Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The ticks never went down this winter around here, we've been pulling them off the dog right through.

Thankfully we didn't get much rain here so with this wind and leafless trees it should dry out pretty quickly. Probably go find out later today.

Even a week after the Polar Vortex the ticks were out.
    Seresto collars have worked well for my hound.

After all that rain our newish zone drains incredibly well. Fun first real ride of the season.

^^nice! Where?

Sunday's impending Nor'easter could put bring fat biking back for awhile. Damn, just when I was starting to dig an early spring and dry trails.

Yeah boy good stuff was had today. After all that rain yesterday you could hardly even tell it had happened.

Does anybody know how I can share my strava feed on facebook? I'm new to this whole social media thing and a general internet moron. Feeling quite challenged...

Never got out last weekend and as the Fells is a no go (and seemingly a shitty place to get some exercise??) I am trying to get out Saturday before the snow? Harold Parker is in good shape??

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Never got out last weekend and as the Fells is a no go (and seemingly a shitty place to get some exercise??) I am trying to get out Saturday before the snow? Harold Parker is in good shape??
    Meh. The Fells does have some good stuff to offer but there's just too many damn people there when the weather is nice.

I haven't ridden HP recently but a buddy of mine said it was riding great after the rain. Trails south of Boston dried out real quick after Tuesday as well.

My oh my things are in good shape right now. A touch soft on lesser used trails but otherwise fkn sweet! Gonna go hit my favorite spot tomorrow for some pre storm giggles. This will be the first three days in a row stretch since the fall. Gonna need the two storm days to recover

Cold and fast this morning except where it had been damp then it was like velcro and the resistance as your tires broke the crusty stuff was incredible. We did a little over 4 miles but it felt like a lot more, the first 2 miles of climbing felt like 5.

It's good to go
    Stoked on a long season
    git sum

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1458595285.164696.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  766.2 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Want to ride this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Hoping to get out sat am. Drop me a line.

Ordered my new bike yesterday, hopefully have everything built up in time for next week! Definitely excited to see spring come back after our little Smarch weather cycle.

^^^Whadya get?

You'll seeeee!!

Is it a penny farthing?

With enduro specific tassels!

Oooh those shiny purple and silver ones? Does it have a bell too

Injuries and new bikes are a bad combo. UPS is bringing my new bike tomorrow but I have a bum shoulder and "shouldn't" be riding. Will I ride anyway? Probably. Going to give Willowdale a try considering I hear its nice and smooth. I haven't been there yet so I'm hoping someone can confirm the Willowdale smoothness (?)

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Injuries and new bikes are a bad combo. UPS is bringing my new bike tomorrow but I have a bum shoulder and "shouldn't" be riding. Will I ride anyway? Probably. Going to give Willowdale a try considering I hear its nice and smooth. I haven't been there yet so I'm hoping someone can confirm the Willowdale smoothness (?)
    It's a lot smoother than Lynn Woods, but it's still New England!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Pretty well sums it up. I think you'll find it compares to Wompy (maybe a little smoother) but with more flow.

Me, I'm picking up one of these on Sat:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82585_1_SuperSize.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	178894

Stooooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Pretty well sums it up. I think you'll find it compares to Wompy (maybe a little smoother) but with more flow.
    Hmm good enough for me. Flow is better than fucking myself up more with with rocks, roots and drops.

Willowdale is great smooth, flowy riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Hmm good enough for me. Flow is better than fucking myself up more with with rocks, roots and drops.
    Bring your phone and load up the Willowdale State Forest map. Little of the singletrack is marked but it is easy to find trail openings off the fire roads. With that map on your phone and numbered, marked intersections throughout the park its easy to find your way around. To start, I recommend parking on the N side of the park (Linebrook rd. parking lot), going down the obvious double track entrance, then go left at the T and roll about 1/4 mile down that fire road past a long farm field. When the road starts to turn downhill to the right, keep an eye on the right side for a singletrack trail opening- start there. From there, you will ride 5-10 minute bursts of trail that will dump you back on other fire roads. Each time that happens look just left or right across the trail and you should find continuing singletrack. You may need to go a couple hundred yards in either direction to find another opening, but you will find one. Rinse and repeat until you're spent and then use the state park map and numbered intersections to find your way back to your car. Depending on how long you feel like being out, you could easily be out for 3+ hours and not ride the same single track twice. That said, all trails ride well in both directions.

This is roughly the same overview someone gave me on here 5-6 years ago and it served me perfectly. Psyched to pass it along. Enjoy! Take some pics- I miss Willowdale.