PSA: DPS 120 Spoons $718

Appears to still be live on steep and cheap. All sizes.

http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-ca.../DPK0003-CARBL
    Uno mas

Thanks for the heads up! Been waiting for a sale on these. 197s coming my way.

I love my 120s.... such a fun ski in 3d snow.. and it still can be put on edge on the way back to the lift.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Still up for another 9 mins at least. It keeps cycling and putting them up again.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

permalink here : http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-ca...and=DPS%20Skis.

You shouldn't have to wait for them to rotate onto the live screen.

Thanks for this! Impulse bought a pair of 178s. I've been wanting something in the 115-120 size range, and was going to go with a GPO because these are so criminally expensive, but these are nearly the same price as pre-order sale and available now.

The 178 spoon is the biggest little ski I've ever used. Foot rockets I believe Doremite may have dubbed them.

Supremely maneuverable and capable

For any Canuck mags that want to save on some shipping, MntLion is selling his pair.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The 178 spoon is the biggest little ski I've ever used. Foot rockets I believe Doremite may have dubbed them.

Supremely maneuverable and capable
    Yeah, they're going to be pure touring ski, so didn't want to go up to 189. I have a pair of 192 Lotus 138s that are a blast to ski, but they're a bit porky and the length is unpleasant if I'm doing a ton of skinning kick turns (stumpy legs).

PSA: DPS 120 Spoons $718

Foot missiles, TC, which I believe are even faster than rockets. 0 days on 'em so far this season sadly. Way more nimble than a 122mm waist would lead one to think and, while shining brightest in 3D snow, absolutely slay soft groomers. Killer ski.
    Uno mas

^^heh

Got two days on mine, both of the pow days at the loaf. So much winning

Thanks for this heads-up. I got out on them yesterday for the first time and holy hell are they fun. "Foot missiles" is 100% accurate, and I agree with most everything in the main review thread. They make going super fast feel very safe, are crazy maneuverable in trees for their size. Surprisingly damp for how light they are and don't get too deflected in heavy, track-out snow. They really do feel akin to a lightweight Billy Goat to the point where I may just ski this inbounds and out on powder days. I'm guessing the only place the Billy Goat is substantially superior is on days like today, when everything is totally tracked out with deep, heavy crud.

Their lightness makes it even easier to scrub speed than with the BGs though. And it feels great to do 15 or 16 powder runs and barely feel it in the legs, which is definitely not the case with BGs.

Right on. Ski is fantastic. Booked a mid April trip to UT so may actually be able to pull the summer wax off mine this season.... Maybe
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Right on. Ski is fantastic. Booked a mid April trip to UT so may actually be able to pull the summer wax off mine this season.... Maybe
    You up for a tour?

^ tbd. My backcountry gear a bit of a shit show right now. Plenty of gear but too many skis and too many unmatching skins. Staying w criscam in Sandy under the outside chance you know each other through the Wasatch conditions thread.
    Uno mas

^ tbd. My backcountry gear a bit of a shit show right now. Plenty of gear but too many skis and too many unmatching skins. Staying w criscam in Sandy under the outside chance you know each other through the Wasatch conditions thread.
    Heh, nope, they don't know each other at all.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

^Last time I saw you was in a Soli lot rager ~5 seasons ago?? Hope all is well.
    Uno mas

I got a pair of 189's L120 Spoons I might be willing to split with if any of you are on the fence. Haven't even skied them in the last two seasons so they only have 15ish days of mostly touring use. Currently inserted for Beast16's -1 for a 314 bsl and a previous plugged mount for Dyna Verticals +1.5 for a 319 bsl. Bases are clean as is the top sheet. I may be convinced to part with the B16's if the price is fair. How does $450 shipped for the skis flat sound? I can nab some photos if any of you are interested.

I think I've heard of him.

I'll guide for a glass of Hill Farmstead.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I think I've heard of him.

I'll guide for a glass of Hill Farmstead.
    You've been outed! Hope to see you while I am out there. Will hopefully bring out some dank beers.
    Uno mas