Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Undecided voters. I mean 'com WTF...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Undecided voters. I mean 'com WTF...
    I hear ya. WTFF???

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    The new neighbor that thinks every fucking piece of grass in his yard needs 10 minutes worth of the world's loudest weed whacker. His yard is half the size of mine and he is 2 hours and 12 minutes into his WAKE THE FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD weed whacker extravaganza.

Plus he really is a complete asshole and has nothing nice to say ever.
    Along similar lines: I live in half of a left/right duplex, and the plumbing isn't the quietest. Someone who lives on the other side wakes up at 4:00am every Sunday-Friday and immediately hops in the shower, which is loud enough that my decibel meter reads between 65 and 70 in my bedroom.

The last time I slept past sunrise was back around the summer solstice when it happened to be around 4am.

I have an alarm set for 5:20am for work, and I don't remember the last time I haven't been partway through my first cup of coffee when it goes off.

My neighbor is an okay guy, but every fall he starts a new construction project and he's always out there working in the evenings, running heavy equipment, banging and running power saws, etc. This year it's a new garage. No big deal, I don't mind the sounds of work, but fall is when I hunt my deer stand at the other end of my property in the evenings, and all the noise, while it doesn't outright alarm the animals, it just seems to make the deer find a different route through the 'hood. Before this guy moved in his place was empty for several years and I guess I kind of got used to that, as did the deer. Ah well, it really shouldn't annoy me, the guy has every right to work on his property. And I'll still shoot a deer eventually. It's just not as sweet a setup as it used to be. But at least he doesn't have a noisy dog, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Along similar lines: I live in half of a left/right duplex, and the plumbing isn't the quietest. Someone who lives on the other side wakes up at 4:00am every Sunday-Friday and immediately hops in the shower, which is loud enough that my decibel meter reads between 65 and 70 in my bedroom.

The last time I slept past sunrise was back around the summer solstice when it happened to be around 4am.

I have an alarm set for 5:20am for work, and I don't remember the last time I haven't been partway through my first cup of coffee when it goes off.
    Again, that’s a legit should-annoy-you thing. But I’m going to remember that next time you post all grouchy and shit.

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Again, that’s a legit should-annoy-you thing. But I’m going to remember that next time you post all grouchy and shit.
    glademaster is an old “get off my lawn” soul.

but paper thin rental do walls suck. one of the pro’s for home ownership among the negatives
    skid luxury

It does annoy me, but at the same time, I know the guy is dragging his ass out of bed at 4am six mornings a week to go to work. If he was stumbling in drunk at 3am six days a week, I would be a lot more annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    but paper thin rental do walls suck. one of the pro’s for home ownership among the negatives
    I own a place in a townhome complex. Has the same issue Glademaster describes. Neighbor on one side is a night owl often having showers 2am or later. I'm sure I take showers at times that annoy them. Not a big deal.

I get more annoyed at the neighbors behind who hang out all the time on their balcony with music and conversations going. They have every right to do it but I can hear every word of their inane conversations if I have my patio door open. It's like getting perpetually stuck sitting at a bar next to someone you have no interest in talking to who won't shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    my decibel meter reads between 65 and 70 in my bedroom.
    So, I have some questions...

Is that dB meter a permanent thing in your bedroom?

Why's it there?

What's the loudest it has ever registered there, and from what?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Why's it there?

All fair questions. Nope, it's a handheld device. I primarily use it at work to determine if builders are in compliance with regulations regarding noise levels, or if they'll have to install acoustic panels at the property lines.

I was curious about whether I was just a very light sleeper/particularly sound sensitive in the wee hours, or if the shower/plumbing was as loud as it seemed.

I haven't ever tried for a "high score" on it, but soil nailing/driven pile foundation work would be high on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Why's it there?

I figured it was an Apple Watch haha!

Thanks for helping my cause of putting weed whacker guy here instead of Shit that Annoys you. It’s his yard. It could be worse, like nextdoor shower guy.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

On the flip side, 4am shower guy is responsible for me snagging a pair of Stocklis I've been lusting after since I was in high school from Gear Swap. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Stormriders?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Stormriders?

Yeah, the Scot Schmidt model. There are an uncomfortable number of "SS's" on them for a Swiss product. They're a great choice for the Alps, but they produced mixed results in the Caucasus. Feedback on how they performed in the Urals must have gotten lost in the mail. Heh.

I had a pair of the Dominque Perret ones from like 2005 they were burly as fuck.

Dead pets in the stoke thread.
    Sorry about your l'il pals. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I had a pair of the Dominque Perret ones from like 2005 they were burly as fuck.
    Yeah, the DP's were a direct descendant of the Asteroid. The Schmidt's are a bit narrower underfoot and a bit softer than the DP's. I bet the pair I grabbed were stiffer when they were new, but they seem like they'll be a ton of fun. It's been 5-6 years since I've skied on anything narrower than 108mm underfoot, so it will be nice to be on something <90mm again.

Big Xmas decoration displays at Lowe’s yesterday. I should expect it by now...but almost 3 months before Xmas?

Big Xmas decoration displays at Lowe’s yesterday. I should expect it by now...but almost 3 months before Xmas?
    They need El Caganer.

New truck has nowhere to stuff empty beer cans.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    New truck has nowhere to stuff empty beer cans.
    It doesn't have windows?

ha

Where is the original “Things that annoy you” Thread? I searched.
    Anyhoo, how about how difficult it is to access the HDMI and optical connectors on a wall mounted TV. Had to get my 13 y.o. to do it...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You all annoy me.
    Punks like you make me want to vomit

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Where is the original “Things that annoy you” Thread? I searched.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ys-you/page806

psst,
    Search JONG