Page 97 of 107 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2651
    I sold a perfectly good 2014 CX5 to buy a 1994 Toyota that will continue to need little projects to keep it mint. Don't do what I do unless you like spending money and getting grumpy for the sake of nostalgia. Sometimes it's worth it because it's dope to drive and look at but often it is a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Get a new car and drive it for 10 years with no issues. Stop fucking with bitches with baggage.
    Have you seen the games going on with new cars these days? I recently tried going the route of a new '22 Civic (great car) but gave the dealer the middle finger as they tried the whole "market adjustment" thing on me. Bastards...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

That dealership crap sucks. Go to a place that gives the Costco discount.

Lol just tried it and even with Costco discount they can add the market adjustment. Stupid

This. And if you don't have a Costco membership... get one just for this. We bought our F150 new in 2014 through the Costco program. It was easy and, unlike most auto-buying experiences, didn't feel like we were getting the shaft. Still have the truck - 135K miles later... probably keep it another 100K or more, depending on how it ages.

Lol just tried it and even with Costco discount they can add the market adjustment. Stupid
    YUP!!!! Good advice a few years. Now I get this notice on their website:

Quote Originally Posted by Costco
    Please note: Many dealers have limited vehicle inventory due to the current global microchip shortage. Costco Auto Program is monitoring the situation and working with our dealer partners to deliver in-market savings for Costco members. It is especially important that you discuss current vehicle availability with your Approved Dealer when you schedule your appointment.
    Lots of people online reporting that dealers are not at all honoring the previously negotiated "Member Pricing," and then even when going through the whole process, when it comes to signing the dealers try sneaking in that goddam "market adjustment" crap.

Trust me. Car shopping sucks bad right now. Whether new, used, or basket case POS. It's why I just want to go as cheap as possible so I can hopefully kick the can of getting the car I really want down the road until things get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We bought our F150 new in 2014 through the Costco program.
    Yeah. Good for you. Now go try doing that in 2022 and report back.

Seriously considering just stealing a car when I need my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. Good for you. Now go try doing that in 2022 and report back.
    Our local Ford dealer (and Costco affiliate) has a shitload of F-series in their lot. Seems to be the only thing they have. You'll have to go with white, though, 'cause that appears to be the only color they have.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Our local Ford dealer (and Costco affiliate) has a shitload of F-series in their lot. Seems to be the only thing they have. You'll have to go with white, though, 'cause that appears to be the only color they have.

You in the market for a fleet truck? I'm not.

Even private sales are doing market adjustments

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d...438068126.html

Yeah it is the worst time to buy a new car

I just saw a minty fresh 78 Ford Fiesta Sport for $5600. This would be perfect for you MF. 4spd, lightweight, zippy good fun that will go anywhere in almost any conditions and get you 35mpg. I had a 79 and it got 45+ on the highway. That teeny little 2 barrel progressive Weber is plenty effective on the baby 1.6ltr motor.

You in the market for a fleet truck? I'm not.
    You are one picky motherfucker.

Buying a 10+ year old car what could go wrong?

I recently test drove a 170k 2007 Land Cruiser with suspension/wheel/bumper mods here in CO. Seller wanted $28K, I offered $28.5K, he sold it to someone else for $30K. Needed $1,500 in timing belt work. Nuts.

Just spotted a very low mile original owner '08 Focus SES with a MT. Only 64K on it! Now it's far from my dream car but does fit the bill for cheap, economical and would likely be far more reliable than anything else I've looked at. Guy of course is asking too much (prolly cuz the low miles) and it's loaded. Never exactly seen a Focus of that vintage with leather seats before. Still crack price IMO, but I shot the dude an offer based on well, it's all I can afford. We've been getting by with one car actually just fine for some time now, but I am hopefully landing a new job soon Lord willing and it requires tons of travel so I need some wheels stat. Wish me luck!!!

Dude if you need to do big miles suck it up and get a new Chevy Spark for about 16k. Big miles means you'll be in somewhat remote spots and when (not if) something age related bites you in the ass... Well, you know the story.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Dude if you need to do big miles suck it up and get a new Chevy Spark for about 16k. Big miles means you'll be in somewhat remote spots and when (not if) something age related bites you in the ass... Well, you know the story.
    No way. If I'm going POS econobox, it's cash only or nothing. I (hopefully) just need something to get me by temporarily really because apparently they might provide a company vehicle and they're bragging about how they're electrifying their fleet with brand new cars. So if that happens, I don't wanna be stuck with financing on a freaking Spark. Company's also giving big cash bonuses if you buy an EV. God, I hope I get this job. Haha. Then soon I can graduate from geriatric POS cars!!! My how the mighty have fallen. Been a rough couple of years. Haha. I went from having cool cars I loved to barely even being able to afford something you'd get for a high schooler. Especially as used vehicle prices keep outpacing how much I can squirrel away for something dammit! 2022's gonna be comeback year, though. I can feel it!

Anybody else miss the 90s/00's when you could pick up a wide variety of great, gently used cars for CHEAP?!

Not really because in those years there were hardly any reliable turbo AWD cars. Then came the WRX in 2002 and it's been great ever since.

Good luck on the Focus! It's a decent beater.

Maybe more for the econobox shitcan thread, but MF, have you looked for Kia Fortes of that vintage?

We got one as a rental when we flew into Palm Springs a few years ago and knew we weren't going to be driving much at all so said give us the cheap crapcan. Thing was actually really fun to hoon around like the rental it was and the styling was much more attractive than other shitboxes Hertz had.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Maybe more for the econobox shitcan thread, but MF, have you looked for Kia Fortes of that vintage?

We got one as a rental when we flew into Palm Springs a few years ago and knew we weren't going to be driving much at all so said give us the cheap crapcan. Thing was actually really fun to hoon around like the rental it was and the styling was much more attractive than other shitboxes Hertz had.
    I have! Not a bad car. Just refuse to get one in an automatic and that's been every old used one I've encountered so far. Also maybe it's more typical of owners for the cheapest car category, but most have been utterly beat to shit too. Definitely on my radar though if I ever find a clean, lowish mile example. Actually new as well if/when that time ever comes. I checked out a new Forte GT 6MT at a lot couple months back and it's a heckuva lot of car for the money. About 200 horses, great interior, and most of them come in manual flavor. I was being picky tho since dealer only had last years models, weren't in the color I wanted, and weren't gonna budge on their inflated prices. NOPE. Great contender for anyone looking for a nice compact/mid-sized sedan, though!

Late November I scored a 2015 BMW 328i x-drive Gran Tourismo with 96k. Under $19k w/3 year/36k warranty. A little plasticy inside compared to my last couple older Benzes, but drives like a dream. They only made this hatchback for a few years as a 3-series, it's 8" longer and 3" taller than the sedan. Sport mode rips.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I have! Not a bad car. Just refuse to get one in an automatic and that's been every old used one I've encountered so far. Also maybe it's more typical of owners for the cheapest car category, but most have been utterly beat to shit too. Definitely on my radar though if I ever find a clean, lowish mile example. Actually new as well if/when that time ever comes. I checked out a new Forte GT 6MT at a lot couple months back and it's a heckuva lot of car for the money. About 200 horses, great interior, and most of them come in manual flavor. I was being picky tho since dealer only had last years models, weren't in the color I wanted, and weren't gonna budge on their inflated prices. NOPE. Great contender for anyone looking for a nice compact/mid-sized sedan, though!
    Have you thought about a older MB E320 ? They can be had pretty cheap, easy to work on and parts are readily available since they sold a billion of them around the world.

If you're going to consider an older MB, might as well shoot DigitalDeath a PM as I'm guessing the AMG isn't getting much use these days.
    I still call it The Jake.

<snip> Just refuse to get one in an automatic
    Jeezus, dude - you're REALLY hamstringing yourself here considering you're just looking for a cheap shitbox.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If you're going to consider an older MB, might as well shoot DigitalDeath a PM as I'm guessing the AMG isn't getting much use these days.
    His mom's bumpin' around in it hitting all the local retirement centers looking for her next sugar daddy offering well boiled steaks served on glass platters.

She seems like a nice lady whenever she swings by the forum.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang