Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Ha ha... hadn't even noticed that. That must be from UAE, in the pre-bugatti era.

I think I picked the wrong car... the STi fanbois won't go near it, no matter how many go-fast stickers and fins they have glued to their cars... I'm going to have write up a sign saying I promise to start in 4th gear or something...
    If anyone wanted to engage, it would be absolutely down to driver skill assuming no mods. And frankly, most racers will have a stage or 3 under the hood. Those cars are virtually identical. Same curb weight, the difference between just over (STi) and just under (R) 300 horse, turbo, 2.5 liter (STi) and 2 liter (R) with the STi having a better 0-60, both in manual.

Regardless, you need a Calvin peeing on a suby sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    If anyone wanted to engage, it would be absolutely down to driver skill assuming no mods. And frankly, most racers will have a stage or 3 under the hood. Those cars are virtually identical. Same curb weight, the difference between just over (STi) and just under (R) 300 horse, turbo, 2.5 liter (STi) and 2 liter (R) with the STi having a better 0-60, both in manual.

Regardless, you need a Calvin peeing on a suby sticker.
    I know! The only thing the Golf has over the STi is about twice the power band. But I still figured I'd have an STi trying to climb up my rear end all day. Thus far, only two have tried to hang, and both got their doors blown off. Subaru makes a good car, but nothing can make up for driving like a 17 year old wearing untied high tops and a backwards baseball hat.

Still waiting to run into an RS at some point. Also researching whether anyone's figured out how to make the Golf test negative for ECU mods after being flashed back to stock. I'd rather not wait another 34k miles to do the apr stage 1 programming, but I'm not giving up the factory warranty to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

If it means anything. Notorious recluse Bill Watterson deplores the Calvin pissing stickers.
    I still call it The Jake.

Still waiting to run into an RS at some point.
    Now that would be tough to walk away from. I've yet to see one in the wild. I'd also guess that anyone willing to part with 45k for a Ford actually understands that car and can drive it. Most of the STi folks have simply watched too many gymkhana videos.

Unless you meant an Audi RS

Most of the tests I've seen show the R, despite being -60 hp and - the super fancy awd, being unbelievably close to the RS. Would be fun. The part people haven't seen coming (including me) is just how goddamn sweet the mk7 chassis is.

Haven't seen an RS on the road though (haven't seen any other mk7 R's either), and as long as Ford dealers in the area are asking $65k for them, I probably won't for a while...
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Buying a 10+ year old car what could go wrong?

For a thread about 10+ year old cars, this thread is hilariously off the rails.

On the one hand: we have an East Coast guido with hair plugs who bought a 3-year old Porsche with a salvage title and Honda wheels, posts photos of himself wearing scrubs so you know he is a dog groomer.

Then on the other hand: we have yet another East Coast guido, although this one relocated to CO and does not have hair plugs. Despite being middle aged, he just bought a brand new VW hatchback. In gray.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Well played sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Honda wheels,
    OEM/Factory wheels. Carrera Classics.

I prefer the Sport Techno which is also the lightest wheel Porsche makes, for the regular sports cars.

Here is an old car. It's my daily driver in FL. 184k miles.

Check out them tires homie, bigger than the tires on your truck!

Last edited by Beer Drinker; 08-19-2016 at 04:51 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

On the one hand: we have an East Coast guido with hair plugs who bought a 3-year old Porsche with a salvage title and Honda wheels, posts photos of himself wearing scrubs so you know he is a dog groomer.

Then on the other hand: we have yet another East Coast guido, although this one relocated to CO and does not have hair plugs. Despite being middle aged, he just bought a brand new VW hatchback. In gray.
    Not a guido... WASP. Don't scuff the Cole Haans mother fucker!

Totally gotta cop to middle age though. Might even be a crisis. Just lost 40 lbs this summer too. It's a weird time. Too old to be young, but too young to get old. I ain't dead yet! I'd let myself get fat, and the choice came down to doing something about it, or bringing my chips up to the cashier and waddling over to the buffet. Just so happens (ha ha) that my 40th birthday is just over the horizon. I'd had a sports car in the plans for this year for ages... So mid-life crisis? Yeah, I guess so. Gotta own that shit. Life's better at 168 and nearly 40, than at 38 and nearly 210. I think I'll go for a drive.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Get yer checkbooks out. Some of the 10+ yr old cars up for auction this w/e.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo-...-auctions-2016
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I won't have a problem cashing a second party, out of state paycheck will I?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I won't have a problem cashing a second party, out of state paycheck will I?

No problem.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Not a guido... WASP. Don't scuff the Cole Haans mother fucker!

Totally gotta cop to middle age though. Might even be a crisis. Just lost 40 lbs this summer too. It's a weird time. Too old to be young, but too young to get old. I ain't dead yet! I'd let myself get fat, and the choice came down to doing something about it, or bringing my chips up to the cashier and waddling over to the buffet. Just so happens (ha ha) that my 40th birthday is just over the horizon. I'd had a sports car in the plans for this year for ages... So mid-life crisis? Yeah, I guess so. Gotta own that shit. Life's better at 168 and nearly 40, than at 38 and nearly 210. I think I'll go for a drive.
    I'm 27 ..by a month..don't know what any of that says about me!

Funny though.. Stfu and I are clearly making the best of things

I'm too balding/receding hairline to have hair plugs! I like my hair.. Mcdreamy, bitches. Also I like dogs, but like not most. And hate other pets.. So.. I dunno. I laughed out loud. Cheers to stfu andand his weight loss. Awesome, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I called about the 31 bug bid and the guy on the other end of the line pretended not to know who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I called about the 31 bug bid and the guy on the other end of the line pretended not to know who I am.
    Yeah, I had questions about that too. Like what is exactly involved in this "engine reconditioning" they mention. Can a home mechanic tackle this? I'd like to know before bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I'm 27 ..by a month..don't know what any of that says about me!

Funny though.. Stfu and I are clearly making the best of things

I'm too balding/receding hairline to have hair plugs! I like my hair.. Mcdreamy, bitches. Also I like dogs, but like not most. And hate other pets.. So.. I dunno. I laughed out loud. Cheers to stfu andand his weight loss. Awesome, brother!
    Thanks! I wish I could say that losing 20% of my body weight has been more revolutionary than it actually is. But that shit didn't belong there to begin with and getting back to normal feels pretty normal. I'm sure the car is way more neutral through corners for not dragging the extra 40 #s.. lol.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Thanks! I wish I could say that losing 20% of my body weight has been more revolutionary than it actually is. But that shit didn't belong there to begin with and getting back to normal feels pretty normal. I'm sure the car is way more neutral through corners for not dragging the extra 40 #s.. lol.
    Hahaha. Good points

Brilliant. Well done.

Dog Groomer... classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'll take both Porsches. Think they'll give a package discount?
    I still call it The Jake.

One sexy Toyota.

Have Randolf or Mortimer wire me over 20 mill.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Most of the tests I've seen show the R, despite being -60 hp and - the super fancy awd, being unbelievably close to the RS. Would be fun. The part people haven't seen coming (including me) is just how goddamn sweet the mk7 chassis is.

Haven't seen an RS on the road though (haven't seen any other mk7 R's either), and as long as Ford dealers in the area are asking $65k for them, I probably won't for a while...
    And I think they've shut the factory down (not sure if its just for the 3 week german holidays or for the year) so there will be no more '16 RS's. They'll be '17's when the line starts again.

I think I read an article where the RS was slower than an auto VW in a straight line but was the better track car...

Good fucking grief. The car market has gone nuts. I guess the gov't ZIRP policy is working.
    https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-24...90-bmw-m3-e30/

I was wasting time browsing thru some of those auction links and came across this. I sold mine for $19K back in 1998. If this sells for $60-80K I'll puke. It was an ok car but I wouldn't pay the estimate.

I saw a late 80's T/A with t-tops and a thunderchicken on the hood rack up a 75K bid on Mecum and I recall thinking when riding in a friend of mine's back in college what a piece of crap it was. It still has to be.

Good fucking grief. The car market has gone nuts.
    It's full on nuts!

High end exotic cars have quite a bit of private equity money chasing them for the last few years as an alternative investment. All that money has causes the whole "collector car" market to go bat shit crazy. I have a feeling that this shit will implode with a bunch of 65 year old former head bangers' retirements with 80's era cars under water.

I got to watch this happen in the guitar market in the early 00's. The simple economic theory about increasing scarcity making up for fluctuations in demand drove the prices on certain guitars to 8-9x their normal value. The market crashed hard. A few examples of a few guitars held on to some portion of their inflation, but the folks who had purchased "investments" got out fast and lost a boat load of money. I fully expect I'll buy a good air cooled awd 911 for <$40k one day. Might even be a 993. This shit can't last forever.
    Hugh Conway sucks