Head Turbine 125 Mounting?

Bought some head Turbine 125 this spring and mounted them 8cm behind the center line marked on the sidewall. I measured their center mark which is 2cm in front of the ski length center and then measured the center of the contact length which lined up with the ski length center and felt pretty comfortable with my mount. When I hit the hill they float like mad, couldn't sink them but I was constantly in the back seat and on the flats and groomers I couldn't get far enough forward. I contacted Head and they recommended a 3cm for a 181 and 4cm for a 191 back from sidewall marked scale. I hate drilling holes especially as moving the binding that far will leave uncovered holes near the heel where I've snapped skis (folded) in the past. Anyone had any experience with mounts on these newer heads? I'm usually at the rearmost line on most skis and put a fair amount of tip pressure on skis compared to the average joe. I'm generally a ride the sidecut type of guy although I grew up with straight skis and 30M turn radius I now prefer a ski around 20M as I've gotten older and lazier.
    Driving to Targhee

I went -1.5cm from the furthest back line on my 191 boneshakers, and -1cm on my 191 venturi's, both mounts seem good.

I got the run around from Head but they finally came through with an e-mail response.

We recommend 3 cm back for a 181cm. if you like a centered feel. Otherwise you could take the mounting point to 4 cm back from the indicated center mark

I went 4cm forward from my 8cm (rearmost mark) to 4CM behind center. I was worried as I don't like center mounted skis but the 4cm change made a massive improvement in this ski. Still floats great without getting back on the ski and pivots so much better. Not great on groomers but entirely manageable to make a carved turn on soft groomers. FYI, this is an extremely light ski for the girth in a non-touring specific ski. Both on the scale and on the snow.
    Driving to Targhee

I mounted my A Stars 1cm back from recommended. That was just from looking at the ski and giving them the ol eyeball. Recommended seemed way forward almost went -2 but I am very happy with them where they are at. Sick ski that can rip super tight lines and bumps but still hold on to a high speed run out thru chop. Tips can dive in deeper upside down pow if the slope isn't very steep.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Have anything to say about how they ski now that you have them dialed in?

Also curious on what the side profile looks like/how much rocker-camber....
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Have anything to say about how they ski now that you have them dialed in?
    Picked up some from Ptex, curious too.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I skied the 181 from a couple years ago and thought they were basically a better EP Pro. Softer than most "race" brand big skis, and a good rocker/sidecut profile. Soft enough to be playful with the rocker profile low enough that they don't get thrown around.

I wanted to try the 191 but decided I wouldn't ever ski something that big when I have Bent Chets on my wall.

-3 on 18x and -4 on 19x seems to be the standard on the collective, cyclic and turbine. On the 191, -4 makes for a lot of tail; -5 might be the sweet spot.

Good stuff thanks. So is there a recommended line or are those measurements back from center?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Good stuff thanks. So is there a recommended line or are those measurements back from center?
    My 191's have a center mark, then a 'R' mark at -6 from center.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.