Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have a Marmot ultra light rain jacket. It worked well for about 3 years. Then the film on the fabric inside started pealing away. Not a Marmot fan.

TREW BeWild

OR's Foray jacket has worked well for me for the last year. Year-round out in the woods, here in Maine.... 1-3x/wk.... Gore-tex, pit-zips....seems like the hood would be big enough for S-M sized helmet..but not sure on Med and Lg. Materials are kind of thin but haven't had any tears/rips in lowland_to_mid-mtn softwood/brush usage.
    Of course the OP is probably deceased by now....
    Last edited by steved; 11-18-2018 at 08:06 AM.

I have a Berghaus rain jacket that kept me dry while biking through Peru in the rainy season. It's stupid expensive but I was able to get it on a good discount combined with store credit. I wish I could tell you what model it is, but it's been sent back for a warranty repair on the zipper. It's not perfect, but it's light and it kept me dry in some pretty awful weather, so I can't complain. My only issue is I wish it had pit zips instead of these side vents.

Black diamond liquid point

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

light and cheap

Frog Toggs are without a doubt the best lightweight rain jacket on the market. impossible to beat that price point too unless you punch a hole in a trash bag.

Patagonia Torrentshell

I used Crysully Rain jacket because of its windproof hiking thin coat jacket with removable hood.

Thumbs up Gore Running jacket

I tested a Gore Running jacket for about a month, and did a lot of trails runs with a hydration pack, as well as some short-ish day hikes with a normal backpack. When I returned the jacket to the engineers, they said they were not able to find any noteworthy damage to the membrane. I also haven't heard of any stories of straps and belts ruining any of these jackets. A few people here have used TNF one and also have had no issues.

If an issue were to arise, Gore's warranty is pretty excellent, as is Arcteryx's. That obviously does not help you on the trail in a storm, but if something were to happen over the course of normal and expected use, they would likely repair or replace it for you.