Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2651

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Interesting. But the 5.4 M113 is generally considered bombproof, with most headaches coming in other areas of the automobile. How does the V12 compare? I'm all ears.
    2008 was last year of the regular V12. After that it's all AMG above the SL550. It's just things like brake rotors and maintenance parts cost so much more with AMG . One thing I would absolutely get is ABC Active Body Control, It's a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    My wife drives a '15 s63
    Nice car. I have an 08 S550 fully loaded and gf's 12 S550 (no ABC). Both have been great cars. Brakes with rotors and tires for $2000 at the Indy. I prefer the 18 inch rims too.

Anyone checking the $10,000 vehicle market lately?
    Sapp mentioned Hertz liquidating stock, anyone snap up something there?
    Not sure I’d wanna buy a rental but if they’re just giving them away.
    Would rather buy a truck local from a yuppie that didn’t use it as a truck, didn’t smoke tobacco, didn’t wear perfume, and didn’t have kids or a dog.

Homeboy says he’s giving his 944 away
    https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...190068059.html

I like 944s. Good reliable cars. Fun to drive. Not very fast unless you have a turbo model... Like me. Then they can be great sleepers. Everyone in a 996 thinks they can take you... And they can not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200615_203708.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	339076

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Turbo 911 takes turbo 944, but at a cost

Yes. But the 89 944 turbo vs 89 911 turbo, the 911 was slightly faster in a straight line, but the 944t dusted it around the racetrack or on a twisty road.
    There is an automobile magazine article from 89 floating around that does the comparo.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I recently drove a friend's mid 80's 944 Turbo. Once you're into the boost its surprisingly fast.

Super well balanced too, the rear end kicked out when he was driving and it was easily controlled.

Yeah, I had a 944 race car for a while, and the controllability, and ability to drive it very close to the edge is fantastic. Thanks to the front engine rear transaxle design. Has a high moment of inertia. When it starts to break loose, it does so slowly, and is easy to bring back into line. Fun cars to drive. The turbo is a bit of a drag in city driving, but on the twisties when you can keep it on boost coming out of the turns, it's fast and fun, and forgiving.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I am thinking of buying a 2017 Sienna, as I want a surf van. It is impossible to find an awd one on the west coast for less than an arm and a leg, so I am thinking FWD is fine, as I will use the V70R to drive to Mammoth in storms. I like the Sienna as I know I can take the center seats out easily. Anyone know if that is also the case with the Honda MV also.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am thinking of buying a 2017 Sienna, as I want a surf van. It is impossible to find an awd one on the west coast for less than an arm and a leg, so I am thinking FWD is fine, as I will use the V70R to drive to Mammoth in storms. I like the Sienna as I know I can take the center seats out easily. Anyone know if that is also the case with the Honda MV also.
    Buddy of mine gutted his Honda minivan and built it out... complete with hardwood floors.

Built a bed and pull out drawers and many other little things... he is using it for a surf van... it will be in California on various beaches in the next month.

He loves it and said everything was super easy to work with on the interior as well as the engine... he did head gaskets and timing himself via you tube.

Edit: so I suppose the seats came out easily but he tossed them so... no clue if they go back in easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Buddy of mine gutted his Honda minivan and built it out... complete with hardwood floors.

Built a bed and pull out drawers and many other little things... he is using it for a surf van... it will be in California on various beaches in the next month.

He loves it and said everything was super easy to work with on the interior as well as the engine... he did head gaskets and timing himself via you tube.

Edit: so I suppose the seats came out easily but he tossed them so... no clue if they go back in easily...
    Any photos ? I have an Odyssey that I often think about converting but I'm awful at designing things.

What year Odyssey? W/ my 2005 they come in & out super easy. I do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I was considering this commander. Some horrible reviews but a surprising number of very good reviews. All of the good reviews had the hemi.
    If the mpg was as published not really that bad, some people said it was worse though.

Name:	7C7A3E7C-C1C2-4962-8A8D-35A22996580A.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	339382

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Any photos ? I have an Odyssey that I often think about converting but I'm awful at designing things.
    I can get some... it’s a 2005.. like someone else mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    What year Odyssey? W/ my 2005 they come in & out super easy. I do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Just watched a few videos and it looks like the Odessy seats can come out easy if you have the right model. For sure on an EX and higher, LX maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I was considering this commander. Some horrible reviews but a surprising number of very good reviews. All of the good reviews had the hemi.
    If the mpg was as published not really that bad, some people said it was worse though.

Name:	7C7A3E7C-C1C2-4962-8A8D-35A22996580A.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	339382
    Those are pieces of shit. The body was too big for the frame and underlying components if I recall. Pass. The grand cherokees are ok if you want it to be a jeep thing. Otherwise, pick a higher mileage toyota and be happier.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

^^ And they drive like shit too.

Don't. And 10 G's for an 11 year old Commander is a TERRIBLE deal.

Old coworker had one. Guy was like 6 foot 8" and the Commander was one of the few vehicles that had enough head room for him. Other than that he HATED it. It wasn't even that old at the time and that interior was falling apart (typical cheap Chrysler) and the mpg was freaking terrible even though he drove like 99% highway. He also blew through a transmission but it was still under warranty back then.

Either way, stay far away. And again, ten freaking grand?! That guy's smoking crack. IF I were to get one, I'd pay maybe a couple grand and treat it as a disposable vehicle. Then it could (possibly) be worth it.

He claims he sold it for full price. Not sure if real.
    Also, comparable 4Runner or Lexus is about 5 grand more.

He claims he sold it for full price. Not sure if real.
    Also, comparable 4Runner or Lexus is about 5 grand more.
    You get what you pay for there
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just watched a few videos and it looks like the Odessy seats can come out easy if you have the right model. For sure on an EX and higher, LX maybe not.
    All the seat config are the same in Odysseys, only exception is the middle seat option for the middle row but that thing also just comes out. The third row folds into the trunk cavity. I have seen videos where people pull them out with a few fasteners being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    You get what you pay for there
    Possibly. A lot of the reason the commander got canceled was it was too similar to grand Cherokee. They mainly only invented to have a third row vehicle. But the extra size is nice for long camping trips, the 4wd system is pretty advanced. Auto lockers in 4low. And the 5.7 is a pretty common and reliable engine. A lot of the bad press came with the two smaller engines that weren’t big enough to move it around and not as tested.

Just posting for the conversation, not that interested in buying one. But the used car market sucks right now for sure. Running out of options and time. Would like to upgrade my truck, but they are even more in demand, so I figured I’d see the options on upgrading the suv instead. Whatever I buy will probably get banged up and dented, so that factors in my equations.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    All the seat config are the same in Odysseys, only exception is the middle seat option for the middle row but that thing also just comes out. The third row folds into the trunk cavity. I have seen videos where people pull them out with a few fasteners being removed.
    That's what I thought. We generally leave one seat in the middle, and if we take more folks, pull up one of the back seats. It's a covered pickup truck, really.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda