Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Got a message from Mr. Gress today with some pics. The custom redwood tele is looking real good already!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wf3wnienjaewvpixprgj.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	206627
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Tone

Intonation, in music, is a musician's realization of pitch accuracy, or the pitch accuracy of a musical instrument.

In linguistics Intonation is variation of spoken pitch that is not used to distinguish words; instead it is used for a range of functions such as indicating the attitudes and emotions of the speaker, signalling the difference between statements and questions, and between different types of questions, focusing attention on important elements of the spoken message and also helping to regulate conversational interaction.

el·o·cu·tion
    noun
    the skill of clear and expressive speech, especially of distinct pronunciation and articulation.

====================

Compare:

Enjoy:

Tone

n Western music, Dissonance is the quality of sounds that seems unstable and has an aural need to resolve to a stable consonance. Both consonance and dissonance are words applied to harmony, chords, and intervals and, by extension, to melody, tonality, and even rhythm and metre. Although there are physical and neurological facts important to understanding the idea of dissonance, the precise definition of dissonance is culturally conditioned—definitions of and conventions of usage related to dissonance vary greatly among different musical styles, traditions, and cultures. Nevertheless, the basic ideas of dissonance, consonance, and resolution exist in some form in all musical traditions that have a concept of melody, harmony, or tonality.[contradictory] Dissonance being the complement of consonance it may be defined, as above, as non-coincidence of partials, lack of fusion or pattern matching, or as complexity.

You post super interesting vids Highangle. Check your pm's

Tele-sale...

https://reverb.com/item/5290034-fend...pple-red-nitro

In the revolving door of gear, it didn't stand the test of time.
    Gravity. It's the law.

If I didn't have a custom tele coming....

^ $750 for a MIM tele? "Basically a Custom Shop..."

lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Trapper Creek this weekend...

https://www.facebook.com/bootsbisonranch

May 26 – May 29
    May 26 at 12:00 PM to May 29 at 12:00 PM AKDT

Boot's Bison Ranch 29225 S. Bradley Rd Trapper Creek, Ak

3 days in the Woods with over 40 acts.

Tickets Available at: Planet X, Spenard -The Shack, Wasilla - Grassroots Guitar, Fairbanks -Sugar Magnolias, Soldotna -The Fringe, Homer.

FEATURING: The AK Fire Circus, Ghost Town Gospel, Intuitive Compass, The Jephries, The Dirty Hands, The Avery Wolves, Fairbanks Fire & Flow, The Shoot Dangs, The Heretic Foundation, Samm bones, Old Timber, Daughter Shoulda Named Her, Brooke Amber, Green Tara's Honkytonk Smorgasborg, Ukelele Russ, Chainsaw & The Fine Particulates, Saucy Yoda, Jason Ott, Dead Calm, Songweeds, Hanna Corral, Kat Watson, Frannie & Friends, John Budnik Band, Space Whale, Sam Sawyer, Brett, Cherie Bowman, Alex, Bryce, Carmella, Birch, Goatwulf, Wash Your Hands, Phineas Gauge, Riesa Rose, SunDog, Sid n Ashleigh, and others.

There's a bunch of dogs on that list. Srsly... Birch, Goatwulf, and Wash Your Hands are literally dogs and not bands.

Last edited by highangle; 05-25-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    ^ $750 for a MIM tele? "Basically a Custom Shop..."

lol...
    First, quote it right, dickhead.... "It is a MIM Road Worn Player Series, which is basically an affordable version of the Custom Shop Road Worn Teles."

List $1199; $950 street price new. Might want to know what the fuck you're talking about first, huh? Pricing "high" gives me room to give a "deal" too, right? Can't believe I have to explain Econ 101 to someone as smart as you. Show me a bunch that are cheaper than that, BTW. Look at the specs on it. Cripes...the tuners alone are a $65 upgrade. Look at what they've been selling for - if you can even find one. Besides being the only one on Reverb right now, I'm also asking less than all the others. Clearly you know what you're talking about though. Take a look at the ones they turn out now (50's model road worn) and tell me which you think had more work put into it, and ten tell me what the new ones are selling for.

To frame it up a bit more simply for the daft among us:

Let's see...do I want an MIA "custom shop" Tele made by Mexicans in Corona for $2K, or a MIM Tele made by the same Mexicans right across the border when they don't have USA's to build? I guess it depends on the corks you sniff. Let's see your awesome axe quiver.
    Gravity. It's the law.

^ you mad bro?

I know I would be if I paid $750 for a MIM tele... With $65 tuners and a bunch of paint scraped off! Just listen to that TONE!
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

EDIT - don't feed trolls.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    ... that TONE!

I can't hear you brah, but you look like you're trying.

TONE:

’ Well you would if it were playing...
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Thanks you fuckers. Just impulsed another dreadgun from the mail order house:

Rosewood
    Adirondack
    untinted nitro
    Forward-shifted x, scalloped spruce throughout, hide glue
    1-piece dovetail V hog neck, ebony board, stainless frets, gold open butterbeans
    12/16 bone nut, bone/ebony prewar belly bridge, bone pins
    abalone rosette & purfling, abalone snowflakes dots, gaudy headstock
    tortoise pickguard
    gold hardware vintage-look case with green crushed velvet & sweet badging

Maybe 5 years for the top to start to loosen, but should be a big ol fishfry when the grease finally heats up...
    So when is NGD? (new guitar day)

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    So when is NGD? (new guitar day)

The Zon says, "Expected to ship June 1", so 1-4 days after that. "Usually ships in 2-5 weeks" .

They better. I'm stopping at Petr's in a half hour, and I know they'll want to show me the HD28 they have listed on Reverb for $2k...

But I've always wanted an Adi. And Recording King has their own factory, and they're the only Chinese builder that uses only American Titebond and hide glue. The AAA Adi and nitrocellulose finish puts them in a higher build class than the Blueridges or Eastmans, or I daresay the Martin DRs.

Thats some good wood.

My Eastman has nitro finish.

My new tele doesn't have a finish yet.
    The other neck blank had a knot I guess so I got (upgraded?) to this composite maple neck, being shaped. And that rosewood!

Tone makes a lot of sense to me when talking about accoustics. When it comes to electrics (solid bodies at least) how much difference in tone is there from one wood to the other? Isn't most of the tone dictated by the electronics?

Learning guitar as an adult: lame or not?

Yes, sort of... Sustain, feedback, and harmonics are all affected by materials, to a degree. If you slather the output in effects, the source is mostly irrelevant (witness Sonic Youth's early work with shit guitars, or try to identify what guitars Skullflower are driving way past their tolerances); but pure tone will be different with different body materials.

That's one of the reasons to avoid cheap electrics; one note in a chord will often dominate the other notes, due to body vibrations and feedback, making it sound muddy, or just plain shitty. You want to hear the whole guitar, not just the strings.
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 05-28-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    My Esteban has nitro finish.

You got some snake rattles for it yet?

How dare you! casting aspersions on my fine Eastman instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Skwisgaar Skwigelph Maalmsteen View Post
    How dare you! casting aspersions on my Creednickle funkstick.

If it can plek a boom chika wawa and looks good with a ponytail, I got no problems (unless the song's got the Drop Chord...I can't hardly play that Drop Chord...).

http://www.flyinfiddler.com/rattle.html

In other news I built a shitty cab for the little 5F1 I built.

Just looks real ugly. Gots loads of tweedy mojo