Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    You voting for Bernie?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    I bet if that lifty was making $100/hr he would have fucked that dude up.
    I would've fucked that dude up. Fact that some other dude simply said "you hit a girl" and did nothing shows me he was a giant pussy. Not nearly as much as the douche that hit her but a pussy just the same.
    I witness, in person, a man hitting a woman? I for sure involved.

What would you do if it was she that threw the first punch?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Not according to alleged female witness "Always2sides":
    https://www.reddit.com/r/snowboardin...thstar/d1bvtcd

"My comments keep getting deleted in TwoX... I hope that I can help spread the truth somewhere.

I was there that spring like day of Feburary 25, 2016. I was in the lift line, waiting for a friend to meet up with me when this woman slammed into the guy she is accusing of hitting her. She came into the lift line extremely fast and out of control. She hit him and fell, and he actually tried to help her up! He was certainly a little pissed off, but anyone would be. The only contact at his point was him trying to help her up with her huge backpack and camera. She started to immediately yell and scream at him, getting in his face for "cutting her son off". He told her to back off and to chill out. This is when she closed fist punched him in the jaw! I couldn't believe my eyes. His next movement was taking his headphones off. I could tell he was so angry, he flung off his headphones in a furry, and they looked like like hit her a little in the head. The Northstar staff was on this situation like flies on shit. Before I knew it, ski patrol and the guys in yellow were there separating both parties and trying to figure it all out.

In her blog post she mentions that only the men of security were there and taking advantage of her (basically..) Which is a lie. I distinctly remember a woman employee coming up to her FIRST to take her story.

I don't know much after that because my friend arrived and we peaced out. She is being overly dramatic and straight up lying to everyone. I am ashamed of this behavior as I am a woman my self. Her actions were not cool, and down right nasty. I hope the truth can be exposed by more people and shine a light on this horrible, lying woman who is playing the fake victim card!

(username is) a throwaway because I don't feel like being attacked in real life. I will do whatever I can to prove this is the truth though.

Proof: my epic mix tracker for the day. It tracked my whole vacation. http://imgur.com/eqQrEKs

Please do not delete this."

The fake victim card is way, way overplayed these days.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/new...bany-assaults/
    Totally believable, but anonymous post--could be for real, could be a friend of the snowboarder or the snowboarder himself. The tone certainly doesn't sound like the tone of an impartial witness. OTOH it does seem unlikely that Vail would ban someone without good cause. It would shock me if there isn't a video, or ten, of this incident floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    She best have the name Ali as in Muhammed or rousey cause if he hits back well....I still think I'm involved.

Even if she provoked it by verbally attacking him about in control skiing no amount of bitching could make me hit a woman. Might I comment back to her for her verbal abuse? Possibly but never would I lay a hand on her.

On February 25th, at approximately 1:50 p.m., Northstar Ski Patrol was immediately alerted to an altercation at the Vista Lift Maze. Ski Patrol, Security and Mountain Safety promptly responded to the incident and completed an investigation. One eyewitness to the incident stated Mrs. Danelle Muresan-Foster was the party who was physically aggressive toward another guest. The eyewitness stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster collided into the male guest in the lift maze from behind; she fell to the ground; and, he tried to help her up. The same eyewitness also stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster initiated the physical altercation by slapping the other guest. Mrs. Muresan-Foster admitted to the security officer who responded to the scene, a former Sheriff’s officer, that she slapped the other guest. No witness beyond Mrs. Muresan-Foster reported any physical violence toward her. The investigation also found that the other guest engaged in inappropriate behavior with abusive language. Our security officer repeatedly offered at the time of the incident to contact the local authorities for Mrs. Muresan-Foster, however she repeatedly refused. After concluding our investigation, Northstar restricted the skiing/riding privileges of both guests.

On February 25th, at approximately 1:50 p.m., Northstar Ski Patrol was immediately alerted to an altercation at the Vista Lift Maze. Ski Patrol, Security and Mountain Safety promptly responded to the incident and completed an investigation. One eyewitness to the incident stated Mrs. Danelle Muresan-Foster was the party who was physically aggressive toward another guest. The eyewitness stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster collided into the male guest in the lift maze from behind; she fell to the ground; and, he tried to help her up. The same eyewitness also stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster initiated the physical altercation by slapping the other guest. Mrs. Muresan-Foster admitted to the security officer who responded to the scene, a former Sheriff’s officer, that she slapped the other guest. No witness beyond Mrs. Muresan-Foster reported any physical violence toward her. The investigation also found that the other guest engaged in inappropriate behavior with abusive language. Our security officer repeatedly offered at the time of the incident to contact the local authorities for Mrs. Muresan-Foster, however she repeatedly refused. After concluding our investigation, Northstar restricted the skiing/riding privileges of both guests.
    This report came from PD or Vail resorts/North Star?

Laughed, and asked her if she wanted my dick down her throat. Really.

Finally, we always strongly encourage law enforcement involvement and cooperation.

Beth Howard

Northstar Vice President and General Manager

I do know how I'd react to what I considered endangering my kid.

Mother protecting her cubs and all.

The stories posted are so wildly opposite it's crazy. The witness post kinda feels like it was dudes buddy, but heck I wasn't there. I just know there are pretty much no circumstances where you hit a woman.

Wow just wow

We'll, it's not as though she didn't ask for it.

Trust me, it wasn't the first time.

Well, looks like I stand corrected. Blaming the victim did happen, but doesn't seem to be the case here.

If the witness account is real than she chased the guy down and deliberately collided into him. That could be a worse impact then being punched in a face.

Had a friend of a friend,who barely even knows me, purposely blindside me 2 weeks ago it knocked the wind or if me pretty bad. Thought about taking my board of and beating him with it but instead just said wtf,went my own way and decided not to ride with the douche again

Don't mess with 8 ball

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

holy shit that guys makes so much money! I instructed for a season, I made $495, I sure spent more than that at the bar. Does Colorado have some sort of high minimum wage? $16/hr damn... Do their patrollers even make that?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Was looking at your other thread, you make more per hour than an average wildland firefighter if you've instructed for a couple years.

Granted you don't get all the OT and hazard pay, but you're just skiing around babysitting small and/or grown children not risking your life every day.
    So.. fuck off with the "fair wages" schtick, get a haircut and a real job brudda!
    This is so stupid. Let me see if I can break down just how illogical your statement is.

How does it make any sense to say that a ski instructor's wages are fair b/c a more hazardous and demanding job pays less? Isn't that the point where we should recognize that the way our society determines who gets paid what is fundamentally broken on some level? You're saying that b/c a firefighter gets compensated poorly for risking their lives, then no one else has the right to complain that they aren't being paid enough by a business like Vail Resorts, for example, that earned "US$665.3 million in 2007" (this is just what I could find with a quick search) when those individuals risk less and do less strenuous work. That is completely and totally absurd. This is like saying that the guy who had a 10 lb weight dropped on his foot shouldn't complain, b/c there are guys getting 50 lb weights dropped on their feet -- if, in order to say that one group of individuals should stop complaining, you have to show how much worse another group has it, then you are simply shrugging your shoulders and accepting the system that fucks over both groups, albeit in different proportions.

People here want to act like these people don't deserve a fair wage b/c of . . . what, exactly? They make their living on their skis? Some people on this forum do that, and while some of those individuals may be engaged in more hazardous lines of work than ski instructors (ski patrol, for instance), instructors still have to live, and in some cases, support their families. It's not just TJ and Dexter that work in ski towns, a lot of people that aren't just there anymore to ski do as well. Saying that that's just the way it is is complete bullshit and it attests to how familiarized and numb we are as a nation to the sense of having no power in our working life.
    Last edited by adam; 03-28-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    This is so stupid. Let me see if I can break down just how illogical your statement is.

How does it make any sense to say that a ski instructor's wages are fair b/c a more hazardous and demanding job pays less? Isn't that the point where we should recognize that the way our society determines who gets paid what is fundamentally broken on some level? You're saying that b/c a firefighter gets compensated poorly for risking their lives, then no one else has the right to complain that they aren't being paid enough by a business like Vail Resorts, for example, that earned "US$665.3 million in 2007" (this is just what I could find with a quick search) when those individuals risk less and do less strenuous work. That is completely and totally absurd. This is like saying that the guy who had a 10 lb weight dropped on his foot shouldn't complain, b/c there are guys getting 50 lb weights dropped on their feet -- if, in order to say that one group of individuals should stop complaining, you have to show how much worse another group has it, then you are simply shrugging your shoulders and accepting the system that fucks over both groups, albeit in different proportions.

Calm down. He doesn't get paid much because there's another hundred people waiting for his job if he loses it. Eco 101.

After spending a few days at BC, I'm surprised Vail corp doesn't import Mexicans over the border to do most of the instructing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Calm down. He doesn't get paid much because there's another hundred people waiting for his job if he loses it. Eco 101.
    that doesn't change the fact that the wages are unfair and that we should have organizations like unions to intervene in businesses' like VR ability to pay some people so little.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    that doesn't change the fact that the wages are unfair and that we should have organizations like unions to intervene in businesses' like VR ability to pay some people so little.
    Don't be a whiney bitch. Your mother didn't sit you down and tell you this, so, I will. Life is not fair.

99.9% of the worlds population could give a fuck. Most people struggle to feed and shelter themselves and their families. And you tell me it isn't fair that some white boy or girl isn't paid enough to hold the hands of other white people while they partake in the essentially silly and expensive activity called skiing? Grow the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    99.9% of the worlds population could give a fuck. Most people struggle to feed and shelter themselves. And you tell me it isn't fair that some white boy or girl isn't paid enough to hold the hands of other white people while they partake in the essentially silly and expensive activity called skiing? Grow the fuck up.
    That's exactly the logic that "Charmander" used, ya dingus. You don't get it. Regardless of their skin color, once a person is a ski instructor, they are poor and living in an expensive place, regardless of what they do to earn their money, or how much money the people they instruct have. It doesn't make sense to say that they should be happy being poor b/c there are people who are a lot worse off, that's just a way of accepting the unfairness of both situations. Raising the wages of people who aren't paid enough is worthwhile, regardless of the existence of people who are worse off.

I refer you to the "Do you live in a bubble" thread in the Padded Room. Good evening.

And, get a job.

Acknowledging a fact like the effectiveness of unions ≠ living in a bubble

you're the one that's living in a bubble since you can't comprehend the situation of someone who get's paid shit by any business for performing any kind of service, nor do you seem aware of the existence of organizations that try to remedy that

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03...n_6888328.html

I guess their mothers/some old fuck never sat them down to tell