Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2651
    First time seeing that particular front end and hood cover on the GMC. Cool.

Watching the Tahoe on BAT. Looks like a pretty nice build.

4WD too. I would've figured they used a Tahoe SS.

The 2 Door Tahoe Sport was my high school love.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Trying to make a deal on this, or a couple of others like it. '05 Turbo S. ~50k miles. Will know more Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Trying to make a deal on this, or a couple of others like it. '05 Turbo S. ~50k miles. Will know more Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    sees first two pics, "cool truck"

sees third pic,

Attachment 238418
    I predicted a little strange when I saw the tires haha

2008 volvo XC70 w 2.5t, yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Huh. I thought the '08 only came with the 3.2 NA straight 6. At least in the states. '09 saw the introduction of the "T6" which was a turbo 3.0 I-6.

Sure you're not looking at an '07 since I believe the 2.5T ran in the previous generation XC70.

I sold my 10 year old Volvo (V50 AWD 2.5T with a six speed...who wants to touch me) as it just kept nickle and diming me to death, if a nickel is in reference to a 500 dollar repair, and a dime 1000. Almost all of that money went under the hood. Great car though when it was running well, sold it to a mag even, but I wanted to start a business and was getting killed on the savings front.

So take that for what its worth.
    Live Free or Die

Guy has it listed as ‘08 w that engine, going to look at it today

Depends on the price. Factor in a grand a year or so fixing assorted crap. Whether it needs timing belt or other pricy service still. Assuming you get it checked out mechanical, check engine supports for needed replacement and awd functionality. I liked ours, but at a certain point I felt like it was one expensive repair after another. The upside was we got a really high payout on it when someone crashed into it that ended up making it a good purchase even with all the repairs.

In the last 2 years my wife and I ran a 2007 XC70 from 88K to 108K. Nothing but routine maintenance. So much nicer than an Outback or Highlander that would cost the same. But if something goes wrong it costs more to fix than a Japanese or American car, and is probably more sensitive to being well cared for over time.

Austin is correct on the 2.5T. I'd take that engine over the 6 cylinder based on what trusted Volvo mechanics have told me (note that the N/A V6 is gone from the current Volvo lineup and the T5 is back). The 6 cylinder in the 2008 gains 30hp over the 2007, but that model also gains a few hundred lbs and gas mileage is slightly worse. Newer version has a better interior though and the ride is a bit better on shitty roads IIRC.

Speaking of trusted Volvo mechanics, I wouldn't by a Volvo without access to a good one. I've a had a couple issues that turned out not to be issues and were quickly resolved because my mechanic knew what was up. Shuddering on acceleration? Just ice on my wheels. And they can be sensitive to OEM vs. aftermarket parts and fluids. To me it is worth the hassle to deal their "personality" because 10 year old Volvos tend cost less than similar 10 year old Japanese cars, balancing the likely higher maintenance costs, and the interiors hold up a lot better.

^the equivalent of a well placed house fire.

I’ve been spending a grand a year keeping my Astro van running so that part I’m used to.

Thx

AC compressor in my '06 Xterra is toast, $1500 repair. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    AC compressor in my '06 Xterra is toast, $1500 repair. Ugh.
    DIY, dood. A/C work is easy.

Take it to a shop to recover the refrigerant, then:

Compressor is $200 on rockauto. Manifold gauge set $75. Vacuum pump $50. Couple cans of r134 $20. Receiver/drier $10. PAG oil $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    DIY, dood. A/C work is easy.

Take it to a shop to recover the refrigerant, then:

Compressor is $200 on rockauto. Manifold gauge set $75. Vacuum pump $50. Couple cans of r134 $20. Receiver/drier $10. PAG oil $5.
    What about flushing the system? The way BobMc's right hand man was explaining it, there's relatively high potential for debris in the system which can kill the new compressor if not flushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Huh. I thought the '08 only came with the 3.2 NA straight 6. At least in the states. '09 saw the introduction of the "T6" which was a turbo 3.0 I-6.

Sure you're not looking at an '07 since I believe the 2.5T ran in the previous generation XC70.
    It has the 3.2, his ad was wrong. He’s got a buyer who’s working on a loan so wouldn’t let me drive it. I usually don’t do business with the road side dealers who get cars from auction but I’m kind of in a jam for wheels

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ...and the interiors hold up a lot better.
    Quite true. Our XC70's 10 years old now and there is narry a rattle or a squeek. The interior build quality seems to be second to none. That said....

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I sold my 10 year old Volvo (V50 AWD 2.5T with a six speed...who wants to touch me) as it just kept nickle and diming me to death, if a nickel is in reference to a 500 dollar repair, and a dime 1000. Almost all of that money went under the hood. Great car though when it was running well, sold it to a mag even, but I wanted to start a business and was getting killed on the savings front.

So take that for what its worth.
    This is what we're starting to see. Lots of random plastic parts wearing out mostly. Replaced a couple coil packs and just threw in a new battery, and lots of random bulbs. No biggie on those, though. I'm starting to get nervous, but man the car just keeps running so well!

Hopefully if I can keep up with the nickle and diming with all the little dealer only parts, we can keep the car going for a long while. We're stuck in one of those tough positions where it's getting annoying, but there's no way we could afford a newer car anywhere near as nice as this one with as little as it's worth with the high mileage. Car's been outstanding, but I have a feeling that the vehicle's going to start falling apart around the engine at some point soon. While I would HIGHLY recommend a Volvo, I'm not sure I'd want to go any older than the 10 year mark.

Also agree about making sure you have a good Volvo mechanic who knows all of their foibles. Reputable Euro shops can cost some $$$ but they'll also save you just a much by knowing what's important, what's not, and all the funny little tricks about your model.

It has the 3.2, his ad was wrong. He’s got a buyer who’s working on a loan so wouldn’t let me drive it. I usually don’t do business with the road side dealers who get cars from auction but I’m kind of in a jam for wheels
    I'd walk away all together if it was an auction car. One reason is that the '08 like mine is NOTORIOUS for transmission issues which would cost more to fix than the darn cars are worth. They're likely not a problem though if the previous owner(s) was religious about maintenance but would be tough to tell with a wholesale auction car. Speaking of which, I'm due for another transmission fluid change!

The XC70 can be a great car, but they do need to be pretty well serviced and I'd want to know the history of it. While we did buy ours from a dealer, it was a trade-in where the salesman knew the previous owners well (salesman happened to have a V70), and referred us to the fantastic Euro shop they used. We called the shop and they were like "Yup. We've known that car its whole life and have all the service records right here." Had been perfectly maintained before we acquired it which made us feel good about the purchase. Continued to get it serviced at the same shop too. Nothing but Motul oil, baby! No wonder that engine runs so silky smooth at over 150,000 miles. Engine still runs cleeeeeean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What about flushing the system? The way BobMc's right hand man was explaining it, there's relatively high potential for debris in the system which can kill the new compressor if not flushed out.
    In my admittedly limited understanding, the passages in the condenser unit are too small in modern cars for a flush to do really anything, where in the past it was more common (and successful).

If the compressor failed while straining against a clogged condenser just downstream, then the condenser should be replaced, too. If the failure is of another sort, like the clutch or bearing, then the stock condenser is probably ok to reuse.

I'd just replace it anyway for good measure. They cost like $75.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    In my admittedly limited understanding, the passages in the condenser unit are too small in modern cars for a flush to do really anything, where in the past it was more common (and successful).

If the compressor failed while straining against a clogged condenser just downstream, then the condenser should be replaced, too. If the failure is of another sort, like the clutch or bearing, then the stock condenser is probably ok to reuse.

I'd just replace it anyway for good measure. They cost like $75.
    I'll look into it. I wasn't planning to get it fixed until August when we have a road trip, so I have some time.

I'd walk away all together if it was an auction car.
    Yup, not a fan of the auction car

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    ������������
    Ended up skipping the old Turbo S. Just bought a MTM Stage 1 Audi TT RS. Picking it up shortly.

Anyone want a lightly used '16 Golf R? 42,000 miles. Make me an offer.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Anyone want a lightly used '16 Golf R? 42,000 miles. Make me an offer.
    Uh, yes! Willing to trade it for my very used '08 XC70?

Uh, yes! Willing to trade it for my very used '08 XC70?
    Totally - will only charge you $500 to dispose of your XC, plus $33k for the golf. Comes with two sets of wheels and a thule basket rack!
    Hugh Conway sucks

Yup, not a fan of the auction car
    Depends on the auction. All factory lease returns are sold through manufacturer auction. If it is private party auction then, yes, avoid.