Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    I was annoyed yesterday that there is no management/ oversight etc at my office

sometimes I am stupid
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Based on a post in the other thread: stores putting out Christmas stuff early is something that apparently annoys lots of people but shouldn't. Please explain what is annoying about this. I don't get it.
    It isn't just stores putting out Christmas stuff early. It's the complete commercialization of Christmas and other holidays. The idea of buying shit like decorations you'll only use for a short time each year is annoying. As is the idea that you have to buy all sorts of gifts for everyone, most of which they won't like or won't appreciate anyways. Total waste of money and resources. Then there is the Christmas music. The closer you get to the holiday the harder it is to avoid. Getting bombarded with ads on every possible medium and from every direction is very annoying. It would be one thing if you only had to deal with all this for a couple or even a few weeks. But now this shit is showing up 3 weeks before Halloween. It's fucking annoying.

I was in Mexico for Thanksgiving and they started playing Xmas music around the pool that day. My head almost exploded. Had to go drink tequila to wash away the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costco has had xmas decorations for sale about a month now.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Yup I was there the other day and they had a ton of Xmas shit around. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

sometimes I am stupid
    Is it supposed to be you?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

na- just that sometimes a little guidance would be nice at work
    but then realized that being annoyed at getting to do whatever the hells I want seemed silly
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    It isn't just stores putting out Christmas stuff early. It's the complete commercialization of Christmas and other holidays. The idea of buying shit like decorations you'll only use for a short time each year is annoying. As is the idea that you have to buy all sorts of gifts for everyone, most of which they won't like or won't appreciate anyways. Total waste of money and resources.
    Christmas: Celebrating the birth of a man who disavowed all material possessions with a mass orgy of consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I was there yesterday and they had fireworks for sale. In October!!! In New Jersey!!! WTF? I think i might be some Indian holiday coming up but I've never seen fireworks for sale in Costco, or anywhere else in NJ for that matter.

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yup I was there the other day and they had a ton of Xmas shit around. Sad.
    Jubel Ale was sale today, I’m okay with that
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Isn't this the things that annoy you but shouldn't thread? A lot of these annoyances seem legit.

I guess that shouldn't bother me.

Sleeping most the day so you can stay up all night waiting for the squid to show.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I was there yesterday and they had fireworks for sale. In October!!! In New Jersey!!! WTF? I think i might be some Indian holiday coming up but I've never seen fireworks for sale in Costco, or anywhere else in NJ for that matter.
    Diwali - very big; even Rex Tillerson was blathering about it today.

Guy who tells you matter of factly that he's the best boss you've ever had( I've been employed by about 10 companies over 30+ years) Within 2 days I was sure I'd entered the First portal into hell. Who tells you they're the best of anything without any baseline? Suck a dick.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Waking up anxious to see which way my fingers will point today.
    f the barometer and all it stands for - not that I really need it.
    ​I am not in your hurry

The recommended number of cups of tea they tell you to drink on the steeping instructions. "Enjoy 5-6 cups throughout the day when needed."

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Guy who tells you matter of factly that he's the best boss you've ever had( I've been employed by about 10 companies over 30+ years) Within 2 days I was sure I'd entered the First portal into hell. Who tells you they're the best of anything without any baseline? Suck a dick.
    So what's your position in the White House?

Fluffer

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

The towns around us celebrate trick or treat on different nights. All Hallows Eve or Halloween night. Parents that take their kids to a different town on their 'other' night to double up on candy. Little Johnny has plenty of candy already you stupid fat parents.

Digging deeper, it's just stoopid fat americans that annoy me and they shouldn't.

Buttons on the fly of boxer shorts. Only annoying the first time you put 'em on, but really?

Yoga
    People who take pictures with iPads
    Beige colored cars
    T-shirts on casual Fridays
    Fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

sometimes I am stupid
    second.

sat in a meeting yesterday and my boss was upset at the staff because we're not working as wanted, despite myself putting in 6 days last week, several days of 12 hours or better, including working during game six of the world series(and I live in Houston).

in the same meeting, my boss says we're overworked ? WTF, which is it ?

I just sat there and sipped my coffee as I have heard this for 3 years now, but not one effort from mgt to change behavior, procedures or responsibilities and I've given upon my efforts to try, but today's good as i'm currently improving my job skills. this place will not change, time to move on or at least get paid more.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Beige colored cars
    It's "champagne" thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's "champagne" thank you very much
    Color names like that probably shouldn’t annoy me, but they do.

I hate words that are in American English and use english spelling but then are pronounced French.
    I feel like a douchebad pronouncing a neighborhood Bretagne as Brittany.
    I mean really how the fuck would I look at that name and come up with Brittany. Then when others pronounce it BRE-TAG-NEE or any other fucked variation, people correct them as if we all grew up in a French Swiss village.
    This has always bothered me. Irrational I know