Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    How people say “tape” these days when they mean record. Right now it’s because Omarosa “taped” John Kelly and heard a “tape” of Trump using the n-word. There are no tapes - who uses tape any more? - there are recordings.

For some reason it doesn’t bother me that we still say “dialing” a phone, though phones don’t have dials.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    How people say “tape” these days when they mean record. Right now it’s because Omarosa “taped” John Kelly and heard a “tape” of Trump using the n-word. There are no tapes - who uses tape any more? - there are recordings.

For some reason it doesn’t bother me that we still say “dialing” a phone, though phones don’t have dials.
    You funny old man.

Huge blueberries. Had to cut most of the bluebs in the pint in half before I made muffins morning. My own fault for being too cheap to buy the wild berries I guess.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

ReCORD? Like on a record?

Them big ol' South American steroid blueberries give me the heebie-jeebies. Do not want.

You guys need to HTFU and just eat the blueberries. FFS.

Nah. They grow blueberries in this town, they are not the same thing as those scary blobs. But be my guest by all means. Don't come crying to me when your DNA gets all mutated by them though.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ReCORD? Like on a record?
    digital file doesn't have a ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Them big ol' South American steroid blueberries give me the heebie-jeebies. Do not want.
    I know what you mean but I'm a fool for my Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins and the blue berry bush in my back yard shit the bed this year.

Drank too much coffee now I'm so ADD my head might explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins
    You can still get that mix? huh. I know a guy who loves Howard Johnson pancakes, he's in mourning because the company that makes the mix just upped the minimum order from 10 pounds to 50 pounds and he can't justify it and he's almost out. Group buy?

You can still get that mix? huh. I know a guy who loves Howard Johnson pancakes, he's in mourning because the company that makes the mix just upped the minimum order from 10 pounds to 50 pounds and he can't justify it and he's almost out. Group buy?
    You just need the secret formula and the willingness to faht around in the kitchen for an hour or so to make from scratch. I'll fish around for an internet version that's on target and post it up.

Here's my version of Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins.

Th recipe ran in the Boston Globe about 15 years ago and they claimed it came from the original baker.

The high initial temp, dusting the berries and TB of batter before the berries are added are variations I've picked up over the years.

Ingredients
    1/2 cup butter
    2 cups unsifted AP flour
    1 1/4 cup sugar
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup milk (buttermilk is better)
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 to 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (wild if available) dusted with flour (helps to keep berries from sinking)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons sugar (for top of muffins)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 425°F. (Drop to 375 after 6 minutes baking time - early high heat promotes rising.)

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla.

In a second bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.

Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to the creamed butter and sugar mixture - begin and end with dry ingredients.

Place TB of batter in each muffin tin before berries are added to mixture.

Add berries and stir in gently by hand.

Spray a 12 muffin baking pan with Baker's Joy (or other non-stick spray). Fill greased muffin cups.

Sprinkle sugar on top of unbaked muffins.

Preheat oven to 425 bake for 6 minutes then drop temperature to 375°F and cook for 18 minutes. Cool in pan. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin after several minutes to free it from the pan and cool on wire racks.

<snip> Don't come crying to me when your DNA gets all mutated by them though.

I'm nom'ing giant mutated blueberries right now... but they're from Oregon. You suppose those are OK?

I literally just came back from the farmstand, I was behind an elderly couple from Oregon. I know because when they were asked if they wanted a bag they said, "Oh no, we're from Oregon, we don't need a bag, we brought our own. Reduce, re-use, recycle, that's what we do there."

So I'm guessing your berries are poisonous.

*Dammit I shoulda bought some blueberries.

I literally just came back from the farmstand, I was behind an elderly couple from Oregon. I know because when they were asked if they wanted a bag they said, "Oh no, we're from Oregon, we don't need a bag, we brought our own. Reduce, re-use, recycle, that's what we do there."

So I'm guessing your berries are poisonous.
    You mean they're going to turn me into a fucking hippie? This could be problematic...

what is it about that city in particular? did you know indy is the largest major U.S. city that’s not located on a navigable river?

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    what is it about that city in particular? did you know indy is the largest major U.S. city that’s not located on a navigable river?
    Is it really considered a "major" U.S. city? Surprising...

people who call uneaten pizza crust "bones"

bones?! like its an inedible portion that lacks wholesome nutritional value

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    people who call uneaten pizza crust "bones"

bones?! like its an inedible portion that lacks wholesome nutritional value
    American Italians that call sauce gravy wtf. 1st time that annoyed my ears was in an episode of the Sopranos. Gravy is flour and drippings.
    How the fuck can a tomato sauce ever be called gravy.
    Is that a jersey thing because my brother in-law from Brooklyn never ever used that term or knew better not to.
    Forgot about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    American Italians that call sauce gravy wtf. 1st time that annoyed my ears was in an episode of the Sopranos. Gravy is flour and drippings.
    How the fuck can a tomato sauce ever be called gravy.
    Is that a jersey thing because my brother in-law from Brooklyn never ever used that term or knew better not to.
    Forgot about it
    It is called gravy when a tomato sauce is thickened (usually cooked down with paste). My Grandfather came off the boat, didn't speak English well, and it's gravy.

You do know that Indians call the liquid part of a curry "gravy" too?

And aren't you from Canada? WTF do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    <snip>
    He probably knows that gravy goes on poutine.

It is called gravy when a tomato sauce is thickened (usually cooked down with paste). My Grandfather came off the boat, didn't speak English well, and it's gravy.

You do know that Indians call the liquid part of a curry "gravy" too?

I know what gravy is. That's what the fuck I know.

This is still sauce; on its way to gravy.

8/10 quart pot simmering, then adding pork or beef braciole and meatballs. Left on the stove overnight.
    Take out the meat - now it's gravy
    ​I am not in your hurry

My Grandfather came off the boat, didn't speak English well, and it's gravy.
    well maybe he didn't know the word "sauce".