Thread: Dps wailer 106?

Dps wailer 106?

What's the story in this one? That is all.

Sounds like the 105 just went faaaat

Don't think it's that. No flat tail and a few other things different.

Quote Originally Posted by vailcat View Post
    What's the story in this one? That is all.
    http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...s-wailer-f-106

I skied it at snowbird q couple of weeks ago. I weigh 155 pounds and I absolutely loved that ski. GS turns on all surfaces. The grip felt endless. First DPS that I really like, Foundation lay-up works for me.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Always fun to bump a years-old thread. Anyone skiing these? Just picked up a pair of 185s and wondering mount point. Blister suggests -1 or -2. I usually go the opposite. Mounting with 75mm 22 D Axls. 75% resort 25% backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Always fun to bump a years-old thread. Anyone skiing these? Just picked up a pair of 185s and wondering mount point. Blister suggests -1 or -2. I usually go the opposite. Mounting with 75mm 22 D Axls. 75% resort 25% backcountry.
    Wife picked up a pair. She mounted on the line. That line eyeballed looked the same as her Wailer 112 mounted +3.

I have a 178 Wailer 106 in Alchemist in plastic. I need another pair of skis like i need a hole in the head. Thinking of selling them

Dps wailer 106?

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    I rolled -1 on the foundation lay-up after fiddling with the demo binders and skied them a season. It’s a nice versatile ski, does well in soft chop. One knock would be its top end. Does your pair have much camber? Mine were almost flat UF but have seen another pair with traditional camber.

Mine are essentially flat. Have Monster 98s when I need bigger top end. Need something softer and that move easy in trees and bumps. Hoping these fit.

And thanks. Will try -1.

I skied the alchemist 189 version on -1 and regretted mounting it there. I think it skis better on the line.

Just picked these up nearly new in the Pure3 layup with Vipecs for a song. They've been mounted once for a boot smaller than mine, my guess, around +1.

I'm going to have to remount, my question is do I just remount the heel and basically go on the line at -0.5 or remount everything at -1 or more?

These will be shorter for me at 178 then any BC ski I've had, currently on 186 Huascarans. I love my Huascarans and prior to that the 188 bamboo sidewall wailer 105s I had, although there were times I didnt think it would be horrible to size down.

However, since it was a screaming deal with the bindings I figured I'd give it a go since I don't think I'd mind a shorter ski as these will be 100% for touring and my only setup. Also these definitely have a bit of camber.
    Last edited by Soups; 02-25-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Dps wailer 106?

I went -1.5 due to hole conflicts. They ski well, but took a few days to get used to. Though rocker at 185cm is definitely too short for me.