Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Head Monster 108

Any one skied the Head Monster 108? Could you compare it to other skis in the class?

Bump. Anyone been on this ski?

Only the 98 so I'll say nothing.

You've seen the what blister has on it (the deep dive is for members only but the review posted Apr 6 is a good overview)? http://blistergearreview.com/tag/head-monster-108

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post

You've seen the what blister has on it (the deep dive is for members only but the review posted Apr 6 is a good overview)? http://blistergearreview.com/tag/head-monster-108
    I've read over the blister review a bunch, and got a general feel of the ski. I was just looking for someone who's either heavier, or more aggressive, and has skied it.

The conclusion is that it's the burliest ski in its respective category. At a time when the industry is going full feather weight, with too much rocker, the HEAD Monster has come to the rescue.

Head Monster 108

Holy shit is this ski burly! I just flexed the 191 for the first time. Its super heavy, almost full camber, full length sidecut, at 27.6 meters, 144-110-129. Measures only 188.8cm, but this ski is by far the burliest ive ever handled. By far.

If HEAD makes the monster 98 in 191cm, without having to special order that size, count me in.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 10-13-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Hey Sizzler

Would you mind giving us some info on the 98, please?

Anyone have a feel for this vs the Head Collective 105? Got a cart at STP full of shit right now....

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anyone have a feel for this vs the Head Collective 105? Got a cart at STP full of shit right now....
    Collective is skiable by mere mortals and those who don't weight 200+lbs.

I'm stalking the 177 so maybe I'll have a fighting chance

These skis are so friggen good

One pair inbound, thinking it'll be the mid day EC crud machine

Just demoed the 2018 in 184. I was blown away by this ski. Conditions were firm with wind blown/buff on top. Generally not the conditions you would expect a 108+ underfoot ski to do well in. It was my favorite ski of the demo. Super DAMP and stable, yet also very easy to turn. Makes me wonder what a 188 would ski like. The 191 seems a bit much for resort, but the 184 is sold out.

The Head rep said that the 2018 is slightly softer and has a touch of rocker in the tail. Overall killer ski for someone looking for a very traditional charger ski. I would guess it sucks in powder for its size tho.

Anyone ski both the Monster 98 and 108??

Did one of you pick up the 184 demo from Powder 7?

Just picked up a pair of '16 184 Monster 98. Holy heck are they burly!

I was tempted by the 108, but was trying to avoid too much 110'ish overlap. Even the 98s weigh a friqn ton, but I will only be booting and ridge hiking with them, definitely not touring.

They'll get a good workout next week, and I'm hoping to report back with a glowing initial review. Or maybe they'll just kick my sorry arse...

Head Monster 108

Just picked up the 108 in 184 length. F-in stokel

How many versions are there of this ski- does anyone know? Mine is '17 per receipt but looks a little different than my bros pair (I think- this is getting pretty jongy) but neither look like the new lighter green version. Mine is still black / gray / green.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-15-2017 at 12:55 PM.

I don't know if I'd call it more friendly. Both versions are damn near identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Just picked up a pair of '16 184 Monster 98. Holy heck are they burly!

I was tempted by the 108, but was trying to avoid too much 110'ish overlap. Even the 98s weigh a friqn ton, but I will only be booting and ridge hiking with them, definitely not touring.

They'll get a good workout next week, and I'm hoping to report back with a glowing initial review. Or maybe they'll just kick my sorry arse...
    Get ready for a workout!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Head Monster 108

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it more friendly. Both versions are damn near identical.
    Noted. Any clues on the versions count?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Noted. Any clues on the versions count?
    On this general topic, I always appreciated that the guys at 4FRNT would keep a PDF version of each year's catalog on their website as an archive. You know, for maniacs like us

There are 2 versions.

As Lindahl stated the '18's are very very maringally different than the '17's. So those are the two versions (16, 17 = same and new 18 very slight more tip rocker)

The '16 is identical to the '17 except the graphics which, although very similar and same color, differ slightly. 18's got totally new graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    Get ready for a workout!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Skiing them as we speak. So damp, smooth, stable, fast. Surprisingly easy to ski, too.
    So far, so stoked.

There are 2 versions.

As Lindahl stated the '18's are very very maringally different than the '17's. So those are the two versions (16, 17 = same and new 18 very slight more tip rocker)

The '16 is identical to the '17 except the graphics which, although very similar and same color, differ slightly. 18's got totally new graphic.

That explains it- my brother's pair and my pair are very slightly different looking when you take a close look. From afar they look the basically the same. Feels like the same ski. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Skiing them as we speak. So damp, smooth, stable, fast. Surprisingly easy to ski, too.
    So far, so stoked.
    Put down your phone and watch where you're going! You could start an international incident if you hit a niño. We don't need that kind of thing right now.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Put down your phone and watch where you're going! You could start an international incident if you hit a niño. We don't need that kind of thing right now.
    No children or possums were hurt in the process. I did take a fair few decent spills myself, but live to tell the tale. There was much laughter, and all at my expense.