WTB Red technical hard shell jacket

My son has a summer job in Alaska coming up and he has to wear a red shirts and jacket. He is looking for a medium to large quality technical hard shell jacket. It doesn't need to be perfect and he doesn't want to buy brand new because it will most likely be trash by the end of the summer. Waterproofness and durability is important. Pit zips are preferred.

He's 6'0", 170 for size reference.

It has to be red, what do you want to get rid of?

Good call on it being a red one.

dang I just gave away a well used but still decent shape arcteryx red jkt size large that was one of their tougher/thicker shells. would've been perfect to destroy
    dont know why I just teased you like that

why red?

I have a day-glo yellow shell that i wear in the woods, makes me feel less likely to get run over by equipment or shot by hunters. probably doesn't matter ha.

anyways, shop i work at has a M marmot freerider jacket i can sell for 200, sweet jacket but probably too nice to ruin. way to nice for me.

I have a Helly Hansen Odin Mountain Jacket that has some visibly wear but is pretty damn good. The shoulder laminate has cracked but doesnt affect the waterproofing or nylon shell, some collar mesh is delaminating, and one pit zip has deglued at the end but could be quick fixed with some red thread or gorilla tape. I would dump it for $75 shipped.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Who else is holding out?

WTB Red technical hard shell jacket

I have a red arcteryx beta goretex jacket that is used, but in really good shape. What's your budget? I'm 6' 185#, so similar size to your son. Pit zips and all zippers function perfectly. Waterproof, and was tech washed last spring. Only written for a handful of days skiing since. Small tear in the right upper arm was repaired with aqua seal that you can barely even notice.

New week bump....