Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    When my wife pulls a dutch-oven on me. I was the one that started it.
    She learned fast.
    LOL. My wife taught it to our kids. Sigh. That's no lady, that's my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie1 View Post
    Yes it is! Chicago pizza is sliced that way. Good Chicago pizza I should say.
    Oxymoron. Pizza soup? No thanks.

People who send me house plants. Nice but I just don't have room for more house plants (and some are poisonous to the cats) and I'm not one to just toss them. Always a conundrum for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    People who send me house plants. Nice but I just don't have room for more house plants (and some are poisonous to the cats) and I'm not one to just toss them. Always a conundrum for me.
    I'm with you. A friend of my wife's sent us an 18-24 inch tall live spruce for Xmas. I watered it for a while and it sprouted long bright green buds from the branch tips that were getting out of hand, so I put it outside thinking, it's a spruce, it'll do well out there, and maybe I'll plant it later. Looks dead now.

Those orchid things people give have about a three day life span under my care.
    And I guess that I just don't know

The exchange rate on the US dollar
    Can't we get it at par for being really nice people?

The exchange rate on the US dollar
    Can't we get it at par for being really nice people?
    Who? Do you think you can roll out your post and anybody gives a shit where you're from?

Oh, eh, your Canadian.

Gotcha. Thanks ta ya Kenny.

So we're gradually clearing the house out in preparation for a move. One thing we have is several hundred mint condition National Geographics. I subscribed for the kids mainly but they never showed much interest but I kept the sub for like 15 years. Put them all on the shelf, figured they'd be worth something some day.

And they are: Zero. Not worth a penny.

Everybody who subscribes does the exact same damn thing, there are millions of these fuckers around.

Oh well, I shoulda known, off to the dump with them.

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So we're gradually clearing the house out in preparation for a move. One thing we have is several hundred mint condition National Geographics. I subscribed for the kids mainly but they never showed much interest but I kept the sub for like 15 years. Put them all on the shelf, figured they'd be worth something some day.

And they are: Zero. Not worth a penny.

Everybody who subscribes does the exact same damn thing, there are millions of these fuckers around.

Oh well, I shoulda known, off to the dump with them.
    If you have a hospital anywhere near you , those waiting rooms are a great dumping ground for magazines. The one near me has medical offices that hardly ever have anything to kill time with so they get a little use at least. Old folks homes may also be an good place for some appreciation. It annoys me seeing good mags and knowledge shipped to the dump

^^Good thought, thanks. Hospital's no further away than the dump, might as well do it.

http://pizzerialibretto.com/pizzeria...155-university
    Best bet it the city

http://avenuecibievini.com/ this is in Kleinburg and is high end but a friend (more like a brother) owns it and i'll get you a good deal

https://localerestaurants.ca/ this is in King City and I've never been disappointed.

In Montreal i would have to ask some family members but they always take me to http://www.labellaitaliana.ca/m/
    Roberto luongo of the Florida Panthers owns it

Let me know when you're in town and if you want to try avenue i'll make reservations. Besides pizza it one of the best restaurant in the greater toronto area and it's always fully booked.
    Tyvm!
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Inside on a beautiful late spring day. Working an IT change. That was supposed to happen last week, however there was a power issue and so multiple customers down pre-empted. Of course I still would be working this weekend because it is a series of changes. Now we are more behinder. However, I signed up for this gig. So it's my own damn fault.

Used shaving handles in the free gear swap thread.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

New phone update and this is the clock. Who in the fuck wants it like this? I cannot figure out how to change it. That's annoying

My phone got an update too and it somehow changed notification permissions for all my apps. Had to go through and turn them all off. I still get a weather forecast pop up every time I unlock the phone and can't figure out how to turn that one off.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    New phone update and this is the clock. Who in the fuck wants it like this? I cannot figure out how to change it. That's annoying
    Me too.

Settings

Lock screen and security

Clock and face widgets

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    My phone got an update too and it somehow changed notification permissions for all my apps. Had to go through and turn them all off. I still get a weather forecast pop up every time I unlock the phone and can't figure out how to turn that one off.

Me too. What kind of numb nuts thought this a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Nice! I did figure it out earlier, but what a pia. I kept playing with the 'clock' app initially. Why would it be there...that wouldn't make any sense.

July 3-5

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

^^if you’ve got property on a lake, yup. 3 weekends a summer are a bit worse than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    July 3-5
    No, that should annoy you. Anywhere there is a beach it seems to be worse. The littering is mind blowing.

Ski racks on cars in the summer. Seems like some of these people even hardly ski. Just bought the rack from Audi- set it and forget it.

Haven’t carried skis on my car in years once I realize how quick it degrades condition and edges. Not to mention the anti-aerodynamics and whistle sound.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I took a piss in a portapotty today. The whole thing was leaning towards the door so the seat wouldn't stay up. To the next person who uses the seat--sorry about the piss on it. If I were that person this would be in the other annoy thread.

Wait, carrying your skis on ypur car from the hill and back degrades your skis? More than the skiing you do that day?

Leaving the grill on and using up an almost new tank of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Leaving the grill on and using up an almost new tank of gas.
    Not to quibble, but I sure feel like I ought to be pissed off when I'm dumb enough to do that, but then again nobody pisses me off like I do.

Does a fine job of cleaning the shit off of the grill grates though ...
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Wait, carrying your skis on ypur car from the hill and back degrades your skis? More than the skiing you do that day?
    Salt, dirt, and road oil/grime on freeway.. add in downpour and semi’s drafting spray 15’ into air. C’mon
    Want to compare edges and wax condition?

Exception for in town ski area commute to Hill.