out the old tele setup once again tomorrow and make some turns in honor of Mitch. What a great guy with a true passion for the sport. RIP

Nice!

bummer, I think Mitch had a young daughter. TTips introduced me to the internet. Same as Jax made some great connections over there that turned into friends. Wishing his family and friends the best.
    off your knees Louie

Mitch was an incredibly tolerant and generous guy. This is a bummer.

Mitch was one of the most important ski Internet personalities, evarr. I say this as a witness who's been online since the late 80s from the rec.skiing days. Thanks for all you did for the backcountry and Tele community, you will always be missed, and endlessly remembered whenever two or more members of the tribe get together to reminisce in the backcountry, at a resort on a hut trip or whenever. RIP dude, you're the mang.

RIP Mitch. condolences to your family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Mitch was one of the most important ski Internet personalities, evarr. I say this as a witness who's been online since the late 80s from the rec.skiing days.
    Do you remember that he used to post to rec.skiing.backcountry under his wife's, Laurie, account? He got it figured out eventually.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this; he wasn't very old. Mitch's site, in its best years, was an incredibly cool place; I still miss it. I met plenty of folks and had fun times with them, online and on the snow. Rest in peace.

Oh no! So sad. Mitch created an incredible community over at ttips. He pushed tele forward in amazing ways, getting people to try fatter skis, stiffer boots and stronger more active bindings. I also met a lot of folks over there.

Never met Mitch, but owe him a deep debt for the content, community and enthusiasm he built through the T-Tips site. No matter how much noise on the site, the signal came through. Peace to him and his family.