Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    The full Reddit post from alleged female witness "Always2sides":

"My comments keep getting deleted in TwoX... I hope that I can help spread the truth somewhere.

I was there that spring like day of Feburary 25, 2016. I was in the lift line, waiting for a friend to meet up with me when this woman slammed into the guy she is accusing of hitting her. She came into the lift line extremely fast and out of control. She hit him and fell, and he actually tried to help her up! He was certainly a little pissed off, but anyone would be. The only contact at his point was him trying to help her up with her huge backpack and camera. She started to immediately yell and scream at him, getting in his face for "cutting her son off". He told her to back off and to chill out. This is when she closed fist punched him in the jaw! I couldn't believe my eyes. His next movement was taking his headphones off. I could tell he was so angry, he flung off his headphones in a furry, and they looked like like hit her a little in the head. The Northstar staff was on this situation like flies on shit. Before I knew it, ski patrol and the guys in yellow were there separating both parties and trying to figure it all out.

In her blog post she mentions that only the men of security were there and taking advantage of her (basically..) Which is a lie. I distinctly remember a woman employee coming up to her FIRST to take her story.

I don't know much after that because my friend arrived and we peaced out. She is being overly dramatic and straight up lying to everyone. I am ashamed of this behavior as I am a woman my self. Her actions were not cool, and down right nasty. I hope the truth can be exposed by more people and shine a light on this horrible, lying woman who is playing the fake victim card!

a throwaway because I don't feel like being attacked in real life. I will do whatever I can to prove this is the truth though.

Proof: my epic mix tracker for the day. It tracked my whole vacation. http://imgur.com/eqQrEKs

Please do not delete this."

If this is true, it sounds like the guy ought to be the one pressing assault charges, and Northstar should sue her for defamation.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-24-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I've twice seen my young kids having guys go Agro in the park on them when both times they were the ones behind not giving space. Both immediately shut up when I pointed this out. I think 99% of us are trying to do the right thing, but there are a few who think it is their park and their resort.
    There is never a reason to get angry with a little kid- they don't know any better. That said, if little kids aren't following proper park ettiquite (read the signs, its simple enough), or are going into the big park only to side jump the rail lips they are not only a nuisance but also a danger. Most folks wouldn't be happy if a couple rugrats and their dad were blocking the long, partially uphhill traverse to their favorite stash, or were sideslipping away allthe loose snow in your favorite chute.

I don't know the situations you are speaking of, and im not implying you and yours are guilty of the above... But I see the "share the park and resort" attitude taken to unsafe and aggravating extremes all the damn time. The park is not a normal run to make turns down. It is a place where you are meant to hit the features, generally, in a certain way and when folks ignore this, and treat it as any other run they become a danger to other riders, and ruin the flow nad enjoyment of the park for the other users.

But again, no need to get angry. Especially at a little kid or a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    i was told never to ski flatstar, heard it sucks hard
    It's a good place to take your girlfriend.
    Oh, wait.

Hopefully more info comes to light from this... http://www.sierrasun.com/news/212938...sault-incident

TRUCKEE, Calif. — Lake Tahoe-area law enforcement officials are investigating an alleged assault incident — which was detailed in a vulgarity-filled blog post that went viral Wednesday — that reportedly occurred a month ago at Northstar California Resort.On Wednesday, March 23, Danelle Muresan Foster, an Iowa resident, published her account of the alleged incident that she says occurred Feb. 25 at about 2:30 p.m. at the Vail Resorts-owned ski area.
    Her blog post at shredmom.com/blog details an apparent harrowing incident involving a snowboarder at Northstar punching her in the face after she approached him.
    “We have detectives up there right now (at Northstar California) looking for witnesses; this is an open investigation at this time,” Sgt. Dave Hunt of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said at about noon Thursday. “We’re investigating it as a misdemeanor assault crime … she apparently slapped him, and he then punched her in the face.”
    According to Foster’s blog post, the unnamed snowboarder — whom she describes as a male in his ‘20s — nearly ran into her 9-year-old son as he was dropping into Northstar’s halfpipe and then yelled at him to get out of the way as he rode past.
    Foster said she approached the man afterward about the encounter, and at that point he “threatened me and grabbed me,” she said in a Thursday phone interview.
    “He was assaulting me first, by threatening me and grabbing me. I told him three times to get off me. It was pretty serious, and I was pretty terrified,” Foster said.
    Her blog post goes into greater detail, alleging that the man said the following (the curse words have been edited by the Sun): “What are you gonna do b---h, f---ing cry about it? You can’t even f---ing ride, b---h. You know who you’re f---ing with?! I’ll have you kicked out! You don’t know who you’ve f---ed with now! You’re f---ing dead! Are you gonna cry, little girl? Go f---ing cry cause you’re f---ing dead!”
    On Thursday, while reading from the incident report filed Feb. 25 with PCSO, department spokeswoman Dena Erwin said in a phone interview with the Sun that the suspect allegedly “yelled at her and bumped her with his chest. She said she tried to get away, he followed her, yelling at her … she then turned around and slapped him in the face, and the man then punched her in the left eye.”
    Hunt on Thursday said the department didn’t do much follow-up beyond Feb. 25, considering Foster “didn’t mention anything to the deputy that somebody saw it, that there were any witnesses … and that she didn’t mention a suspect.”
    “Her account (published Wednesday) has that information, that’s what we were looking for … so now we’re going back to look for the witnesses,” he said.
    Foster’s blog post goes on to accuse Northstar and Vail Resorts for trying to cover up the incident.
    Several voicemails and emails seeking comment from Northstar and Vail Resorts for this story have not been returned.
    Foster describes herself as “a snowboarding instructor, college soccer referee, writer, photographer, and stay-at-home mother of four.”
    During Thursday’s phone interview, she said she’s been overwhelmed since the blog post became viral on Wednesday — both with positive support from Tahoe residents and many around the country, and by other people who aren’t believing her story.
    “I’m now getting threats from people who claim to be friends of the people who were there (on Feb. 25) … said that I need to stay out of Tahoe,” she said. “Somebody told me I need a bodyguard. I’m very scared. This is a terrifying ordeal.”
    When asked Thursday why she waited almost a month to publish details regarding the incident via her blog, she said was told that “there’s a small group of troublemakers” in the snowboard community at Northstar that constantly cause trouble for the sheriff’s office, and that “the resort doesn’t want the police there checking it out.”
    “I’ve been calling the resort, I’ve been emailing back and forth with them … because I was trying to resolve the situation with the resort,” she added. “I am not an attention seeker. If you look at my blog … there is no advertising. I’m not looking for advertising, I have no desire being the center of a big media thing.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Is this the start of a back pedal? Where's the footy?!

Update per that linky:

Marcie Bradley, Senior Communications Manager for Northstar, issued the following statement via email to the Sun at 1:50 p.m. Thursday: “At Northstar, the safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. We have zero tolerance for acts of violence by anyone at our resorts and, in the rare event that a criminal incident does occur, we strongly encourage law enforcement involvement and cooperation. In this situation, the findings of our investigation do not support the claims of Mrs. Muresan-Foster and we are working with law enforcement regarding this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Update per that linky:
    http://www.northstarcalifornia.com/n...r-3.24.16.aspx

As the General Manager of Northstar California, I feel compelled to respond to a situation at our resort described by a guest regarding an incident earlier this season between her and another guest. It is important for everyone to know our first and foremost priority is the safety of our guests and employees, and we have zero tolerance for acts of violence. We conducted a timely, thorough investigation into this matter, and given recent interest we believe that it is important to report the results. As with any conflict between two parties, it can be challenging to sort through various positions, but we endeavor to do our best, and to resolve matters fairly based on the results of the investigation. Finally, we always strongly encourage law enforcement involvement and cooperation.

On February 25th, at approximately 1:50 p.m., Northstar Ski Patrol was immediately alerted to an altercation at the Vista Lift Maze. Ski Patrol, Security and Mountain Safety promptly responded to the incident and completed an investigation. One eyewitness to the incident stated Mrs. Danelle Muresan-Foster was the party who was physically aggressive toward another guest. The eyewitness stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster collided into the male guest in the lift maze from behind; she fell to the ground; and, he tried to help her up. The same eyewitness also stated that Mrs. Muresan-Foster initiated the physical altercation by slapping the other guest. Mrs. Muresan-Foster admitted to the security officer who responded to the scene, a former Sheriff’s officer, that she slapped the other guest. No witness beyond Mrs. Muresan-Foster reported any physical violence toward her. The investigation also found that the other guest engaged in inappropriate behavior with abusive language. Our security officer repeatedly offered at the time of the incident to contact the local authorities for Mrs. Muresan-Foster, however she repeatedly refused. After concluding our investigation, Northstar restricted the skiing/riding privileges of both guests.

We have zero tolerance for acts of violence or abuse by anyone at our resorts, and will suspend lift privileges and mountain access for anyone who engages in this behavior, as we’ve done in this case. We are saddened that this incident took place and so negatively impacted the experience of our guests and staff. We strive every day to provide a fun, safe and enjoyable environment to all of our guests and we actively encourage our guests to act responsibly and respectfully towards one another during their time at Northstar.

Riinteresting.[/scooby voice]

Still gonna wait on the PCSO investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

hell hath no fury like a woman snowboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hmmmm. The cops' investigation turn to be about whether Danelle made a false crime report. Cops don't like that shit.

Generally speaking the way a person writes can tell you a great deal. I'm guessing the snowboarder was in the wrong and then she went all cray cray. Never use that expression but it seems appropriate in this case.

And for the record, Northstar trees are rad on storm days.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Generally speaking the way a person writes can tell you a great deal. I'm guessing the snowboarder was in the wrong and then she went all cray cray. Never use that expression but it seems appropriate in this case.

And for the record, Northstar trees are rad on storm days.
    better than sierra trees?

i wouldnt be surprised if the snowboarder did cut her kid off or do something nefarious in the park
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

better than sierra trees?
    As I recall, Sierra has better steep trees. Northstar has better lower angle trees and more well-spaced glades. It's been awhile so it's possible that conditions have changed cuz trees grow, ya know.

sierra has best tree skiing ive ever seen or imagined for resort skiing

shit is the real deal
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    As I recall, Sierra has better steep trees. Northstar has better lower angle trees and more well-spaced glades. It's been awhile so it's possible that conditions have changed cuz tree grow, ya know.
    steve trying to make nicey?
    Zone Controller

shit is the real deal
    You need a better imagination.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Yeah, I remember skiing the big Red Firs at Sierra. Big stands, and old growth AFAICT.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    You need a better imagination.
    where has better in bounds tree skiing? steamboat? i think its sierra with the finest, jacks bowl
    Zone Controller

Her assault TR was tl/dr... but I looked at some of her other blogs. Self-absorbed comes to mind. And it sounds as though she is being less than truthful in her rendition.

She's gotta be divorced or seperated. More than once.

If not, soon.

in the first few paragraphs it seemed over the top
    not that over the top shiz doesn't happen but read last night and thought- embellished for sure
    ugh- too many fuck faces in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Something not right about her version.
    Read like turd polishing to me...

shit is the real deal
    Pretty darn close. Lookout Mountain at Northstar on a storm day can be amazing and is steeper than the rest of the resort. And most of the clientele there can't even find it.

I submitted a reply to her blog story this morning, but it was never posted. Clearly she's reviewing comments and only posts that sympathize with her are published, which makes it look like everyone is on her side.

Definitely a self-absorbed drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I don't believe most of it. C'mon. Imagine if any of us witnessed that. We'd be all over the motherfucker. She is fabricating this, for some reason.
    Bullshit. Do you really think she, a mom trying to film her 9yo, would have started a physical fight with the guy? HE nearly ran him off a jump, so she took it upon herself to approach him to let him know he should watch where he's going, and then he punched her. He's 6', she's 5'-2". Stop victim shaming.