Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bummer on the B-Day mess, ice it up.

rolling backyard last night, dry dusty fun. Except for more dumbing down going on. This tree fell 3 years ago and made for a tricky crossing, especially going up, got so I could make it 13 of 14 times approx. Now gone, thanks for nothing, the MRV has to be the most logless area I have ever ridden.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    100% ride-ability. How are they gonna have 300 ppl come ride your trails every festival if the trails are hard? Looks like you need some excavator work in there on that rock bridge. Probably some grant money laying around for it. Rode my backyard yesterday. Unreal what people will ride around. Full time job to keep the fools on trail these days and keep some technical challenge.
    I'm getting so tired of people cutting out downed logs. I don't mind a rock ramp here and there that helps maintain the flow but don't cut them out entirely. I've actually pulled logs into place in a few spots recently. There was one on a short, sharp climb that took me four years to get to where I would clean it 9/10 times, it was a big log that had a notch cut into it and the best way through was front wheel over then put a pedal down on it and "walk" the bike through the cut. My daughter worked on it for all that time then when she was finally getting it someone cut it She was so bummed. Right after it, maybe 50 feet up, was a stone wall up 'n over on a 90 degree corner and that got knocked down and turned into a ramp. I rebuilt the wall and a week later the whole section was knocked out and smoothed over like you could get a wheelchair through. FKNA bad...

No don't do any machine work on that rock bit, let the rocks settle in and create a rough off camber crossing. Make the rider work for it

okay, you boys are losing your shit, for real
    get rid of the fucking logs
    and pulling logs onto the trail is just stoopid
    wtf is going on with you guys?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Our first "Naturalist" nomination...

5. Naturalist; you know this type- pedals in flip flops or barefoot, uses sustainable bamboo frame bike, cables made from Virginia creeper, and handlebars fashioned from reclaimed driftwood. You'll see them snapping pictures of unique mushrooms on their Iphone's and carrying their bikes thru the woods to protect the precious trail.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm getting so tired of people cutting out downed logs. I don't mind a rock ramp here and there that helps maintain the flow but don't cut them out entirely. I've actually pulled logs into place in a few spots recently. There was one on a short, sharp climb that took me four years to get to where I would clean it 9/10 times, it was a big log that had a notch cut into it and the best way through was front wheel over then put a pedal down on it and "walk" the bike through the cut. My daughter worked on it for all that time then when she was finally getting it someone cut it She was so bummed. Right after it, maybe 50 feet up, was a stone wall up 'n over on a 90 degree corner and that got knocked down and turned into a ramp. I rebuilt the wall and a week later the whole section was knocked out and smoothed over like you could get a wheelchair through. FKNA bad...

No don't do any machine work on that rock bit, let the rocks settle in and create a rough off camber crossing. Make the rider work for it
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^yeah, and he has something against people in wheelchairs?

Logs are good for riding down for balance work, but riding over them is generally just annoying and not something that is necessarily technical.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post

Logs are good for riding down for balance work, but riding over them is generally just annoying and not something that is necessarily technical.
    exactly, talk about disrupting my flow, brah
    no bueno
    crab in my shoe mouth

Log crossings are cool but big jumps are cooler! I rode with a fun crew last night and a few of the guys were psyched to find this jump. Not my thing but was fun watching them huck meat.

I got out for a quick ride this afternoon in town. Another perfect day though pretty humid. I'm hoping for some rain for the garden

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post

Once upon a time logs were a challenge depending on rider skill and diameter of the log. I still like awpin logs. Logs don't disrupt flow, that's on the rider. Riders today aren't what they once were. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Once upon a time logs were a challenge depending on rider skill and diameter of the log. I still like awpin logs. Logs don't disrupt flow, that's on the rider. Riders today aren't what they once were. IMO
    you're still as dumb as you ever were
    slowing down, to time a pedal stroke, so as not to bend a chainring and actually make it over, doesn't interrupt flow?
    fucking laps, many of them, start now, and when you finish, punch yerself in the dick, guy
    Last edited by buttahflake; 09-08-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    All the bike mags had pics of riders going over logs, somewhere around 1990 I think. Then we all woke up and realized logs are not the holy grail of mountain biking technique.

25 years later, and some old people still love a good log hop.

Log laps
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    your'e still as dumb as you ever were
    slowing down, to time a pedal stroke, so as not to bend a chainring and actually make it over, doesn't interrupt flow?
    fucking laps, many of them, start now, and when you finish, punch yerself in the dick, guy
    I see why you don't like log awpin guy. Timing a pedal stroke so you don't bend a chainring? Bwaaaaah!!! You SIR should take one really long lap. And quit with the violence would ya? It's unbecoming for a permaburner like yourself. See you Sunday. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Log laps
    Another category perlaps?

Flow meisters blah.

Laps, permaburns and dick punches?

Yeah man, this whole "flow" generation young and old need to take a lappy fowwoed by a nappy wappy.

howz the ankle?

It'll live, they grow back pretty quick even when you're old

Was planning on heading your way next week but because that kid backed into my car yesterday it's in the body shop for a while and the rental doesn't have a hitch so putting a rack on is gonna be a pita, I don't even have a strap on anymore. I'll let you and SJ know when it's done, I need to get up there before the end of the month.

Hey if anybody is planning on going to that KMC Crossfest at Thompson Speedway 9/30-10/2 I'll be there with two booths. Look me up.

Keep us posted. Once the surf stops rolling in I'll actually start riding again. Last two weeks score is Surf 12 vs bike 2. My bikes are pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

The missing log had no affect on flow, it was at the bottom go the network after a 10 minute rip from the top. The snake across the rocks got you to the rock under my bottom bracket [that I put there 3 years ago for a smooth ramp over] and after the log there is a tight section of trail that twists between a few trees.
    I don't care for the ring benders but some are good to practice for places where logs are saved. If you hate logs you should never ride the Res. in West Hartford CT. Never in my life have I seen so many logs, some around 15" in diameter that have been chainring chopped 3/4 or more of the way through. Near constant disruption in flow there.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

exactly, talk about disrupting my flow, brah
    no bueno
    Except for people with bike skill. Sailing over a 12+ inch log at speed while your xc geek friends grab brakes and get dropped. Also, vaulting is a great skill to have on a bike, slightly case the front tire and use the energy to lift the back tire over without touching (most energy efficient way to clear a log), or getting your front wheel up, then lunging and placing the back tire right where the front was while the front wheel drops off (Usually on logs 18" or higher). All extremely valuable skills on a bike. Hilarious that getting over a log breaks your flow. Welcome to MOUNTAIN biking roadie.

so you and Rog are jumping logs, going up hill?
    facking fascinating
    eat my ballz
    i've been riding bikes since you were sucking on mamas teat, fat boy
    step-up to the plate fattie, let's do this thing
    crab in my shoe mouth

so you and Rog are jumping logs, going up hill?
    facking fascinating
    eat my ballz
    i've been riding bikes since you were sucking on mamas teat, fat boy
    step-up to the plate fattie, let's do this thing
    Go take your Waterbury Lap. Show us your Strava time. If you're close to 1:10....we'll see, but I kinda lost interest when you challenged me to race on what is the equivalent of the bunny slope.

You've been riding since '74 and you still haven't figured out a good J hop? Roadie.

Go take your Waterbury Lap. Show us your Strava time. If you're close to 1:10....we'll see, but I kinda lost interest when you challenged me to race on what is the equivalent of the bunny slope.

You've been riding since '74 and you still haven't figured out a good J hop? Roadie.
    you truly are a huge fucking pussy, for real
    enough with the qualifier bullshit
    time to put-up or shut-up, fat fuck
    let's go, biatch
    crab in my shoe mouth

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

you truly are a huge fucking pussy, for real
    enough with the qualifier bullshit
    time to put-up or shut-up, fat fuck
    let's go, biatch
    You are what you eat. Dick.
    What's a matter? You go right by to get your "Me Too" beers. Just stop, take a lap, post your time. You're such a child, it would be painful to be in your presence. Not to mention, if we met in person and you continued with this line of chatter you might not make it out of the lot.....guy.

You are what you eat. Dick.
    What's a matter? You go right by to get your "Me Too" beers. Just stop, take a lap, post your time. You're such a child, it would be painful to be in your presence. Not to mention, if we met in person and you continued with this line of chatter you might not make it out of the lot.....guy.
    such a fucking pussy
    keep talking fat boy
    let's fucking do this
    enough with the bullshit
    and keeping talking about 'beating me up'
    i'm sure you would love to wrestle me, you love putting your hands on other men
    so weird
    Don't Jersey Vermont
    crab in my shoe mouth

such a fucking pussy
    keep talking fat boy
    let's fucking do this
    enough with the bullshit
    and keeping talking about 'beating me up'
    i'm sure you would love to wrestle me, you love putting your hands on other men
    so weird
    Don't Jersey Vermont
    Bwahaha. Such originality. All you have to do is post your Strava time for Perry Hill. Permission>Burning Spear>Rasta Man>Joe's>Firstborn>Campfire. Or....Main climb to Green to Blue.....main climb to red to yellow. 1:10.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVfOWz7Z_5I
    Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse. Sounds like you.