Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2651
    Lexus GS F-Sport? That would be worth looking into.

Even the Infiniti Q50.

Unless you have something against Japanese cars.

Lexus ISF
    Live Free or Die

I'm a hudge fan of the GS but the F-Sport isn't going to given basin what he wants and the F is out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    So, i need to find some cars to drive. Mercedes e class was boring as fuck. Nice, but i know in 6 months I'd be wondering what I was doing in this boring nice thing. Audi, too heavy up front. Bmw, shit reliability. Cadillac CTS v sport is looking promising. Need to find some to drive. Want the magnetic suspension and TT v6. 420hp, rwd, supposedly the best most engaging car of the bunch. Cars in consideration, Merc e550, Audi s6, bmw 550i, Cadillac cts v sport, Cadillac cts v. Cts v would be badass, but expensive, and older (2009-2011). Max budget $30k. A nice vsport could be had for low 20s. CTS v would be closer to 30k, but manual :-)

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I loved driving the CTS-V and have let my love known previously, to some ire. You can find a bunch under 30k with around 75k-90k on the clock.

Why not a c63 AMG instead of the e550?

An AMG and a Sonata would be a baller combo.

Re: your list. BMW's N63 engine, skip it. It's a hot, oil burning mess.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ideal for launching onto frozen lakes too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Speaking of. We should see some measurable progress this week...we'll check back in on Mon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glsea_cur.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	400842

Yeah, AMG c63 is sharp looking, but seems to have serious engine issues related to valve lifters and cam life. Deal breaker. The older e5t with the older m113 engine is supposedly much more robust, but the handling on the car is suppose to be ho hum, and there are legit issues with the electronic braking design and air suspension etc... So, pass.
    Cts-v, the want is strong, i would have to look at 09 and up, as they have a beefed up rear end that solves the tire job issue that leads to broken diffs. Manual CTS v under 100k and 09+ is a contender, but then I think, i want newer, lower miles, and this will be a commuter. The vsport has the mag ride suspension that is supposed to be amazing (like CTS v). And when I search for common issue, they mainly talk about the screen, which i can easily upgrade to a newer design.
    And a CTS vsport with tune will get to 490hp. The aisin 8spd trans is supposed to be good as well...
    The Cadillacs (v and v sport) sound like more reliable cars than any of the Germans. And the CTS is said to have the most engaging chassis of all the midsize sedans in the sub 30k range. And engaging chassis is consideration #2 behind general reliability. Clearly I can fix shit, but i want a car that doesn't need to be fixed regularly.

sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    So, i need to find some cars to drive. Mercedes e class was boring as fuck. Nice, but i know in 6 months I'd be wondering what I was doing in this boring nice thing. Audi, too heavy up front. Bmw, shit reliability. Cadillac CTS v sport is looking promising. Need to find some to drive. Want the magnetic suspension and TT v6. 420hp, rwd, supposedly the best most engaging car of the bunch. Cars in consideration, Merc e550, Audi s6, bmw 550i, Cadillac cts v sport, Cadillac cts v. Cts v would be badass, but expensive, and older (2009-2011). Max budget $30k. A nice vsport could be had for low 20s. CTS v would be closer to 30k, but manual :-)

Panamera?

Buying a 10+ year old car what could go wrong?

E-class with airmatic is a very good handling car. You cant think Mercedes would be much different than BMW or Audi in handling and a Mercedes V8 is legend. They pull hard and sound great too

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Speaking of. We should see some measurable progress this week...we'll check back in on Mon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glsea_cur.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	400842
    Saw on the news the first big ice floe of the season to take away ice fishers and their shantys broke free around Green Bay so it can’t be long now until we start seeing the Sonatas piling up out there.

Is that a clock? And it's the same size as the tach?

PS für pünktliche!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Is that a clock? And it's the same size as the tach?

PS für pünktliche!
    The analog clock in Benz has always been a a feature

It's a couple pixels now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The analog clock in Benz has always been a a feature
    You can time your 0-60 runs.

Just get a 911 with the Sport Chrono package if you’re gonna start timing things.

Or a Dodge Challenger. My 2012 had a 0-60 and 1/4 mile timer on the screen. It seemed kinda silly on the base V6 model but it was neat so I used it.

Some people just gotta live that quarter mile life.

People, I need help

Wife’s ‘02 Land Rover wouldn’t start again yesterday (another electrical problem) while I was skiing, and she’s come to the conclusion that isn’t dependable. Which is what I told her when we bought it almost new 20 years ago…

She’s put 50k on it in 20 years - don’t see that increasing - she drives it to work 4 days a week (5 miles round trip) plus the occasional trip to “town” which is 20 miles away.

Given the little amount she drives a new vehicle makes zero sense. Thinking about something with ~100-150k on it for something like $15k

Requirements
    1. AWD or 4wd - it snows a lot here - normal ground clearance is fine though
    2. No more than 185” long (to get into garage)
    3. Auto transmission
    4. Dependable and can be worked on by a small town independent shop - it’s currently 25 miles to the only shop in the area that can service Land Rovers (at exorbitant prices) is no fun.

Boring is fine - I drive an outback

Candidates at this point
    1. Subie Impreza - 2014 or after
    2. Volvo XC60 - not 2010 or 2015
    3. Toyota RAV4 - stupid expensive compared to the other two

Ideas or comments?

I'm not up on all the plug-in hybrid options but if you could find one with AWD that works for the budget that sounds like an ideal use case.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    People, I need help

Wife’s ‘02 Land Rover wouldn’t start again yesterday (another electrical problem) while I was skiing, and she’s come to the conclusion that isn’t dependable. Which is what I told her when we bought it almost new 20 years ago…

She’s put 50k on it in 20 years - don’t see that increasing - she drives it to work 4 days a week (5 miles round trip) plus the occasional trip to “town” which is 20 miles away.

Given the little amount she drives a new vehicle makes zero sense. Thinking about something with ~100-150k on it for something like $15k

Requirements
    1. AWD or 4wd - it snows a lot here - normal ground clearance is fine though
    2. No more than 185” long (to get into garage)
    3. Auto transmission
    4. Dependable and can be worked on by a small town independent shop - it’s currently 25 miles to the only shop in the area that can service Land Rovers (at exorbitant prices) is no fun.

Boring is fine - I drive an outback

Candidates at this point
    1. Subie Impreza - 2014 or after
    2. Volvo XC60 - not 2010 or 2015
    3. Toyota RAV4 - stupid expensive compared to the other two

Ideas or comments?
    Lexus gx470

For $15k you can get a really nice XC60 with about 100k or a little less especially if you don't need a T6 (turbo engine) but I'm curious why not a '10 or '15? Is it first model year problems that you want to stay away from? At this age (for either of them) you'd hope those bugs had been worked out by previous owners. I see some great deals on 10's and am seriously thinking I could end up in one soon, compared to so many other things they are sort of reasonably priced and quite a bit nicer. Rav 4s are stupidly priced right now.

I'd go Highlander over Rav4. Assuming it fits. The first gen's aren't very long, about the same as a current Rav. I have an '07 with 206k km and the things just keeps on going. Bought it used 3.5 years ago. The 2nd, 3rd Gens are bigger, but should also be more refined.

CRV?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Wifey had a 2013 XC60 T6 and it was legit the most dependable car we've ever had which was very surprising as we've had lots of Volvos over the years so we know what's involved with owning them. Not one hiccup in over 4 years (bought with 30K on the clock and sold at 120k) and she is not easy on cars. Awesome seats for her tushy and actually fun to drive with 300 hp. Great grocery getter.