Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Came home to find this little treat

So I have these 2 dogs. A GSD and a chubby, angry little shepherd/husky mix.

The GSD is a big boy, 110lbs and very lean. Extremely well behaved, but gets separation anxiety - so when I leave he jumps the fence to come find me.
    So I built a bigger fence, 8ft to be exact. Now the snow at my house is so deep (about 4ft), that he can jump the fence again...
    So I close the dog door and leave the boys inside while I'm gone during the day, all goes well - till yesterday............

I came home to find this treat.

Fucking awful. My house smells like a god awful mix of diarrhea, febreeze, resolve carpet cleaner, simple green, and tears.

But this morning he's doing his best to look all sweet and innocent.

you fence in your animals

that's abuse
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

that's abuse
    So is fencing in skiers to prevent them from being blown up??

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

that's abuse
    I posted signs, but they ignored them. Tried roping the area off, no luck. Wrote them misdemenor tickets, fined them, even threatened jail; nothing worked.. Finally put up a fence.

jer is Digital Death and Candy and DBT....

sorry about your dogs dude.....Old Shepard's/husky are tough to re-train....but you can do it.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    jer is Digital Death and Candy and DBT....

sorry about your dogs dude.....Old Shepard's/husky are tough to re-train....but you can do it.
    The husky mix is cool as shit. just fat and funny. I call him fat and angry cause it's funny. but he's cool as hell. Had him since he was just a little shit.

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    I posted signs, but they ignored them. Tried roping the area off, no luck. Wrote them misdemenor tickets, fined them, even threatened jail; nothing worked.. Finally put up a fence.
    Just pull his pass, problem solved.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

If one of your dogs shitting/puking/peeing on the floor bugs you then you might want to get a cat instead. They do that sometimes, deal with it. When they get old, it gets worse.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    If one of your dogs shitting/puking/peeing on the floor bugs you then you might want to get a cat instead. They do that sometimes, deal with it. When they get old, it gets worse.
    It doesn't bother me all that much. Just bored in class decided to post my first thread.

It doesn't bother me all that much. Just bored in class decided to post my first thread.
    Great choice...

You might want to consider training the dog properly so he doesn't jump the fence. GSD's are pretty smart and train easily. You could also shovel the snow so he can't jump out. Keeping him locked up inside all day is no fun.
    The Sheriff is near!

I had an awesome black lab years ago. Came home one day to the smell of death. She sprayed diarrhea all up and down the carpeted stairs and throughout the house. It looked liked a gruesome murder scene with poop instead of blood. She apparently was looking for a way out while spraying. I thought I was going to have to burn down the house. Took me days to get it cleaned up. A week later she did it again. Regardless of all that, I loved that damn dog. Still have her ashes sitting next to me at my desk.

ugh not fun - at least your carpets are not white like when I first moved into my house

a few yrs ago I took a w/e and replaced all the carpeting in the house with laminate and it makes such a difference.

now nbd if accidents happens and smells better too (I hate those carpet cleaner/ febreze/ fake smells too)

pretty cheap and I was able to install it myself over 2-3 days

At least you didn't step in it. Or did you?

I have a really bad sense of smell. Two years ago my dog had a shit emergency in the entrance way before he could come upstairs and tell me he had an issue. Of course the moment he did make it upstairs coincided with when I realized I was late for something, so I tore downstairs, into the entrance way/mudroom and put on my boots before dashing out the door. On the way there I did notice an odd smell that got worse every time i lifted my right foot. When I got home from picking my kids up from school, they went in first and then back out quickly with me of course almost knocking them over in my haste to get back up to my desk. "Dad, there's dog poop all over the carpet." Sure enough. And it had been walked in... Nasty runny dog diarrhea. Fuck. I had stepped in it in my socks and then put on my boots. Fuck. I still have the boots. They are worn out. I almost threw them out, however I have hard to fit feet and after looking for replacements I realized there aren't any. Fuck. So I think about that every time I wear them. I still have the dog. He's my second best friend. What I don't understand is how that much shit can come out of a Toy Poodle.
    Real VTers tap trees.

Anti icky poo or natures miracle will enzyme those smells into submission better than anything. AIP was recommended to me by a crime scene cleaner so poo and pee are no match in that category

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Great choice...

You might want to consider training the dog properly so he doesn't jump the fence. GSD's are pretty smart and train easily. You could also shovel the snow so he can't jump out. Keeping him locked up inside all day is no fun.
    He's trained, but he gets very concerned when I am gone for a long day. He's got plenty of room inside my house to run around, but it's only temporary till I have time to extend the fence. It's interesting, he doesn't jump to chase people/deer/foxes/dogs, he doesn't really care about any of that, he only jumps if he thinks I've been gone too long, and he just runs to where he thinks I am.

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread while eating my lunch

Your first thread is in the PR and is about poo.

Welcome to TGR
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    ugh not fun - at least your carpets are not white like when I first moved into my house

a few yrs ago I took a w/e and replaced all the carpeting in the house with laminate and it makes such a difference.

now nbd if accidents happens and smells better too (I hate those carpet cleaner/ febreze/ fake smells too)

pretty cheap and I was able to install it myself over 2-3 days
    Perfect timing, OP can learn about new flooring.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Your first thread is in the PR and is about poo.

Welcome to TGR
    he posted in the right placetoo
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

My house smells like a god awful mix of diarrhea, febreeze, resolve carpet cleaner, simple green, and tears.
    Welcome to every Saturday morning at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Perfect timing, OP can learn about new flooring.
    I forgot there was already a long flooring thread going. such an exciting topic!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Welcome to every Saturday morning at my house.
    dare I even ask...

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Anti icky poo or natures miracle will enzyme those smells into submission better than anything. AIP was recommended to me by a crime scene cleaner so poo and pee are no match in that category
    Natures Miracle is just that. Had a cat pee all over a $200 wool felt and sheepskin saddle pad - the kind you can't throw in the wash. Thought it was a goner but a friend convinced me to douse it in NM and let it dry. Worked like a charm - no residual smell of pee or perfume.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I have a big dog that jumps fences, and I am constantly rebuilding a hodge-podge of different types of fences in my backyard. So I feel your pain.

Except he has an amazing ability to hold in a shit for ever. A shy shitter. My other dog though, is the worst at holding in a shit so I'm screwed no matter what.

He's trained, but he gets very concerned when I am gone for a long day. He's got plenty of room inside my house to run around, but it's only temporary till I have time to extend the fence. It's interesting, he doesn't jump to chase people/deer/foxes/dogs, he doesn't really care about any of that, he only jumps if he thinks I've been gone too long, and he just runs to where he thinks I am.
    OK...but keep working with him, he'll get it.

Also, I've had 4 GSDs and they've all had somewhat sensitive digestive systems, including gas that would knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. I'm sure you'll be dealing with this again. He's a beauty for sure. Hope he's feeling better.
    The Sheriff is near!