Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    I was behind a car today that had its wipers on when it was bone dry. No rain, no mist, dry roads. I just about lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I was behind a car today that had its wipers on when it was bone dry. No rain, no mist, dry roads. I just about lost it.
    If wipers on in dry weather gets you that worked up I hate to think how you deal with people who leave their turn signals on.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If wipers on in dry weather gets you that worked up I hate to think how you deal with people who leave their turn signals on.
    Actually not as much. You can forget your turn signal is on, so I'll give them some leeway. I don't know how you can't notice your wipers are on on a dry windshield.

I read the AD's response as a PTSD symptom to the holiday stress.
    Seek help AD, you are not alone!

Actually not as much. You can forget your turn signal is on, so I'll give them some leeway. I don't know how you can't notice your wipers are on on a dry windshield.
    Watching their phone?

You'd have to notice them, they were probably broken somehow and wouldn't go off.

That reminds me. The turn signal beeper has gotten too damn quiet and the turn signal light hides behind the steering wheel when I'm comfortable. Really annoys me.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    That reminds me. The turn signal beeper has gotten too damn quiet and the turn signal light hides behind the steering wheel when I'm comfortable. Really annoys me.
    Check your hearing aid?

Probably should get one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You'd have to notice them, they were probably broken somehow and wouldn't go off.
    This.

AD - was it a Ford?

The one in my f150 is loud AF. I should see if you can change that in forscan.

Fact is, where I live no one pays attention to my turn signal when I use it to signal a turn anyway. And 90% of the drivers on the road never signal. Turn signals are getting to be as useful as teats on a bull.

mmmmm.....bull teats.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This.

AD - was it a Ford?
    Ha ha. Some kind of minivan I think.

Fact is, where I live no one pays attention to my turn signal when I use it to signal a turn anyway. And 90% of the drivers on the road never signal. Turn signals are getting to be as useful as teats on a bull.
    I picked up some LED bulbs for my turn signals recently, and hot damn, people sure pay attention to my turn signals now. They're staggeringly bright -- they light up the faces of the people in the car behind me through my rearview mirror when they're on. Stellar upgrade. Even if your face is buried in your phone, these things are going to get your attention.

So YOU"RE the guy who makes my view at night look like an out of focus warp speed scene in a Star Trek movie through my cataracts. Thanks and good luck. Keep your air bag on.

FWIW, I've been told at a stop light that "I saw your signal but it is MY lane you wanted to merge into". I was told by a local that it's been a PNW thing since the 60's.

So YOU"RE the guy who makes my view at night look like an out of focus warp speed scene in a Star Trek movie through my cataracts. Thanks and good luck. Keep your air bag on.

FWIW, I've been told at a stop light that "I saw your signal but it is MY lane you wanted to merge into". I was told by a local that it's a PNW thing.
    Unlikely, since I only upgraded my rear turn signals to those super bright bulbs. Fronts and all of my headlight bulbs are stock, because I know how obnoxious that is.

I'm annoyed with myself because I'm having some major anxiety about a hut trip I leave for at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow. It should be a blast, and the antithesis of annoying, but the risk exposure is rubbing me the wrong way right now.

FWIW, I've been told at a stop light that "I saw your signal but it is MY lane you wanted to merge into". I was told by a local that it's been a PNW thing since the 60's.
    They let people buy lanes where you live? That's cool. Wish we had that.

They let people buy lanes where you live? That's cool. Wish we had that.
    Interested. What do they go for?

Nada. First come, first served.

we do have adopt a highway, but I think all that gets you is a chance to pick up the trash.

we do have adopt a highway, but I think all that gets you is a chance to pick up the trash.
    Or repaint the lane lines like Kramer did on Seinfeld...

I have a couple local real estate agents who mail out notepads a couple times a year with their info on them. Good marketing idea. One of them got really smart and pre-drew a bunch of lame doodles on his face with the caption "beat ya to it!" It shouldn't, but that annoyed me.

doing an online chat with chewy.com, and the person on the other end types the following in response to statements/questions:
    Thank you for that, one moment while I pounce onto your account.
    and
    Abso-woofly!
    and
    I hope you and your furry family have a great day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Person(s) who order vodka soda at a dive bar.