Volkl Two Mount Recommendations

Bought some blowout 196 Volkl Two's from Ski Essentials. Looking for input on mount point. Probably going to go in the line. I know they are a freestyle oriented ski but I don't plan on riding switch. Just looking for something a little different from the rest of the quiver.

Thoughts?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I own the 186 cm. Rec'd line is -10 cm from true center on that length, and I went 2 cm forward from there (-8cm from true center). I like mine there, but I think if I were starting over I'd just mount on the line. I have had a bit of tip dive when skiing > 18" of new snow on my Twos.

Such a fun ski though. Can charge hard through the cut up stuff and hold a surf turn down the fall line in new snow without losing speed. I liked them so much I sold my 186 Renegades and use the Twos as my resort soft snow ski. They may not have quite the frictionless feel that the Rens do in pow, but for me the bigger fore-aft balance sweet spot of the Twos more than make up for that.

Bandit, please write back once you have some mileage on em. Such a decent looking ski for so cheap right now. It's hard not to buy two or three quivers with all the cheap skis circulating.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Bandit, please write back once you have some mileage on em. Such a decent looking ski for so cheap right now. It's hard not to buy two or three quivers with all the cheap skis circulating.
    Absolutely! I have such an insanely bloated quiver right now, but the cost of entry is so cheap, who can resist?

Bought some 185cms two used this past fall; after lots of moving bindings back and forth, i settled on a plus 1 position and bent more rocker into the tip/shovel.

In factory form, skis felt planky and threw me in backseat with all mount points from minus 1 to plus 3 (adjustable mount point bindings) The subtle tip to tail reverse camber with flat section underfoot just didn't have enough tip splay and the rocker contact point was too far forward for a tip to tail balanced feel in true deep pow conditions, imo.

Eyeballed then shaped in a rocker line about 12-14 inches back from the tip (haven't measured). Over the years of experimentation with modding other skis bending various rocker shapes into other skis, I've noticed that pulling back the rocker splay line in the shovels often alleviates a 'throws me into the back seat' feel of skis...even ones with existing tip rocker...that's for me anyways, YRMV.

With the custom tip rocker mod, skis now feel very balanced tip to tail and float like dream boats. Super loose/slarvy and fun in all soft snow pow i've skied. Had a few days on true bulletproof refrozen train tracks and truck ruts doing workout laps on a logging road. They were okay but a bit chattery on steeps. Did some aggressive detuning of full length of edges and cured that ailment. Skied some deep coastal wet crap chop and groomers and these puppies slayed it all with lots of stability and damping.

Stoked on the 2. They're heavy on paper but ski surprisingly lighter than their 2600gram per ski wegiht would suggest. I'm doing full day tours on em and really don't notice their mass while striding along..thought the toll is noticeable incrementally as long days wear on. The long sidecut radius and flat section underfoot make em track really well for uphilling in variable snow and steep sidehilling. With the extra tip rocker, great float for breaking trail.
    Master of mediocrity.

^^ Interesting that you thought that they didn’t have enough tip rocker. I found that a little speed solved that problem easily.

Agree that they are one of the most slarvey skis I have been on.

I prefer the Shiros since they are a tad stiffer and a lot better for me when the pow gets tracked out, so I sold my Two’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    ^^ Interesting that you thought that they didn’t have enough tip rocker. I found that a little speed solved that problem easily.
    The thing is i like techy billygoat skiing as well as the big radius maching stuff.

The extra flip at the tip i bent totally changes the low speed handling to allow the skis to pivot basically under the balls of your feet. Game changer and absolutely did nothing in the way of negative to affect all other skiing/snow scenarios. In fact, they feel a bit better balanced for maching through the deep chop than in stock form, as i mentioned in my mini review down below.
    Master of mediocrity.

My 186's are on the line and I love them there. I only ski one direction. Awesome ski.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025