Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Going to Hurricane this weekend with plans for Jem and Dead Ringer. For shuttling those, does it save any time to take Sheep Bridge Rd over to 59 or are you better off taking the highway the whole way around?

Unrelated to your last question, but the Klonzo trails (off Willow Springs just south of Sovereign) are great for little rippers. Way more fun than Bar-M.

Also, the lowest stuff on Klondike...Dino-Flow and the mineral-named trails to the west are also awesome for the little ones. We go there with kids and take turns sending adults up to the higher trails while some stay with the kids down low. Good times.

nice dude! came in to say the north klondike trails en route to Mobe are right up your alley. looks like your little ripper had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Going to Hurricane this weekend with plans for Jem and Dead Ringer. For shuttling those, does it save any time to take Sheep Bridge Rd over to 59 or are you better off taking the highway the whole way around?
    looks like you'll have to do 2 laps.. one of each and report back

Fruita was fun, but Hurricane FTW.

Nice work dad! Little rippers

Which trails are those, if I missed it?
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Jem and Dead Ringer

Jem and Dead Ringer
    Worthwhile for adults? I've only ever ridden Little Creek and Gooseberry in Hurricane.

For sure. You can put together a 20ish mile loop with Jem/DR, hurricane rim and Goulds rim that sounds pretty sweet.

Did you access Jem from the Springdale side?
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Did you access Jem from the Springdale side?
    Yes. Pretty easy from 9 or 59 though, just depends on where you're staying.

Fall bump. The boy and I are heading to Moab next weekend. Planning to hit Bartlett Wash and Dino Flow for sure. If any one wants to hook up for some riding and camping let me know. It would be fun to have another kid along for motivation, and another mature human with a vehicle would open up shuttle options.

Bump for Moab this weekend.

DTM, would def consider if we weren't heading to Fruita next wknd w the fam. Welcome to join then.

I think next weekend is out for us. Good chance we're hitting some desert somewhere the following weekend though.

I've run into you guys at trailside before. Next time I'll say hi!

Upper Getaway in the Mag7 system is a perfect kids DH. Easy shuttle too.

Does anyone know a shuttle service for thunder mountain? I've looked online but struck out. I guess I could leave the kids at the trail head and make it happen, but want to make it as painless as possible to keep them excited.

Thanks,

Upper Getaway in the Mag7 system is a perfect kids DH. Easy shuttle too.
    From the looks of the rippin' Mag 7 itself would be a good call for those boys. Also a pretty easy shuttle. Maybe not the whole thing to the bottom of Gold Bar, but maybe through Arth's Corner or to Gemini Bridges.

They could definitely ride the rest of Getaway down to GB, probably Arth's too. But, from where we stopped it's another 4.5 miles to GB, the trail becomes more pedally with more short climbs, the heat was starting to set in and PFH needed to get back to the wife so it seemed wise to call it good on that particular day. That will be a good goal ride for the fall.

I think we might head to the Swell this wknd and maybe hit up Goodwater. trying to figure out if it'd be better to shuttle or ride out and back. doesn't look overly steep on trailforks other than a few steep (hike a bike?) sections. anyone have more beta?

Wait, are you considering doing the whole Goodwater trail with Colin? One-way it's 15 miles. The grade is as flat as it gets, never more than a few %, but the trail surface is mostly rough and even one-way the whole thing would be a pretty monumental effort for a 7 y.o.

Wait, are you considering doing the whole Goodwater trail with Colin? One-way it's 15 miles. The grade is as flat as it gets, never more than a few %, but the trail surface is mostly rough and even one-way the whole thing would be a pretty monumental effort for a 7 y.o.
    no. was thinking one side or the other. maybe east side. either ride out and back as far as we want starting from one end or shuttle the east side starting from the south end (6.7 miles). hoping to take jameson along as well though. doable? one option better than the other?

Gotcha. Honestly, it's been 4 years since I did it and can't say for sure what the best way would be. I recall the best views being on the west side closer to the Wedge, but really there's great views along the whole thing. The north end/middle is slightly lower than the south ends, about 300 vert lower per my GPS track, so on either side riding S->N is going to be the (slightly) easier direction. I recall most of the trail being rocky enough that Jameson may have a tough time on the 16er.