Derbyflex Plates on Snowblades?

I'm planning to win the Pain McShlonkey next weekend @ Squaw but I need some race gear. I tried racing on two snowboards with 18 din orange bindings but that didn't work our well. I'll need a new hip someday because of that move.

I've decided to go... Shorter & Stiffer.

Snowblades & Derbyflex Race Plates with a race tune and a GS suit. Butter for wax.

Now, I just need to find some derbyflex plates? I know some racer from the 90's has some. I'll cover shipping to Tahoe or if any locals have one even better.

Anyone? Anyone?
    live the life.

PM the heartcarve guy
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

I'll look in my parts bin - might have some deflex plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Checked - just some risers, one with a thin metal piece to connect the toe & heel, but no one piece plates. If you want a riser, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks for checking! I used to have these things lying around but that was back when people listened to 3rd eye blind
    live the life.

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    Call starthouse. I am sure an old timer would donate.

My advice is to get 2 sets. Double derby flex snowblades should win.

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    PM the heartcarve guy
    thanks.

maskinut - how did you end up going in this race? Personally, I think snowblades/skiboards are too much of a backseat ride to really feel the Force.

So I've been thinking about an angulated footbed to overcome this:

.. and have been discussing in another thread. But really this needs to work with a custom ski (called the Meathammer Flat) which has a forward waist and tail wider than tip. (I guess this doesn't help you)
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

Meathammer is probably the best name for a ski... or thing kinda like a ski, ever. maskinut, it's now your mission to win Pain McShlonkey's on a pair of meathammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Meathammer is probably the best name for a ski... or thing kinda like a ski, ever. maskinut, it's now your mission to win Pain McShlonkey's on a pair of meathammers.
    My plan is to put the Heartcarve name and any/all of its ski and snowboard designs in the public domain so anyone can use them for their own purposes (from individuals to companies) and have no legal or intellectual property worries forever after (from me or anyone else).. then I'll aim to support what anyone does after this on my website heartcarve.com and heartcarving.com.

I suppose the goal is to create a movement, but really it's just about pushing skiing/snowboard forward in a certain way. The underlying question is whether I bring something of value to the mountain. I know Rollerblade protected their name early-on and that had a suppressive effect when everyone had to call it "inline skating" ... I don't want that to happen.

Just imagine if anyone could build a pair of Full-Tilt type boots.

Heartcarve now in public domain (including name and logo)... as stated at bottom of this thread.