Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't have have kids, but I heard there's plenty of private schools that don't scare your children with fairy tales or molest them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Not to get off onto too big a tangent here, but the scary part is that priests are probably not statistically more likely to be abusers than the general population. .
    You sure about that? Men denying their own biological needs for normal sexual relationships doesn't increase deviant behaviors?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You sure about that? Men denying their own biological needs for normal sexual relationships doesn't increase deviant behaviors?

I find the logic more convincing that dropping mandatory celibacy for priests would change the mix of the applicant pool, and I'm all in favor of it.

Empirically, the only research I've seen on the subject failed to reject the null that the Church employs more pervs than other professions. Of course, one would expect it to employ fewer if the clergy were actually celibate. I'm open to changing my mind on the subject, and I think it's under-researched.

To me, that's mostly an eye-opener to how many touchers are out there in general, not any sort of excuse for the behavior of the Church.

It's the cover-up that's disgusting. Well,and their attitude towards women, family planning, sexuality, etc etc etc
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

More likely those already prone to abuse are attracted to Catholic priesthood because there is no need to maintain a more typical double life. Same reason it was always an attractive cover for normal non-pedophile gay men. But, abusers are also drawn to all professions where they have access to kids.

Maggot in the Catholic church

I don't think the priests are pervs when they decide to sign up. I think over the years the increasing unsatisfied hornyness and close private contact with those hot 8yr old boys gives them a boner.

I don't think the priests are pervs when they decide to sign up. I think over the years the increasing unsatisfied hornyness and close private contact with those hot 8yr old boys gives them a boner.

That's probably some of it but everything I've heard, read or seen myself as a catholic leads me to believe that Dan is a lot closer to the mark. Celibacy doesn't make priests gay or pedophiles, plenty of priests break their vows the old-fashioned way with women as well. I know of two priests who left the priesthood to marry women and the priest who baptized me left the priesthood when I was in HS because he wanted to have a life with his gay partner. I think the vow of celibacy is a pretty much BS but I don't think it's creating pedophiles out of thin air.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    ...the priest who baptized me left the priesthood when I was in HS because we wanted to have a life with his gay partner.
    Wait, what?

As far as absolute numbers, I don't have any at all. I do have an impression that priests are generally twisted, but no data. I grew up as Catholic as you can be (well I never bought into it, I could tell you stories about that) in an Irish Catholic family in and near Boston with a devout mother who went to church every day in her later years, and I've known a lot of priests. None of them molested me, but most of them creeped me out in one way or another. I tend to think you need to be a freak to say okay I love God so I'm never gonna fuck a woman. It's not normal. The guys who agree to that deal aren't normal. I think we can agree on that much.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wait, what?
    It's far from unheard of.

The couple who led the marriage retreat I went on to get married in the church were a priest and a nun who left their jobs to get their fuck on (and marry each other).

The priest who said mass when my kid was baptized (not my usual parish priest) was an obviously gay guy who left his job in Broadway theater for the seminary mid-life.

As Iceman pointed out, you've got to be a bit of an odd duck to sign up for the celibacy thing. Probably better if they drop that requirement.

It's far from unheard of.
    Read it again. I'm pretty sure he meant to type "he" not "we".

But hey who knows?

edit: he came behind and edited it without copping to one of the funniest typos ever. Boo, sir! I say Boo! to you. What I quoted is the original text.

When the priest told us sixth grade boys about some boys who were looking at dirty magazines and the earth opened and dropped them into the fires of hell, I didn't buy it.

The priest who told the story was the center of gossip when he retired to his fishing cottage with the woman that helped run the parish.
    Last edited by wooley12; 09-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I tend to think you need to be a freak to say okay I love God so I'm never gonna fuck a woman. It's not normal. The guys who agree to that deal aren't normal. I think we can agree on that much.
    The technical term is selection bias.

Probably better if they drop that requirement.
    It's basically unconscionable in the modern age. Not quite as unconscionable as the prohibition against contraceptives, but not far behind. The Young Pope was a good lesson in just how seriously fucking weird the Catholic church is.

The number of RC's in the world has doubled while the number of priests has stayed the same. The current pope is moving (glacially as always) to a more liberal view of running the church but there is a lot of very conservative opposition. Like conservatives, they don't play always fair.

Read it again. I'm pretty sure he meant to type "he" not "we".

But hey who knows?

edit: he came behind and edited it without copping to one of the funniest typos ever. Boo, sir! I say Boo! to you. What I quoted is the original text.
    The smallest typos make the biggest difference. I knew someone was gonna catch before I did.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Good stats here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tipplin...eneral-public/

Catholic Church can fuck right off
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    The smallest typos make the biggest difference. I knew someone was gonna catch before I did.
    ha I knew it was just silly but thanks for owning it

Regrettably this song was written before the child-rape scandal broke.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

As a life long Catholic and parochial school alum, I've found myself becoming more disgusted with the Church and the Son of a Bitch running the Vatican.

TBH the Orthodox Church probably has it right and adheres closest to the actual source material.

Never had any molestation issues at my parish growing up, but a few cases of Chroal Directors/Youth Group leaders having inappropriate interactions with some teenage girls or flamboyantly coming out the closet and leaving the church.

Its time for Catholic priests to be able to get married... It will weed out the pedos and restore the sanctity of the church .

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    As a life long Catholic and parochial school alum, I've found myself becoming more disgusted with the Church and the Son of a Bitch running the Vatican.

TBH the Orthodox Church probably has it right and adheres closest to the actual source material.

Never had any molestation issues at my parish growing up, but a few cases of Chroal Directors/Youth Group leaders having inappropriate interactions with some teenage girls or flamboyantly coming out the closet and leaving the church.

Its time for Catholic priests to be able to get married... It will weed out the pedos and restore the sanctity of the church .
    Go back to Russia or put a bullet in your head. No one here likes you.

200 married priests now. We had one at my last parish. More to follow is my guess unless the conservative "ISIS" wing of the church find a way to get rid of the pope.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The “Orthodox “ Church? Which one? The Greek, the OCA, the Russian Patriarchal, Serbian, Syrian....
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

That makes absolutely no sense, troll.