Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mitch Weber

RIP Mitch Weber

Sad to hear of this news. I spent hours reading Coulior magazine and surfing the forums @ TTips. Drifted to the rowdy TRG boards when things were winding down on that site. Always had this interwebz handle.

In 2005 or 2006 on an August ski day at Rollins Pass I met a group of TTippers - Chez, Danno, Berko, Snowbreard, Hanz, and a few others I am forgetting. Thru these guys I have been introduced to many others in the Tribe @ Drinko De Mayo & the Corn Harvest - The LL Posse and others in the CO Front Range.

With a family now I am looking forward to skiing more the next few years as I get my kids on the snow. Now a days I am about 50 / 50 tell and alpine. Skiing Beaver Creek closing weekend and going to be ripping the teles for Mitch.

Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1459427221.135573.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  294.0 KB
    stay outta my line

"The mountains are callinh, and I must go." J. Muir

The mountains have called Mitch home, may he forever make untracked turns.

I registered at Ttips, but was never very active. Skied with Mitch at a few Mammoth minis, and drank a few chair 2 parking lot beers with him and the crew.

Bummed I won't be able to make Saturday, please hoist a pint for me in his honor.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

RIP Mitch. I think I only met him a couple of times through Big Tim and the Mammoth crew. He for sure did a lot for fostering the ski community on the internet.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Never met him, but know him well. Ttips was a blast. Learned a lot, laughed a lot.

RIP and vibes to his family and all that had the honor of sharing his short time on this magical planet.
    . . .

I posted this on Backcountry Talk, The new Telemark Talk, and Telemarkest. I'll put it here too. A little sampling of the stoke that TTips encouraged. It got, and kept, me hooked. Forgive the quality. It was downloaded in a multipart series in the days of dial up. Still a great vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSa...ature=youtu.be
    I never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Thanks for paging, Mike.
    That's a punch in the gut.

Few people are that authentically positive; that good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoodGuyMitch.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	179628
    Good Guy Mitch.
    Photo SLHMTB; ©EarnYourTurns

I'll drop a knee tomorrow in memoriam.
    I hope his family can draw comfort and strength from the memory of his good cheer.

Cheers David!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Thank you, Mitch!

This is a huge bummer. Mitch was a standup guy and great to hang out with. I've had well known differences with T-tips crowd but Mitch never cared, and always supported me. I sometimes wondered over the last few years what was up with the sudden demise of the site. I guess now we know. :sadface:
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

This was posted by his daughter on EYT, figured I would repost it here:

I would just like thank all of those who have offered their condolences, shared pictures and stories, and spoke well of my father in this thread. The love and fun my dad put out in the world is beautifully reflected in all of you. For those wishing to honor the memory of my father, all I can say is this: go out, telemark, and get some turns.

May Your Tracks Be Long,
    Allison Weber, daughter of the late and great Mitch Weber
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

TTips (and Descender.com, and K2 ski chatter, and later powdermag and TGR) were super important in my development as a skier, not to mention responsible for some of my best friends to this day.

Mitch and I had our ups and downs but there's no denying his influence and impact on the sport, the turn, and my life. RIP.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I might have posted here already but another post is warranted. Mitch was family to me. Just as Big Tim and his family are to this day. Just as so many of the people here remain family to me and will forever.

The last time I skied with Mitch and Tim was a bluebird pow day at Mammoth and we had soooo much fun. Thanks, Mitch, for herding us, for laughing with us, for your ski adventure postings and being a true bro.

Any link to a place to make a donation in mitch's memory?
    off your knees Louie

RIP Mitch. and vibes to the friends and family. TTips was the starting point for me.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I might have posted here already but another post is warranted. Mitch was family to me. Just as Big Tim and his family are to this day. Just as so many of the people here remain family to me and will forever.

The last time I skied with Mitch and Tim was a bluebird pow day at Mammoth and we had soooo much fun. Thanks, Mitch, for herding us, for laughing with us, for your ski adventure postings and being a true bro.
    Pat and Mitch during a nice spring storm skiing day.

Name:	092.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	180728
    My favorite of Mitch and my wife on a warm spring day. Those days were the best ever on the hill.

Name:	271.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	180729
    Still sinking in that he is gone. Its going to take awhile.

Another forgotten contribution was that Mitch/TTips was an early supporter of Flylow. Back when they were marketing themselves as a "tele" brand. Pretty sure that's one of their early jackets in the first photo above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Pat and Mitch during a nice spring storm skiing day.

Name:	092.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	180728
    My favorite of Mitch and my wife on a warm spring day. Those days were the best ever on the hill.

Name:	271.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	180729
    Still sinking in that he is gone. Its going to take awhile.
    Wow, Twins. Just. Wow. I don't even remember that photo (big surprise ) but it and the shot of Mitch and Patty illustrate perfectly the reason I say I love skiing......

I've never done anything else that brings so many smiles to so many people's faces. Mitch knew that all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Wow, Twins. Just. Wow. I don't even remember that photo (big surprise ) but it and the shot of Mitch and Patty illustrate perfectly the reason I say I love skiing......

I've never done anything else that brings so many smiles to so many people's faces. Mitch knew that all too well.
    Yes, he sure did. And you hit the nail on the head with skiing. I always try to explain to people who don't get it, that it's not just the turns and the feeling they bring that make me love skiing. It's that everyone is happy, everyone is smiling, and I just don't see that anywhere else, at least not anywhere else that I can immerse myself in.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, he sure did. And you hit the nail on the head with skiing. I always try to explain to people who don't get it, that it's not just the turns and the feeling they bring that make me love skiing. It's that everyone is happy, everyone is smiling, and I just don't see that anywhere else, at least not anywhere else that I can immerse myself in.
    Yep I feel the same way. There is not another activity that I do where everyone is just happy. Surfing used to be that way until it got competitive for waves.
    Skied with Laurie last Saturday . It was a great weekend on the hill and she and Allison appreciate all the good words that are being said about Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Skied with Laurie last Saturday . It was a great weekend on the hill and she and Allison appreciate all the good words that are being said about Mitch.
    Thanks for sharing that. Glad to hear it.

Yeah that makes me feel good.

Bump for chill winston.

Damn, thanks Mikey. I had no idea. I was an early ttipster and Mitch had a big influence on me getting deeper into skiing and appreciating the finer things about the life. An all around awesome dude who made a big impact on a lot of people. Shine on

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston View Post
    Damn, thanks Mikey. I had no idea. I was an early ttipster and Mitch had a big influence on me getting deeper into skiing and appreciating the finer things about the life. An all around awesome dude who made a big impact on a lot of people. Shine on
    Yo, chill! Long time, bro. Come to the mammoth mini next year.

Just seeing this.
    I am deeply grieved.