Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2651
    2013 cayennes are going for only 30k and seem to have reliability, performance and good awd. If I get a decent warranty would you go for it ? I was leaning 4runner but it’s not like
    I’m off-roading and they are way overpriced and boring to drive

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So we’re skipping right past the Suby ownership experience?
    Could work. I don’t remember him saying head gaskets and transmission longevity were priorities.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    2013 cayennes are going for only 30k and seem to have reliability, performance and good awd. If I get a decent warranty would you go for it ? I was leaning 4runner but it’s not like
    I’m off-roading and they are way overpriced and boring to drive

I bought a 2016 S and so far really like driving the Pig. Read the Rennlist forums and see what you think. Cost of ownership will be more than a Toyota, but it is a totally different car.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Found a 2010 Subaru Impreza for $3500. 153K on the clock. Manual transmission. Nothing special, but appears to be in decent shape and a fair price. Anything I should be aware of on those?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Found a 2010 Subaru Impreza for $3500. 153K on the clock. Manual transmission. Nothing special, but appears to be in decent shape and a fair price. Anything I should be aware of on those?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hoo boy. I have zero clue on those. Hehe. Care to elaborate?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

It's his go to meme

Likely that Subaru needs an engine rebuild. Not that difficult or expensive honestly ... if you have a lift and a machinist

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It's his go to meme

Likely that Subaru needs an engine rebuild. Not that difficult or expensive honestly ... if you have a lift and a machinist
    Geez. Are they really that short lived? Yikes. Guess I'll take a look and see what the story is.

Geez. Are they really that short lived? Yikes. Guess I'll take a look and see what the story is.
    https://www.cashcarsbuyer.com/subaru...sket-problems/

Relevant info: "In 2010, the problems affected the Subaru Forester and Impreza. By 2011, the Subaru Impreza was the only model that experienced head gasket problems."

I mean... if you *plan* on having the good ol' head gasket issue, those older Subarus aren't too bad. As long as you can live with the oil leaks and the replacing of axles fairly regularly.

150 is a lot but not unbearable on a Subaru 2.5. If it hasn't overheated or been run too low on oil it should be ok. I had 186 on my 97 with the 2.5 and 4spd auto and it was all sortsa other stuff that convinced me to move it on, the engine and tranny were the most reliable parts of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    150 is a lot but not unbearable on a Subaru 2.5. If it hasn't overheated or been run too low on oil it should be ok. I had 186 on my 97 with the 2.5 and 4spd auto and it was all sortsa other stuff that convinced me to move it on, the engine and tranny were the most reliable parts of the car.
    We still have our '97 with 205K miles - it doesn't get driven much, but it sure doesn't owe us anything. Think it's going to go up to the college middle-kid in Montana so I can get my friggin' CX-5 back.

We had the head gasket issue around 150K IIRC, and it was about $1500 to pull the motor, have the gaskets replaced, all the oil seals replaced (cam, main, etc.), and a new clutch. This was all awhile ago...

And as I mentioned, we have replaced axles a number of times, and currently it needs a power steering pump (leaking) and some new rotors (not sure front or rear or both).

We still have our '97 with 205K miles - it doesn't get driven much, but it sure doesn't owe us anything. Think it's going to go up to the college middle-kid in Montana so I can get my friggin' CX-5 back.

We had the head gasket issue around 150K IIRC, and it was about $1500 to pull the motor, have the gaskets replaced, all the oil seals replaced (cam, main, etc.), and a new clutch. This was all awhile ago...

And as I mentioned, we have replaced axles a number of times, and currently it needs a power steering pump (leaking) and some new rotors (not sure front or rear or both).
    Ah. So your opinion is definitely well founded. I'll DEFINITELY take that into account when it comes to negotiation IF I decide I even want it. Thanks for the intel.

Ah. So your opinion is definitely well founded. I'll DEFINITELY take that into account when it comes to negotiation IF I decide I even want it. Thanks for the intel.
    Just learn how to R/R an AT from a 01-05 XC70/s60/s80 in your garage. $500-1500 Volvo's available all day long with bad trannies, just source a junkyard one for $500 and you'll be set for a few years then repeat. I thought for a hot second I could do one on a Saab convertible I had with a bad transmission but reality of my skill(lack of) level shook some sense into me. I actually went out and bought a used cherry picker thinking it was a full go before wising up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The progression from unknown steering/alignment issue to needing a new car is completely reasonable.
    So we’re skipping right past the Suby ownership experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Could work. I don’t remember him saying head gaskets and transmission longevity were priorities.

Well that didn’t take long.
    I still call it The Jake.

Well that didn’t take long.
    You realize the first three quotes are not related to quote four, right? First three are in response to my Highlander posts. Number four is Austin deciding he wants to check out a suby. Number five is an appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You realize the first three quotes are not related to quote four, right? First three are in response to my Highlander posts. Number four is Austin deciding he wants to check out a suby. Number five is an appropriate response.
    Well aware. More to the point that it won't be long before someone comes around looking for a piece of that used Suby experience, true to the TRG form as the points above were referencing, and low and behold, a page later there we have it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hahahaha. So I guess I shouldn't frame it what would be better, but rather what questionable old car would be WORSE? A 2010 Impreza w/ 153K or a 2005 Mini Cooper S w/ 138K. Both MTs. I know I'm asking for it with either of these cars, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Looking for dirt cheap, reasonably efficient, and at least reliable enough to hopefully make it like a year before dumping it and moving on to the next bad idea.

Hahahaha. So I guess I shouldn't frame it what would be better, but rather what questionable old car would be WORSE? A 2010 Impreza w/ 153K or a 2005 Mini Cooper S w/ 138K. Both MTs. I know I'm asking for it with either of these cars, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Looking for dirt cheap, reasonably efficient, and at least reliable enough to hopefully make it like a year before dumping it and moving on to the next bad idea.
    Well if those are your choices, go Subaru. Just plan to do the HG, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Is that a BMW-era Cooper? I don't know when Bayerische took over...

Even if it's prior, not sure I'd recommend it over the Subaru. Those Impreza's were, at least, pretty "simple"...

I couldn't imagine living in Montucky's head.

I search for car/trucks all day and I don't buy them for the same reason he considers actually buying them. It's hilarious.

The only cheap cars on the market now are basket cases. Only way to get a good cheap car is through a dealer auction or a friend unloading one and doesn't care to deal with the public or dealers. You can't even import a cheap car from overseas due to shipping costs blowing up.

100% this ^^^

I couldn't imagine living in Montucky's head.

I search for car/trucks all day and I don't buy them for the same reason he considers actually buying them. It's hilarious.

The only cheap cars on the market now are basket cases. Only way to get a good cheap car is through a dealer auction or a friend unloading one and doesn't care to deal with the public or dealers. You can't even import a cheap car from overseas due to shipping costs blowing up.
    Lol. You know the last car I dealt with was my basket case geriatric Audi A4, right? Ain't my first rodeo. That's also why I refuse to overpay for said POS's.

Get a new car and drive it for 10 years with no issues. Stop fucking with bitches with baggage.

<snip>
    The only cheap cars on the market now are basket cases. Only way to get a good cheap car is through a dealer auction or a friend unloading one
    QFT

QFT
    Indeed. FML

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app