Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2651
    Almost 5k miles straight skeeeeetin Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	895.4 KB 
ID:	238694
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Almost 5k miles straight skeeeeetin

5.5 liter amg.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Almost 5k miles straight skeeeeetin

5.5 liter amg.
    Ohh ... you got Divx? Da fuck?!?

That's a nice set of wheels.. You have a type

I should be getting the jag f type end of July.. Moving too Vegas..
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Ended up skipping the old Turbo S. Just bought a MTM Stage 1 Audi TT RS. Picking it up shortly.

Anyone want a lightly used '16 Golf R? 42,000 miles. Make me an offer.

plus $33k for the golf. Comes with two sets of wheels and a thule basket rack!
    Not a bad price with the extras. 124 of them out there with a avg price of 32. You've got a little higher than avg miles.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Sorry for the slow update... Picked up the car Tuesday AM and actually got to put about 300 miles on it basically right away, but not really recreationally. Didn't even finish working out the phone/mmi hookup until Thursday. Anyway - neat car... But funny how it worked out.

Two Sundays ago, I was sitting on my couch that night, licking my wounds after another Turbo S deal had fallen through. It blows my mind how many of those cars are floating around with no documentation whatsoever... I was thinking about what other cars I might consider, and the TT RS came to mind again. I'd thought of this a number of times, but had never seen one I was interested in. But searching that night, there were two in the area. One that looked super clean, and another that looked like it might have been a theft recovery, but with a really interesting description, and a one owner clean carfax.

Monday AM I called on the clean car. Basically stock, middle of the market, very good shape. Missed by about 15 minutes. For the second car - while the description was good, the pics were horrendous, and it looked like it was being sold out of a dealer/scrap yard. After getting skunked on the first car, I convinced myself to call, but even that was about an inch from not working out when I finally got the guy on the phone. Pretty unprofessional demeanor, but immediately obvious car nut and Audi expert. When I told him I was interested in his TTRS, he goes, "oh, yeah.. it's a good one."

To cut to the chase - a well known local rich dude purchased this car back in 2012... After driving it a little for a few years, he decided he wanted to learn to drive it for real, and proceeded to hire the guy I met to set it up for him as his gentleman-racer. That mostly included an MTM stage 1 tune and Brembo brakes. From there, it was flatbedded around for a season of touring road course school. Must be tough... Road course school ends,the car comes back, and the dude seems to decide that he wants paddles for the track, and he doesn't want to take the brakes apart and put this back on the street, so he puts it up for sale... But only in the sense that he tells his mechanic to sell it. As far as I can tell, that was sometime over the winter.

After seeing and driving the car, this was a no brainer for me. Sure, it's not a 911, but it is a fun ride, and I absolutely stole it from this guy. And it's actually great up by my house... It's low, but the approach and departure angles are pretty forgiving. The magnetic suspension... How does it work?! Pretty fucking amazing that a car can be generally pretty tidy, and still effortlessly soak up washboard dirt road - and then push a button and it stays dead flat through 100mph sweepers. And at 410hp, 405 fp it's legitimately fast. 1st is super short, so 60 is still almost 4 seconds, but 40-100 happens in the blink of a fucking eye. It would all happen so much faster still if the gear box on this (and all of them apparently) wasn't a disaster. I can't imagine what Audi was thinking. I have bushings coming in, but it doesn't seem like anything can help these synchros. Bypass pipes are on the way also - although it already sounds so good. But you know.. more=better. Will help drown out these brakes! Spacers too... The front wheels clear the calipers by a space that is uncomfortably small to look at... a slightly wider track wouldn't hurt anyway. I don't know how long I'll keep it, but at least through this coming winter. Anyway - here are a few pics...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0104.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	239327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0099.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	239329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0082.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	239330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0096.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	239331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0093.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	239332
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0100.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	239328  
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 06-19-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Are the brakes loud?

Id take that over a 996Ts every time.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Sweet ride. I think the TTRS is an underrated beast.

Not 10 years old but the time is near for me. Been lurking on Hellcat forums and it seems lease numbers on 18 Charger Hellcats are in the high 600s for 36 months. I also think that is 15k a year. I only need 5k (10k prob the minimum. It was for Maserati). 0 down. 65% residual.

675 or so a month for 707hp is pretty good math.

Anyone need a 6 year old Titan with 72k miles?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 8.54.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	510.6 KB 
ID:	239338
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Are the brakes loud?
    WHAT?

Luckily, the car came with a whole stock room full of spare shit... Including the entire stock brake assembly, and every flavor of pad you can stick in these Brembos. Right now, I'm tolerating the noise in favor of feeling like a pilot landing on an aircraft carrier every time I stand on the middle pedal. It'll rip your face off bro!
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    That's a nice set of wheels.. You have a type

I should be getting the jag f type end of July.. Moving too Vegas..
    Just saw this. Get the f-type. So sick.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I thought delco bought an f-type roadster earlier this year?
    Delco - what up? I know I've been seriously out of touch here... was super bummed for you when you ditched the Porsche and then the bitch split on you. An F-Type would do you right. If you're in Vegas, let me know - we should meet up near the Grand Canyon and put some miles on the cars. Maybe a little maggot mini road trip? Might be fun...
    Hugh Conway sucks

Delco - what up? I know I've been seriously out of touch here... was super bummed for you when you ditched the Porsche and then the bitch split on you. An F-Type would do you right. If you're in Vegas, let me know - we should meet up near the Grand Canyon and put some miles on the cars. Maybe a little maggot mini road trip? Might be fun...
    Dude. 100% down for that. Sounds like a blast!

So yes..I drive out to Vegas around 8/4 from N.Y. In my Acadia Denali with the pup.

Got a rockstar gig at a private practice in town.
    Enough bennies to grab an F type R awd. I'm looking at 2016s (certified hopefully). I thought about leasing a new one tough.

I have some listings saved, but I can't buy until I'm ready to recieve and register..So I should have it by end of August!

I did for the matter of conversation, consider the ttrs, Camaro zr1, stingray, mb e550 cab or c63 amg, s5 cab v8, 718 boxster s...

But that jag tho

How's them apples?

Moving to Vegas in August...
    Planning on buying black car... which is also a convertible.

Winning!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Winning!
    That was my test drive rental!! I'm going white or gray.. Black is 3rd choice probably haha..but overall.. Yeahhmannn!

There's no fucking way you're getting me to go to Vegas in August.. Maybe November? Whatever month roughly approximates the middle of summer st 10k' in CO. For reference, I think it's 52 outside as I type this. But teh global warminz notwithstanding, I'm in for sure!
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Winning!
    There are so many dont’ts in that statement. Take it from a local.

There's no fucking way you're getting me to go to Vegas in August.. Maybe November? Whatever month roughly approximates the middle of summer st 10k' in CO. For reference, I think it's 52 outside as I type this. But teh global warminz notwithstanding, I'm in for sure!
    Haha..then yeah nov or march sounds like the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Powder View Post
    There are so many dont’ts in that statement. Take it from a local.
    Well. Guess what? Don't have a choice on the time. Do have a choice on my car color, and otherwise, it's my money! But, having said that, if you want to impart wisdom to me as a local, please do, bc I could always use that guidance

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    You're missing the point.

Get those bennys

Make that paper

Play on playa play on

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Well. Guess what? Don't have a choice on the time. Do have a choice on my car color, and otherwise, it's my money! But, having said that, if you want to impart wisdom to me as a local, please do, bc I could always use that guidance
    This is how you rule Vegas. Not in a Jaaaag.

But all I can hear is jezzer in my head saying that.. I'm hoping it'll get better when I get one..

I should get the 60s batmobile? Ehhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

This is how you rule Vegas. Not in a Jaaaag.

Yes. That's got Vegas written all over it.

Let's just say I pick up an 2005 911 Carrera in a stick with 50k mi. on it. How well will this hold its value?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Let's just say I pick up an 2005 911 Carrera in a stick with 50k mi. on it. How well will this hold its value?
    Get a good one, and I'd say you're buying at the right time, if not a little late. When I say "a good one", I mean this one:

The market's already been climbing steadily for a few months. These cars are about to go off. Especially the manual... Everyone wants a manual now, and the old tiptronic is a slushbox compared to a modern DCA.
    Hugh Conway sucks