Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    One newest coffee place (of 5) in our small hood only serves in glass coffee cups/mugs and it's fucking annoying but I guess it shouldn't be

My mason jar has a coozy around it. It's my go to water glass.

It’s stupid hot in Seattle for ‘spring’
    [record breaking]

It was crazy hot in sf the last couple of days which annoyed me because I like the heat but it was too hot. So I guess I am annoyed at being annoyed but shouldn't by either. Now I'm annoyed by the fog.

allergies so bad i can hardly breathe working out

LOL!! From a FB post a friend in HR sent me. Already 78 here in W2, gonna be another hot one:

Good morning, neighbors! Amazing things happened yesterday! Hood River hit a new record high of 96 degrees, which is hot as fuck, but not fucking hot. See, hot as fuck is 95-100 and fucking hot is anything over 100. Aren't you glad we cleared that up right off the bat this morning?

Speaking of this morning, it was 71 degrees at HOXO when I woke up at 5:30, which officially qualifies as a fucking warm morning. Today's record high-low was 62, so we blew that one out of the water. Speaking of blowing and water, today, Thursday, is going to be a windy one. We'll see strong afternoon westerlies all the way from Stevenson to Arlington. Actually, the average wind speed will closely mirror the temperature in Celsius. I'll let you do the math on all that.

Much cooler air moves in tonight and Friday morning for a 20 degree drop in the low temperature. You'll once again be able to use the Gorge as your air conditioner. If you'd like to use the Gorge as your gym, nuking westerlies will be present. 'The Gorge is my Gym' is a TM of … me! No porta-potty transport tomorrow. Speaking of the glorious portable shitcan, I saw a couple for sale in Odell a few days ago. You could have your own to tow around behind your car to test wind speeds!

On to the weekend: warm and windy. Mork and Mindy. Great weekend to play outside. Terrible weekend to stay inside watching 1970's sitcoms. The Dalles has something called the Hops and Hogs fest. Lots of BBQ stands will be set up, and you will be required to hop like a bunny between them in order to procure your next sample of pork. If you're one of those folks who really enjoys a good meal, make sure you join the “Dad Bod Run” at Shortt Supply on Saturday morning at 9:30. Safe travels. -TATAS

p.s. Like this forecast? Find it helpful? Please support the time and energy I put into it by donating or subscribing: Thank you!! https://temira_0.gr8.com/

Here's our outlook for today:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Cat sneaking into my usually Swiss vault-like secured, locked down bedroom and pissing in 4.5 different spots....'cause, well, I guess he thought it was a special occasion since he hasn't visited the room for over 5 years since extreme lockdown measures were instituted. Prolly thought he'd make the most of it. Momentary lapse of reason on my part...door wasn't latched, cat busted in while i was outta da house.

I shouldn't be annoyed 'cause he's a male cat and that's just what they do, right?

grumble, grumble....
    Master of mediocrity.

i think temira is pretty well-liked from what i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

You are aware it's the middle of June, right? Contrary to revisionist history, it gets hot in the summer.

George Carlin said it best when he quipped, "if you don't like the weather where you are now, MOVE!"

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Cat sneaking into my Swiss vault-like secured, locked down bedroom and pissing in 4.5 different spots....'cause, well, I guess he thought it was a special occasion since he hasn't visited the room for over 5 years since extreme lockdown measures were instituted. Prolly thought he'd make the most of it. Momentary lapse of reason on my part...door wasn't latched, cat busted in while i was outta da house.

I shouldn't be annoyed 'cause he's a male cat and that's just what they do, right?

grumble, grumble....
    Sometimes they have no other way to express their displeasure.

I have a friend whose cat would go in his room and pee on something that smelled like him (a dirty work shirt tossed on the floor etc.) after he'd been away and come back. I think he was saying "I don't like it when you go away" or maybe he thought by marking things that smelled like him he wouldn't go. Who knows but now he too keeps his bedroom door shut. Cat does not pee anywhere else.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You are aware it's the middle of June, right? Contrary to revisionist history, it gets hot in the summer.

George Carlin said it best when he quipped, "if you don't like the weather where you are now, MOVE!"
    True, we've been elevated the last couple days but not too far off our average and we've had days in between when it's been quite cool. Some places were at or near freezing for their lows last week.

Come June I just expect it to get hot and stay that way through September. I've been beat down by the heat over here and don't fight it anymore though I still do dream of a nice marine layer every once in a while and of course those beautiful rhodys and ferns that I miss so. At least we still have evergreens and lilacs. Oooh and Oregon Grape - love that stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sometimes they have no other way to express their displeasure.
    The displeasure could be due to the fact that number 2 didn't get his morning treat of minced, fresh avocado (he rejects over ripe browned material...just like humans do).

More likely, it's just simple territorial pissings...we have two of 'em...twin bros from the same litter.

Okay, not annoyed anymore...here's the offender lying within arm's reach while i'm doin' the tgr-ing...they're just so damn cute.

Name:  64676602_458945788236501_7642828590232371200_n.png
Views: 375
Size:  539.8 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

Not many smells are worse than cat piss. This definitely should be in the annoying thread not here regardless of the cats exculpatory justifications. Also, start streaming Jason Galaxy. He seems to be able to resolve every cat issue ever. And buy a gallon of anti-IckyPoo. That stuff will take care of the piss smell pretty as good as possible

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not many smells are worse than cat piss. This definitely should be in the annoying thread not here regardless of the cats exculpatory justifications. Also, start streaming Jason Galaxy. He seems to be able to resolve every cat issue ever. And buy a gallon of anti-IckyPoo. That stuff will take care of the piss smell pretty as good as possible
    Thnx for the pro tips!
    Master of mediocrity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1560449969.342298.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	462.2 KB 
ID:	285718
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Things that annoy you but shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Fat people
    So you hate all Red Sox fans
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Seattle beat it's record temp for yesterday by about 10 degrees.

It's getting hotter and dryer in Summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ontario drivers. To be fair I was visiting Ontario, so it's really my problem, not theirs. The GTA is one ginormous CF. I hate the 401 with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Cat sneaking into my usually Swiss vault-like secured, locked down bedroom and pissing in 4.5 different spots....
    Despite my better judgement I'm curious about the .5. He didn't have much left? Changed his mind? Or you caught him, or what?

June monsoon around here is extended this week.
    watch out for snakes

I could get used to a summer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Rain was nice to hear last night.
    It was. Maybe we'll get a year off from the late summer wildfire smoke invasion this year?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It was. Maybe we'll get a year off from the late summer wildfire smoke invasion this year?
    I fear not

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

GIR spatulas. They are really good. My initial purchase seems to be holding up well. So I just dropped $43 in more product. Safe cooking can get expensive.
    I see hydraulic turtles.