Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Never lame... And being a poseur is as cool as being core on TGR. Never took lessons - just learned by ear and by watching other players. This is me...never guess that I'm an 80's fan...

That your whole herd, or just what's out?

Pretty sure you bought Charvel Star from me a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    hey dasposer, what you got big boy, here's a little wing bastardization.
    post up your stuff
    that's a $89 dollar guitar I bought at a pawn shop in Vegas
    and recorded on a 200 tablet

How is me saying to get some effects, i don't read music, use a slide and have fun, being a poser? strange angry dudes.

I don't play covers.

nice jams though.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    How is me saying to get some effects, i don't read music, use a slide and have fun, being a poser? strange angry dudes.

I don't play covers.

nice jams though.
    no anger kid, just want you to post something up.
    record something on a phone or tablet and post it.
    I'll give you props if you do it.

no anger kid, just want you to post something up.
    record something on a phone or tablet and post it.
    I'll give you props if you do it.
    dude, I am on iTunes, like seriously.

but feel better, i can't pick and strum as good as you, seriously. and i meant to say I can't play covers....

edit, the whole posting to TGR is not like posting to Facebook, i can't really post off my phone here....maybe that is good!
    Terje was right.

you guys should have a guitar off and then a golf off and then a sliding on snow off. send daily tr

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    you guys should have a guitar off and then a golf off and then a sliding on snow off. send daily tr
    hahah, funny stuff.
    He would destroy me in golf. But I'd hit the occasional gorgeous shot and then, well, yeah...suck.

LSD open at Ballyneal!! He is always invited
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Should only take a day.
    you a good fluffer, buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    hahah, funny stuff.
    He would destroy me in golf. But I'd hit the occasional gorgeous shot and then, well, yeah...suck.

LSD open at Ballyneal!! He is always invited
    post a link, of your stuff.
    I've heard good and bad things about that track.
    Hey, what ever happened to motherfucker?
    I sent him some clubs( for free), then he disappeared.

Should only take a day.

post a link, of your stuff.
    I've heard good and bad things about that track.
    Hey, what ever happened to motherfucker?
    I sent him some clubs( for free), then he disappeared.
    Its cool, I am not a big personal promoter of random abstract math/music art....wish I could play guitar like that though...never liked practicing much, just creating. I have a few new instruments coming soon to hook up to my new sweet pedal effects board....Zither....meets Jimi Hendrix's long lost brother.

Yeah, lost touch with MF. he and his woman smoked weed like crazy,....I imagine they are buried somewhere with oil and shatter or something and are lost to the world. He was a ambitions dude. Cool guy for sure and I wished him luck!
    Terje was right.

Should only take a day.
    that's kind of personal but i'm an open guy so let's just say my lips have always been in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Sorry that you still like disco, but it sucked then and it sucks now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPrklRwn1HE

Played a fiddle since I was 18. Got a dobro before Christmas. Dobro is a bitch to learn.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

good dobros, funny guitars
    I've seen Jerry Douglas play many times.
    It's still just a guitar with open tuning, played with a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Played a fiddle since I was 18. Got a dobro before Christmas. Dobro is a bitch to learn.
    Just like the fiddle, but different...

watch out for snakes

Get a MFing Ibanez

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Got a stratocaster! Was $75 upgraded pickup and locking tuners. Plays good but the amp I bought is fucked so that sucks
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    That your whole herd, or just what's out?

Pretty sure you bought Charvel Star from me a few years ago.
    That's pretty much it, minus a couple lurkers, but they were ones I built.

YES - I was wondering if you were "him"... I couldn't imagine there being two people with that moniker. That was a cool axe! I sold it for something else I no longer have... Ah, the revolving door of gear - guitars, bikes, skis...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    That's pretty much it, minus a couple lurkers, but they were ones I built.

YES - I was wondering if you were "him"... I couldn't imagine there being two people with that moniker. That was a cool axe! I sold it for something else I no longer have... Ah, the revolving door of gear - guitars, bikes, skis...

Guess I should move my avatar over here! Yeah I just use the same name everywhere.

Finally got off the guitar merry-go-round. Haven't bought or sold in a couple years. Kind of got the bug for that EVH Star, wish it had a hockey stick.

Almost done with skis, got started on sleds and now moved to snowbikes. So only ski if I get talked into it, or avi danger is off the hook in the BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Got a stratocaster! Was $75 upgraded pickup and locking tuners. Plays good but the amp I bought is fucked so that sucks
    Goddamn cheap amplifiers...

Learning guitar as an adult: lame or not?

If only it would make a sound besides a deafening roar. I took it apart but couldn't find a short anywhere all the solder looks good. I'm sure not happy about paying $120 to fix an amp I bought for $50. It's a Crate GFX 50 two tone. Supposed to be a nice amp but not right now. It might be a short in the power switch but I'm not sure how that would affect it the switch isn't on the board it's independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    If only it would make a sound besides a deafening roar. I took it apart but couldn't find a short anywhere all the solder looks good. I'm sure not happy about paying $120 to fix an amp I bought for $50. It's a Crate GFX 50 two tone. Supposed to be a nice amp but not right now. It might be a short in the power switch but I'm not sure how that would affect it the switch isn't on the board it's independent.
    I have a multimeter you can borrow if you need one. I can help with soldering too if you find your issue, or I could look but I'm not sure when I'll have time to troubleshoot something like that

Learning guitar as an adult: lame or not?

Are you in WA? I don't know anything about repairing an amp, I just talked to a repair guy and he said it sounded like it was arcing inside. I couldn't find an arc. I actually talked to the guy after and he said he would take it back and refund me. I'm totally open to fixing it though.

Yeah, I think we briefly met at bbi. I'll be at Alpental this weekend. I don't know anything about amps but I do work on circuits and have some tools

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Guess I should move my avatar over here! Yeah I just use the same name everywhere.

Finally got off the guitar merry-go-round. Haven't bought or sold in a couple years. Kind of got the bug for that EVH Star, wish it had a hockey stick.

Almost done with skis, got started on sleds and now moved to snowbikes. So only ski if I get talked into it, or avi danger is off the hook in the BC.
    Lol... Yeah, I have my "guitar persona", and my "ski persona"...

I'm really pretty well set for guitar stuff. Bought, sold, and bought the WDM Charvels, and plan to sit on those, the AxeFx is everything I'll ever need as a bedroom stadium rocker, and quite honestly, I don't have the time to play much anyway, nor the cash to flip guitar gear.

Shoulda known it was an RT'er - "Hell, CA - population 4"... Thanks, Jizzy...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Yeah, I think we briefly met at bbi. I'll be at Alpental this weekend. I don't know anything about amps but I do work on circuits and have some tools
    I'm so bad with names and faces, basically retarded. I sure appreciate the offer and if craigslist dude fails to refund me I'll take you up on it. Could a power switch cause that kind of effect?