Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    Bump - it looks like we may be making the move to the Denver area, looking at Golden or the west side somewhere. Different parameters than the OP - mainly in that we have elementary age kids and are used to great schools. We have good friends who live near South Table, so we'd like to be near them, but not sure we want to spend that kind of money. We would like to have some money left over to go skiing.

Mainly when we buy we'll be thinking schools and it doesn't seem too straight forward. The elementary vs middle school vs high school district lines seem all messed up. Or at least hard to decide where to live for making sure we're in a good area for all 3 levels. Then there's the choice schools? Any advice from parents who know the area would be appreciated.
    http://www.greatschools.org/colorado/golden/schools/

Most schools in Golden are good, but Pleasant View has a bad reputation. You don't want to live in this area.

Hikesalot, welcome! I've been living here just about 4 months and it's great. Would love to meet up when you arrive. Never did make a priority of meeting anyone else in this thread, so if anyone is up for grabbing a drink and sharing local tips, would still welcome that!
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

OP, you should move back to "NW of xtal mtn." Sunshine is overrated.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Personal dislikes: homogeneous culture, continental snowpack
    Well, then you definitely shouldn't be moving to Golden (homogeneous culture) or anywhere in Colorado (continental snowpack)
    "PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    OP, you should move back to "NW of xtal mtn." Sunshine is overrated.
    Hmm. Sounds like the "OP" has a husband who is in favor of her return to the 206...
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like the "OP" has a husband who is in favor of her return to the 206...
    I hear Baltimore is nice, you could move there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baltimore-bench2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	187822
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I like where this is going.

i'm in golden....
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Heyo Golden mags! I've finally moved to Golden (Lakota Hills neighborhood) and would definitely be interested in a meetup. I tried to start a PM chain earlier in the year and then spent almost 7 consecutive months traveling for work, so I wasn't able to follow up. My weekend is looking pretty open for drinks/road biking or climbing at Earth Treks.

In.

depending on when and where. i am down for drinking, pending the ability to drag my kids to a brewery....

Quote Originally Posted by Dobish View Post
    depending on when and where. i am down for drinking, pending the ability to drag my kids to a brewery....
    You should all be aware that dobish sucks though.

Speaking of sucking, I have a hops allergy and can't drink beer. I can drink liquor, cider, wine or anything else that doesn't have hops

What do you guys think about Bottles and Barrels on either Sat or Sun afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    You should all be aware that dobish sucks though.
    its good to be back

I live in Lakewood by Green Mountain. Close enough =)

This lack of snow sucks. Kids are giving me shit about it daily.

Been looking at the golden area for a move within the next couple or so years, it just looks like the most absolutely sick town in a perfect location in my opinion. Been comparing it to Boulder, SLC, and the Springs. Think golden wins all of them out though so far. Also seems like a lot of awesome people out there, at least that's the impression from this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Zennan View Post
    Been looking at the golden area for a move within the next couple or so years, it just looks like the most absolutely sick town in a perfect location in my opinion. Been comparing it to Boulder, SLC, and the Springs. Think golden wins all of them out though so far. Also seems like a lot of awesome people out there, at least that's the impression from this thread!
    I have been thoroughly enjoying Golden since moving in back in October. Made friends with my next door neighbors, which has opened up a bit of a social scene.

Wish I had moved to Golden earlier. It's a great town.

We really need to get a Golden maggot meetup going. I know I dropped the ball on that a couple times. I'm on the road in Europe for the next 10 days, and then may be home for a couple weeks in a row.