Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    No doubt if had a couple days with nunthin to do i MIGHT could get through that. but I'm a chickenshit. So, ureka. Call the yami dealer in my tiny hometown see what they charge.

$425.

which is less than tewlve hunned. Just hope the cops don't catch me with no trailer lights.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    No doubt if had a couple days with nunthin to do i MIGHT could get through that. but I'm a chickenshit. So, ureka. Call the yami dealer in my tiny hometown see what they charge.

$425.

which is less than tewlve hunned. Just hope the cops don't catch me with no trailer lights.
    If you really want to save money and not do the actual fork work yourself, see if the shop charges different for a full-bike in vs just the fork legs.

Approx break out:

Seals: $50 leg (oil seal & wiper)
    Fork oil: $25
    Labor: 1-2 hours
    + maybe bushings and misc parts

I can get forks serviced around here for about $100 labor + parts, off bike IIRC

^ I'm fine iwth 425. not fine with 1.2k. thanks just the same!
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Vfr is a great idea. 800 or 1200?
    Check the dry weight. 800 is 60 pounds lighter. Long touring or sport touring?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Check the dry weight. 800 is 60 pounds lighter. Long touring or sport touring?
    I’ve always liked my sport tour. My k1200gt was a beast. And I like Cruise control.

I may hunt for an older k bike. Flying bricks are just sweet. I actually. Regret not going with a k1200s, a k1300s would be sick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is what can happen when your bike goes down on you at 1 mph turning around on deep gravel and grass.

We'll see how fucked I am tomorrow, mobility is out of the question.

That is with full race leathers and pads. Those aren't lacerations.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^

Low speed turning kicks my ass sometimes...or fairly often...especially on gravel. GWS.

We'll see if I have a shoulder left.
    I can say that ride home takes the cake for pain tolerance.

Yikes, hope that heals up ok MTM!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I may hunt for an older k bike. Flying bricks are just sweet. I actually. Regret not going with a k1200s, a k1300s would be sick.
    I had a K1200s for 8 yrs. That engine was sublime. Had an electric motor feel to it. They did like to weep oil from the cam cover after a while but it was a easy fix.

I'm not sure if it was any lighter than your GT version but that bike had a kick in third gear like no other I have ridden. You could drop it into 3rd at 35 mph and blast to 90 in a blink. Try that in a sportbike with chain drive and you would wheelie to the moon.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Whoa. Damn i've been lucky. about 16k miles over 7 years and not a scratch (on road, some interstate).
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Whoa. Damn i've been lucky. about 16k miles over 7 years and not a scratch (on road, some interstate).
    I've been riding for 30. Same same. Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That is cool. I had no idea.

I never rode more than a 750. Always wondered how to lift those big ass bikes.
    Yeah, that is cool. I had an 1100, but only 500+/- lbs. I dumped it once and didn't even think about picking it up because I was so pissed with the adrenaline pumping it just ended back on two wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've been riding for 30. Same same. Shit happens.
    Yeah, slow turns are a bitch.

This is NH dumbass drivers test to get your motorcyle license. I cannot believe they still do it this way...granted vid is 2011. But it was the same in 1984! The dudes on Harleys were fucked! One guy dumped it. I was on a torquey 550 inline 4 which was fine, but it was just dumb! In the one short straight section you have to go from 1st, to 2nd, back to 1st then stop. My friend used my bike to take the test and squealed the tire downshifting to 1st and locked them up to stop in time. I was laughing my ass off. He nailed it but a bit fast. They passed him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdsEfgJPRkg

I had a plain '90 K75. It was smooth and a total blast. I flogged it coast to coast once. I sometimes wish that I had had a K100.

I took my road test on a Vespa I borrowed just for the occasion.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

When I took my test in the 80s you had to do 2 full lock lefts to a figure 8 into 2 locked rights.

In traffic.
    It took me 3 tries because cars kept coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Started looking into electric dirt bikes recently as it seems like a great application. Altas are well-reviewed but the company imploded last year and future support may be unlikely. The KTM Freeride E-XC appears to be the only true dirt bike for sale but it's not quite full-size. The Sur-ron X is reviewed well but somewhere between a dirt bike and mountain bike. Anyone with experience?

KTM Freeride E-XC
    ]
    The Beta Cross Trainer might be worth looking at too

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I took my road test on a Vespa I borrowed just for the occasion.
    Me too, just not borrowed. My first bike was a 1978 P125E.

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    The Beta Cross Trainer might be worth looking at too
    Also the Sherco x ride. Lots of Youtube comparison. While nice and quiet, electric bikes have limited range and that is a deal breaker for me.

Not to get too weird about this but for me part of the appeal is straddling an internal combustion engine. The sound and vibrations are part of the experience, not just the ride.

That said I'd love to ride some of the newer, sportier e-bikes coming out. It could be a game changer for MX too. All the torque whenever you want it, plus near zero lag and soooo much lighter. Could change the X-Games MXcross fundamentally.

^ shifting gears. the automatics just seem dorky, like getta scooter.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Not to get too weird about this but for me part of the appeal is straddling an internal combustion engine. The sound and vibrations are part of the experience, not just the ride.
    I tried to explain this to a couple of my wife's friends who ride horses that they can get the same clitoral stimulation from a bike without the hassle and expense of keeping a horse. They claim its not the same.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The smell's different, duh.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Amazeballs chase. It’s long, but there’s a lot going on. The cop’s a pretty good rider, persistent too. The passenger deserves some credit - or something - for not bailing.

At least 19 minutes of flow right there. May watch again.

This beast is on display at EuroCycles in Vegas. That's a Ferrari V- eight engine. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200602_154212.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	330678

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.