Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lacrosse 2016

So much for Denver

They played sloppy and so unlike the machine that is Tierneys game. Tierney has to be pissed that his guys basically abandoned his game plan.

Cuse having trouble with Albany here.

Navy a big surprise earlier.

big comeback by Syracuse, game's still on ESPNU right now kids. Tied near the end of the 3rd.

Syracuse wins!!!!

Wait I hate Syracuse.

Cuuuuse!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Cuuuuse!

Championship game coming on here in a few minutes. Fuck Carolina, let's go Terps!

ESPN2 @1:00 EDT

Carolina got their win over UMD yesterday. Time for the Terps to get off their 41year schneid, especially since they went to the finals 3 of the last 5 years and lost every time.

LET'S GO TERPS!

8-7 Maryland at the half, really good game so far, check it out.

Lets go Tar Heels, lets go!!

really have no dog in the fight, just rooting for the underdog

bonus lax; beautiful. great game

Terps had their chances late in regulation...

Lacrosse 2016

Great game!!

Both teams played very well.

That Maryland defense man with a crosscheck to the head on a groundball after a stand on your head save by his goalie to give up man down at the end of OT was all time foolish though.

The drought continues. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    That Maryland defense man with a crosscheck to the head on a groundball after a stand on your head save by his goalie to give up man down at the end of OT was all time foolish though.
    Which is why he was crying his eyes out at the end.

Amazing game. I think I aged 5 years in the last 5 minutes. Any sports fan, regardless of if they know Lax or not, would have been caught up in that.

As Ice said - the drought continues. 4 finals in 7 years and nothing.... Maybe year 42 will be the charm.

not for nothing, but... NC hadnt won it in 25 years. while I understand thats not nearly as long as 41, it is a pretty long drought in itself for a region/school that is a hotbed of lacrosse

While UNC and the ACC in general has been good at lax for a long time, Carolina itself is hardly a historical hotbed of the game. There's only two kids from Carolina on that team, but 10 each from NY and MD.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    While UNC and the ACC in general has been good at lax for a long time, Carolina itself is hardly a historical hotbed of the game. There's only two kids from Carolina on that team, but 10 each from NY and MD.

I had to check that out but you are correct. Screw Md. anyway for leaving the ACC. Go Heels.

The Twerps are the Buffalo Bills of lax.

bump

waiting on championship weekend games

Towson vs Ohio St

MD vs Denver

It would seem a no brainer to most that Hockey was Canada's national sport BUT it was actualy Lacrosse

BUT in 1994 it was changed so Lacrosse became Canada's national summer sport and Hockey became Canada's national winter sport

probably due to a powerful hockey lobby, I knew Lacrosse was the national game but I didn't realize it was changed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I see the Darien-New Canaan tilt went Darien's way. Darien's playing quite the schedule this year, wow. New Canaan's playing some people too.
    Darien just keeps chuggin' along. They tore up Wilton 17-3 in the FCIAC semis. Folks are saying that this is the last year of the elite talent, but we'll see. Last year it was all offense, and this year they have a defense that is just unbelievable.

Nice to see the NESCAC sitting out Memorial Day this year. The Daly magic has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Darien just keeps chuggin' along. They tore up Wilton 17-3 in the FCIAC semis. Folks are saying that this is the last year of the elite talent, but we'll see. Last year it was all offense, and this year they have a defense that is just unbelievable.

Nice to see the NESCAC sitting out Memorial Day this year. The Daly magic has left the building.
    Before Tufts it was Middlebury who was the dominating NESCAC team. Daly is certainly having his struggles at Brown.

I was really hoping that Bates could have kept the ball rolling but it was great season and made this old Bobcat one happy alum!

Anyone going to the Razor for the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    I'm an FCIAC/public school homer, but I'd lay money with Darien against McDonough, Bullis or Boys Latin.
    Bullis?

First, it's in Bethesda. Second, they play lax at a level good enough to beat other preppies of same age/grade cohort?

That's new, in the history of Bullis. Usually trounced by Landon, etc.

As to Darien, well, when you have one of the highest per capita household incomes in America, your school will have a lot of cha-ching to throw at all sports.

Nice to hear the Uber-Strivers of Darien are able now to lord yet another thing over the plebes of America. Oorah.

Bullis has been good the past couple of years, they only lost 3 games this year, twice against Landon (which may be the best HS team in the country) and once against McDononough (another really good team), and they placed second in the IAC regular season and tournment and they're up there in the national polls. They've really changed their approach to sports there in the past few years and do a lot of recruiting for lax, football and basketball in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamoron View Post
    Daly is certainly having his struggles at Brown.
    Did you see them play? They came on wicked strong at the end of the season and were one possession away from the Ivy AQ. He is doing pretty damn well for a guy in his first season in DI; and who, of course, never even played the sport himself.

That said, F Tufts, F NESCAC haters and go WesTech

Tippster, I got my fingers crossed for ya, but I also love Trevor Baptiste and Bill Tierney. Bummer the field is such shite and there's no bouncers this weekend. WTF Kraft!? I thought this was laxtown, USA here at Gillette?!