Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Thanks and yup. And a baritone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Here is some inspiration:

Estes Tonne.....this guy is a God....maybe literally!

It's a bit humbling, though...knowing that even if you managed to play for a thousand years, you most likely STILL wouldn't have picked up 5 ℅ of this guy's skills.

This guy parts the Red Sea with his guitar!

^^^ I stumbled onto that guy’s music a few years ago; holy shit is he good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ I stumbled onto that guy’s music a few years ago; holy shit is he good.
    At 5:01 it sounds just like an F-16 taking off. I was waiting for him to take off. He knows his way around the nylons.

Friends and family sitting around the fire. Passing around a fond acoustic of mine, my young son is playing when someone says, nice, is that your guitar? With out hesitation he answers (innocently), "not yet"... makes me think of this tune...

1 Story goes....

"This song is about Neil Young's close relationship with his guitar. Young has an old guitar which was once used by Hank Williams, who was a big influence on Neil. In Young's 2006 movie
    Heart Of Gold, in Nashville Tennessee he talks about how the guitar finally returns to the spot where Hank Williams once played it. Young's friend found the guitar some 30 years ago and Neil has had it since."

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Just scored a great deal on an older used Fender Malibu acoustic electric for my 11 year old son. Time to step up from the uke.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Just scored a great deal on an older used Fender Malibu acoustic electric for my 11 year old son. Time to step up from the uke.
    That's great Mikey!

I hope he enjoys it and plays the heck out of it!!

In the past few months, I totally revamped the amp situation, and now have a Line 6 Helix LT and a HeadRush pedalboard, which I'm running thru studio monitors. It's the bee's knees for my needs. Love it!

Guitar quiver is basically the same with a new member or two...

Gravity. It's the law.

Wow. Nice quiver. My friends been trying to unload this. https://reverb.com/item/6904246-gibs...ural-1977-s013

I've had this one up for a bit too: https://reverb.com/item/6764204-gibs...ayer-condition

Not too motivated to sell it though...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Turned out to not be such a great deal but it all worked out.

Started out at my local music shop, but he didn’t have anything for me. He gave me a few recommendations and I came up with the used Fender on the Guitar Center website.

After I ordered it, the guitar guy from the GC in Chattanooga, TN, where it was located, called me and told me it was a return and was fucked up and I shouldn’t buy it. Then he hooked me up with a smokin’ deal on a new mini Martin acoustic/electric. I’m pretty pleased with the personal service I got from a “big box” store, over Thanksgiving weekend, 2400 miles away from me.

Turned out to not be such a great deal but it all worked out.

Started out at my local music shop, but he didn’t have anything for me. He gave me a few recommendations and I came up with the used Fender on the Guitar Center website.

After I ordered it, the guitar guy from the GC in Chattanooga, TN, where it was located, called me and told me it was a return and was fucked up and I shouldn’t buy it. Then he hooked me up with a smokin’ deal on a new mini Martin acoustic/electric. I’m pretty pleased with the personal service I got from a “big box” store, over Thanksgiving weekend, 2400 miles away from me.
    looking forward to amplified acoustic versions of Smoke on the Water and Iron man.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Don't know if this was posted yet. Fender guitars is doing some sort of paid online lessons. Real instructor led or some shit. 13.5 hours at home and they claim you'll be really playing guitar. Holiday sale was 9.99/month. Reg price looked like 19.99/month. Sounds like a deal if it works.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    looking forward to amplified acoustic versions of Smoke on the Water and Iron man.
    Kid plays a lotta Grateful Dead.

jamming with Reverend Jim and Joey at the local open mic - this bar has been here since 1851

^^^like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

jamming with Reverend Jim and Joey at the local open mic - this bar has been here since 1851
    mb: those laces do not go with your shoes....also you may want to consider a 6 string....

do we have a platform (soundcloud, protools, garage band, etc) for doing a maggot medley somewhere....like where somebody lays down a track and others can come in and add to it and then post the update to a thread and keep it going till its deemed done?

can have multiple songs going at one time....with different mags laying down their custom tune as a base to start
    not everybody has to play, some can do vocals, some can arrange and produce, add touches of percussion, effects ,etc
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

New guitar coming for xmas

Kid plays a lotta Grateful Dead.
    Nothing wrong with that. I mispent a lot of my youth seeing the Grateful Dead.

I was making a joke as those are two common songs that beginners learn on electric AND my youngest kid, the one that's your kid's age, played Iron Man on acoustic during the guitar unit in music class in 4th or 5th grade. That's from the same teacher who had the orchestra play Kashmir, which rocked as an orchestral arrangement. That same kid played violin for that.

However, your kid needs to Branch out beyond hippie music...

https://youtu.be/lB_RvsXu5Y0

I didn't paste the links to Slayer played on the Uke. Of the Big Four, I'm an Anthrax fan anyway. And if it's gotta be Metallica, I really prefer it on Cello.

https://youtu.be/PH68Z6ysqZs

He’s a proud self-proclaimed hippy Dead Head. He plays with a lot of old farts.

He’s a proud self-proclaimed hippy Dead Head. He plays with a lot of old farts.
    Doh, yer in fer it in a few years...

Is an Epiphone Dr-100 a good first-timer guitar? Thinking of one for a gift and one for myself and reviews are 4.5/5. Other options are welcomed. Thanks.

^Cool thanks. Going with the Epiphone.

These also sound great for the price and are a good beginner to intermediate setup. Good action, a livelier sound when compared to dreadnaughts, and easy access up the neck.

http://www.deanguitars.com/guitars/acoustic-guitars
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point