Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Lawn mowers

Lawn mowers

I have two old Honda mowers. When one wouldn’t start I took a chance on cheap replacement carb from Amazon. $15. Took 5 minutes to bolt it on. Runs like a champ again now.

Just ordered an Ego self propelled electric mower. I will post back with impressions soon.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I've pushmowed an acre of fescue since 1998 in the deep south / 100 degree & high humity because I'm way to fuckin cheep to pay someone. and because I'm outta the house and not bein blamed for something.

So in my expereince craftsman = crap. Had a toro-Techumseh and that was the shit. I got 10 years of weekly use otta that thing. so then I bought another toro this time with kohler. kohler was a piece of shit. the carb would rust out litterally in a month. the manufacturer wouldn't honor nuthn cryin "ethanol enthanol" and it'd did'nt matter what addative or how much went in. so fuck toro's.

went troy built from the blue guys three years ago (B&S I beleive) and it has been the shit so far. Starts / works / never complains. so that's my $.02.
    Thanks for the heads up on the latest generation of Toro. Still rocking a 10 year old toro, not sure what model. I'll take a hard pass on anything that says Kohler rather than going there if that's what Toro is next time I need a new mower.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the latest generation of Toro. Still rocking a 10 year old toro, not sure what model. I'll take a hard pass on anything that says Kohler rather than going there if that's what Toro is next time I need a new mower.
    The ONLY lawnmower manufacturer that makes it own engines are Honda and MTD, MTD engines are cheap pieces of Chinese shit.

Blaming Toro or Craftsman for a non running mower is like blaming the bull dog hood ornament on a Mac truck for the accident.

Any engine that uses an automatic choke, just pull to start with no manual priming or choking, is far more susceptible to hard starting because of the shitty corn gas we're forced into using.

Toro, as do most manufacturers, outsource the engine. If you purchase a GOOD Toro, $600 (ish) & up, you will get a much better engine, usually.

If you run ethanol fuel in ANY engine that has a carburetor, you're a moron. Stabilizer is ALWAYS a must with any fuel.

I bought an 80 volt Kobalt battery powered last year and dig it, no fucking around with gas or oil, lighter. I bought the matching leaf blower as well and it’s held up to a lot of use clearing off my rather large lot at the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just ordered an Ego self propelled electric mower. I will post back with impressions soon.
    We bought an ego a couple of years ago and it's a nice mower. We have a small lot so we can go 3-4 mowings between charges. Works much better than the Neuton mower it replaced. I like how it senses how much cutting power is needed and ramps the power up or down. Even does a great job mulching leaves in the fall.

So after 4 (5?) years with the Cub Cadet RWD mower the motor is giving me a hard time. It runs for a few minutes then gets hot and shuts off. I let it cool down for a minute or two then it starts right back up again but it's added ~1/2 hour to the job and that's just no good. Looks like time for an electric and be done with all the BS that gas mowers entail. It sux that the good 60 and 80 volt models are so pricey...

Have you cleaned out filters? Grass and debris can clog the air intakes and make things run hot

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Blaming Toro or Craftsman for a non running mower is like blaming the bull dog hood ornament on a Mac truck for the accident.
    Well I disagree. The godamn thing says "TORO" on it. I depend on "TORO" to do thier homework. When they don't they need to own up to it like a man. that's why I (used to) pay 2x (to TORO) the cost of that chinese POS.

BTW the B&S troy chinese POS is going strong. Bought 03/14/14 and abused the hell out of it since. You have a good day.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I have two old Honda mowers. When one wouldn’t start I took a chance on cheap replacement carb from Amazon. $15. Took 5 minutes to bolt it on. Runs like a champ again now.
    What a good idea

I paid 50$ to have mine rebuilt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums