Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 705
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,497
    Christmas.
    Most annoying time of the year. I know I shouldn't be annoyed but all the hypocrites and confusion makes it difficult to enjoy this time of the year.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,456
    I feel you. In-laws were de-cluttering in early November and gifted us a nice artificial tree. Kiddo convinced Mom to put it up that weekend along with all the other decorations, so it's been Christmas at our house for a month already. Can't be over soon enough. Don't get me started on the fact that we celebrate the birth of a man who disavowed all material possessions with a veritable orgy of materialism.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,215
    There's already a thread for the Christmas haters, Frank.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Christmas.
    Most annoying time of the year. I know I shouldn't be annoyed but all the hypocrites and confusion makes it difficult to enjoy this time of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I feel you. In-laws were de-cluttering in early November and gifted us a nice artificial tree. Kiddo convinced Mom to put it up that weekend along with all the other decorations, so it's been Christmas at our house for a month already. Can't be over soon enough. Don't get me started on the fact that we celebrate the birth of a man who disavowed all material possessions with a veritable orgy of materialism.
    You guys should try what I do and tweak your celebration to be more in line with the Nordic Yule. Yule be much happier!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,501
    Everyone in this thread.

    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada eh
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Don't get me started on the fact that we celebrate the birth of a man who disavowed all material possessions with a veritable orgy of materialism.
    This ^ is mostly what annoys me.

    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    There's already a thread for the Christmas haters, Frank.
    Don't hate Christmas just the hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You guys should try what I do and tweak your celebration to be more in line with the Nordic Yule. Yule be much happier!
    What does Yule Brynner have to do with Christmas

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,763
    I just consider Xmas as a pagan solstice celebration, and try to consider the gift thing as a mark of affection or respect. I like Xmas lights, roaring fires, and that sort of thing. Also, I met my wife on Xmas. It’s hard to overlook the raging commercialism though, but it’s nice when I can.

    It helps that I live in a town where the holidays aren’t ‘sponsored by Macy’s’. Relatively low key here.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    921
    Everyone asking me, "r u guys ready for Christmas? What are you doing for Christmas? What r u getting your son for Christmas?"

    Everyone saying, "Merry Christmas" to me.

    Give me a f'ing break! I have a Chicago accent, dark curly hair, a satirical sense of humor, and s strong, albeit beautifully repaired x 6 breaks, nose. Why assume i celebrate Christmas? (Rhetorical question... i know the statistics)

    Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I just consider Xmas as a pagan solstice celebration, and try to consider the gift thing as a mark of affection or respect. I like Xmas lights, roaring fires, and that sort of thing.
    ^this. Christians appropriated the Solstices and Equinoxes and tarted them up with their own story.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,007
    Can't find the 3rd floor bathroom at PE Trudeau Aéroport.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,125
    Guys who carry shit around in those Lululemon bags. Come on!

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,601
    "Flossing," and the kids who do it. The dance, not the dental hygiene practice. Haha. Saw no less than THREE kids doing this in public on Sunday evening alone. Normally I wouldn't care, but this one (prolly 12 or 13 year old) kid at the park really got to me for some reason. With his Ray Ban shades (at dusk), flat brimmed hat, and the signature frown (that I guess is part of the dance?), looking like the most smug, cocky little douche you've ever seen, the kid was just oozing that he thought he was the coolest kid on the block.

    I've never wanted to punch a kid in the face or nads before, but man this twerp got to me. And then I felt bad about it. I was like "WTF is wrong with me?!" REALLY shouldn't annoy me. Like at all, but dammit it did for some reason I can't explain.

    For reference:


    So imagine this exact kid, but with shades and the hat and perhaps you'll understand my misplaced anger. I still don't know why I wanted to see this kid receive a well timed nut check or something. He's just doing what's popular with teh yoots these days. But still... Why am I so annoyed? I dunno... But I am.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    <snip> He's just doing what's popular with teh yoots these days. But still... Why am I so annoyed? I dunno... But I am.
    Because you're a grumpy old codger. You should have, at a minimum, told him to get off your lawn.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Uber Alles California
    Posts
    3,763
    People
    Hello darkness my old friend

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Because you're a grumpy old codger. You should have, at a minimum, told him to get off your lawn.
    Dammit, you're right. Missed opportunity. I've been tolerant of a LOT of silly trends, and normally don't care, but something about this one irks me. Well, at least with that one smug looking kid. The other 2 I saw didn't annoy me nearly so much. Again, can't explain why, but you must be right. Guess I'm just becoming an old fart and this is the first time it's really hit home.

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dammit, you're right. Missed opportunity. I've been tolerant of a LOT of silly trends, and normally don't care, but something about this one irks me. Well, at least with that one smug looking kid. The other 2 I saw didn't annoy me nearly so much. Again, can't explain why, but you must be right. Guess I'm just becoming an old fart and this is the first time it's really hit home.

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,580
    Whats Old Larry been up to?

    How are his loafers?
    watch out for snakes

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    driving past the Stop and Shop
    Posts
    2,879
    The weird ass symbols on my clothing tags. I think they have something to do with laundry but they appear to be written in old timey Egyptian.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,601
    Ok. So, the comments in the vid I posted made me feel a whole lot better about humanity. That comment section is freaking gold. Evidently I'm not the only one who feels the way I did. lmao

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,456
    This sweater is sold out and I'm annoyed. Not that it isn't available for me to purchase but that people actually purchased it to the point of it being sold out. It sold for $750.



    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,456
    and another thing......

    that rapper named Nipsey Hustle (RIP). Everytime I see his name all I can think of is Nipsey Russell.

    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  22. #622
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,125
    Men who wear those bedazzled jeans.

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,456
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Men who wear those bedazzled jeans.
    20 Things Men Should NEVER Wear
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  24. #624
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    4,707
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This sweater is sold out and I'm annoyed. Not that it isn't available for me to purchase but that people actually purchased it to the point of it being sold out. It sold for $750.



    I have one of those things in Marine Corps green in like new condition, make me an offer
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,007
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This sweater is sold out and I'm annoyed. Not that it isn't available for me to purchase but that people actually purchased it to the point of it being sold out. It sold for $750.



    Dafuq?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •