Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2651
    I have to believe the self-removing paint was a factory option.

It could have benefitted from a Maaco, or Earl Scheib, spa treatment.

He got rid of it before it could rust to pieces before him, and stayed in the Ford family of vehicles. Got a new Exploder, which was an accurate nickname for it since it ate its transmission on Ford's dime, wheel bearings like they were chicklets and the paint on the roof faded away in a few years' time.

I lost track of him, but I wonder if he got himself another Ford after that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Automatic Exfoliating Coating. It's a feature not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    sounds like it already had been Maaco'd
    Right? That is fucked up
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Saw this and it reminded me of this thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C670B6BD-E3C9-41B9-A4F6-6FC095DB442C.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	404670

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I dunno. Seems steep for an AT and that many miles AND having to fly up to get it. Thanks for looking out, though.

Had a moment of feeling some vindication this morning. '05 Subaru Outback I saw posted a few weeks back that the guy was asking WAY too much for considering it had 200K on it and wasn't anything special. Just saw it reposted this AM with a picture of it on a flatbed tow truck. "Engine lost oil pressure and locked up will not start." Dropped the price to $1200 but even that's too much for a busted up 17 year old Outback with a probably blown motor. Still. Felt good to see that updated listing.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I dunno. Seems steep for an AT and that many miles AND having to fly up to get it. Thanks for looking out, though.
    It’s a manual bub

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    It’s a manual bub
    On one of the pictures of the interior (since removed from the listing), it clearly showed a shifter for an automatic. I see that all the time on listings online. ESPECIALLY from dealers. Description states its a manual, but pictures are clearly of an auto. Now maybe this guy used a pic from a different car but maybe that's a red flag too. Either way, that pic's gone now.

On one of the pictures of the interior (since removed from the listing), it clearly showed a shifter for an automatic. I see that all the time on listings online. ESPECIALLY from dealers. Description states its a manual, but pictures are clearly of an auto. Now maybe this guy used a pic from a different car but maybe that's a red flag too. Either way, that pic's gone now.
    Gotcha. Well since it’s probably an AT and it’s in CT, maybe bun bun will drive it down for you. Lol

Had a moment of feeling some vindication this morning. '05 Subaru Outback I saw posted a few weeks back that the guy was asking WAY too much for considering it had 200K on it and wasn't anything special. Just saw it reposted this AM with a picture of it on a flatbed tow truck. "Engine lost oil pressure and locked up will not start." Dropped the price to $1200 but even that's too much for a busted up 17 year old Outback with a probably blown motor. Still. Felt good to see that updated listing.
    HEAD GASKET!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    HEAD GASKET!!
    I feel like MF might have gotten cheated out of a quintessential TRG car ownership experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I feel like MF might have gotten cheated out of a quintessential TRG car ownership experience here.
    Haha. Only then will my life be complete. However, I think I'd have WAY more fun having my geriatric Subaru die by overboosting it to oblivion than a head gasket calling it quits in the middle of nowhere.

HEAD GASKET!!
    Ha! I had a feeling that mofo was being unreasonable to begin with. Now I KNOW he was. Dick was trying to dump his car before this happened, and at top dollar. DENIED!!! Gave me some sick satisfaction to see his old beater never did sell. Muahaha

Maybe the used car market's a tad less insane than I thought. It's just that people are expecting crazy high numbers for old POS's, but maybe aren't getting what they think they will. Good to recognize.

The pictures I saw originally clearly showed a manual with a clutch but those three pics are gone now. Oh well. No the market isn't really getting better, the bottom of the barrel garbage is what's left now. Anything decent gets snapped up immediately, in private sales so they're not getting traded in and going to auction to show up on used car lots. My dads lease is up, he doesn't like the car and wants to trade it in but he's being told to expect to go at least a few months until they can get him a replacement because they're sold out for that long. He's going to end up buying it even though he doesn't want it so there's another car that won't enter the market for a while. The thing is between him being retired, not in the greatest health, and lack of moving around due to covid it's a three year old car with less than 10k so buying it out is the smartest thing he could do then sell it in a year or two for more than he has into it because it will still be around 15k miles at ~5 years old.

Bad omen for me. My 05 Outback is at 204k, leaking head gasket for the last 5yrs and 12k+... Just need a few moar months of daily driving!!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Bad omen for me. My 05 Outback is at 204k, leaking head gasket for the last 5yrs and 12k+... Just need a few moar months of daily driving!!
    Just keep a sharp eye on the engine temp. If it moves above what is "normal" for your regular driving, DO NOT CONTINUE DRIVING.

Name:	Image1644553873.270905.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	405402
    Black 10 year old
    Silver 20 year old wagon
    Long live inline 6s!

I've always had a soft spot for the 1 series.

That 135 was a total hoot to drive. Enthusiasts realized what it was the day it debuted and they all got quickly scooped up.

Saw this and it reminded me of this thread

Name:	C670B6BD-E3C9-41B9-A4F6-6FC095DB442C.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	404670
    Shit that meme is even 10 years out of date.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Just keep a sharp eye on the engine temp. If it moves above what is "normal" for your regular driving, DO NOT CONTINUE DRIVING.
    Yeah, it mostly drives the mellow 5mi roundtrip from home to work or home to store/skiing. That's been the last five years and it has never overheated. Once a month or two, I run down valley on the highway and the temp will kick up above normal if I'm coming upvalley in the summer at 70mph. Same if I drive up the pass or something steep, but that's really really rare.

That 135 was a total hoot to drive. Enthusiasts realized what it was the day it debuted and they all got quickly scooped up.
    My Dad drives a tricked out 135i and it is an absolute blast of a car. Unpretentious, unassuming, and stupid fun. Hard not to have a grin on your face when you drive it, too. 0-60 in something like 3.8? Fast for something that looks like a Corolla.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Yeah, it mostly drives the mellow 5mi roundtrip from home to work or home to store/skiing. That's been the last five years and it has never overheated. Once a month or two, I run down valley on the highway and the temp will kick up above normal if I'm coming upvalley in the summer at 70mph. Same if I drive up the pass or something steep, but that's really really rare.
    Prolly not going to disturb you considering the car doesn’t have a long future anyhow but shot head gaskets in that car are likely to poison your catalytic converters and O2 sensors.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Prolly not going to disturb you considering the car doesn’t have a long future anyhow but shot head gaskets in that car are likely to poison your catalytic converters and O2 sensors.
    So is driving it such a short distance. There's no time for the catalyst to heat up.