Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2651

Someone should give him a Hummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Re: Pilots.

Have you heard of James Piotrowski?
    Op might be gearing up to run for a seat on his HOA

Good stuff. Citation? I took my drivers test in a Phoenix (same shit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Have you added up the total money spent on your LR and compared that to the cost of something nicer upfront?
    Actually yeah, at about $6500 total it's not bad compared to so much that's out there that isn't nearly as nice but at 15 years old and 150k things go wrong. I think that age could take anything out similarly, rubber and plastics just age out eventually and in just about every brand things like modules, solenoids and plugs are giving up. I see the same stories and hassles all over probably because the manufacturers use parts from the same suppliers so it's more a matter of what you like a lot of the time. That's why we dug deeper than usual for my wife's new car, to hopefully get away from the age problem. Unfortunately, mine decided to have a really expensive tantrum a few minutes after we committed so I'm left figuring out how to go forward as cheaply as possible
    Last edited by gravitylover; 01-09-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Shoot the hostage.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Here's a fun project for an aspiring Piloteer:

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/ma...430476474.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Good stuff. Citation? I took my drivers test in a Phoenix (same shit).

Actually yeah, at about $6500 total it's not bad compared to so much that's out there that isn't nearly as nice but at 15 years old and 150k things go wrong. I think that age could take anything out similarly, rubber and plastics just age out eventually and in just about every brand things like modules, solenoids and plugs are giving up. I see the same stories and hassles all over probably because the manufacturers use parts from the same suppliers so it's more a matter of what you like a lot of the time. That's why we dug deeper than usual for my wife's new car, to hopefully get away from the age problem. Unfortunately, mine decided to have a really expensive tantrum a few minutes after we committed so I'm left figuring out how to go forward as cheaply as possible
    Tell yourself what you gotta tell yourself, I’d love a Land Rover if it wasn’t for stories like these.

Then I look at my 19 year old Lexus GX has needed 300 bucks for a radiator and 200 for a spring conversion over the past 6 years and almost 80k miles and think, no I would not love a Land Rover.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Here's a fun project for an aspiring Piloteer:

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/ma...430476474.html
    Too upright.
    I still call it The Jake.

Too upright.
    But it's been tossed upside down. I think it is a contender.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    But it's been tossed upside down. I think it is a contender.
    I think it needs another 100K and to be on fire.

Buying a 10+ year old car what could go wrong?

Any recommendations for a weather resistant, breathable car cover for 2001 Audi TT roadster? OEM cover no longer in production and mine is getting to be in pretty rough shape. Best option I’ve found is at Weathertech but it’ll be close to $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Any recommendations for a weather resistant, breathable car cover for 2001 Audi TT roadster? OEM cover no longer in production and mine is getting to be in pretty rough shape. Best option I’ve found is at Weathertech but it’ll be close to $500.
    https://www.carcovers.com/covers/car...-roadster.html

dad has one for his ‘09. Says it works well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How stupid am I am to buy a 2012 Forester with 128k on it. Timing chain not belt if that matters.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Other than it's a Forester and will suck all the enjoyment of driving from your soul, I'm not sure.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Other than it's a Forester and will suck all the enjoyment of driving from your soul, I'm not sure.
    Fair point but the 8 month old, 4 year old and 100 lb Lab have already done that.

Something fun for how much I want to spend doesn’t exist in a reliable format unfortunately.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Q: What does a 100 hundred pound lab eat?
    A: Same as any other lab, anything it wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Q: What does a 100 hundred pound lab eat?
    A: Subaru Forester interior
    Too soon?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Fair point but the 8 month old, 4 year old and 100 lb Lab have already done that.

Something fun for how much I want to spend doesn’t exist in a reliable format unfortunately.
    Ok fair enough.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Too soon?
    I mean he's not even two years old what's the worse that could happen?

Formerly Rludes025

As soon as your 8 month old is 4, or you have a third, you’re going to want something bigger than a Forester. I went Volvo V50 > XC70 > XC90 > Lexus LX470 in the span of probably four years. Kids are 8, 5, and 3 now and need their space. Plus the 80 lb lab.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    As soon as your 8 month old is 4, or you have a third, you’re going to want something bigger than a Forester. I went Volvo V50 > XC70 > XC90 > Lexus LX470 in the span of probably four years. Kids are 8, 5, and 3 now and need their space. Plus the 80 lb lab.
    We got a 2016 AWD Sienna with only 40k on it so good with bigger already when we need it. I also have a 2010 Tundra but dumb dumb in the small cab when it’s cold is a liability. I need a truck but the MPG is shitty and the stupid small tank gets old for a DD.

I sold a RAV4 and made some money this spring but now am feeling stupid looking at the market wanting to get back in. Fuck

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Damn dude. Fertility costs $!

How stupid am I am to buy a 2012 Forester with 128k on it. Timing chain not belt if that matters.
    We have a '12 Forester and it's not bad other than being surprisingly boring. It has been super reliable for the 68k miles it has on it so far other than a few niggling things. It eats front brake pads and rotors though so expect to spend some time replacing them regularly. Did I say it's boring?

So, i need to find some cars to drive. Mercedes e class was boring as fuck. Nice, but i know in 6 months I'd be wondering what I was doing in this boring nice thing. Audi, too heavy up front. Bmw, shit reliability. Cadillac CTS v sport is looking promising. Need to find some to drive. Want the magnetic suspension and TT v6. 420hp, rwd, supposedly the best most engaging car of the bunch. Cars in consideration, Merc e550, Audi s6, bmw 550i, Cadillac cts v sport, Cadillac cts v. Cts v would be badass, but expensive, and older (2009-2011). Max budget $30k. A nice vsport could be had for low 20s. CTS v would be closer to 30k, but manual :-)

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Matt Farah on vsport...
    Seems he likes it.
    https://youtu.be/nChmsnXyr3A

Road and track on vsport
    https://youtu.be/0U-ZhyH468Q

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.