Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    the root 'kapota' means pigeon in sanskrit, added to asana for pose. Whole different posture when you add in the raja [king] then the eka pada [one legged]. Regular kapotasana is a bitch- start kneeling, then reaching both arms over your head as you lean back until your [not my] elbows are on the ground and you're grabbing for your heels, kind of tucking your head between your feet. Like a resting pigeon maybe?
    I was just gonna say that.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    My Astro van. Love the adventures I've had in it, hate that it is giving me such maintenance headaches.

Thinking it will be replaced soon by something built by the Japanese.
    Fuckin Chevy's
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Shit they stopped making Astros in '05, it's at least 10 years old, some major maintenance shouldn't be unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shit they stopped making Astros in '05, it's at least 10 years old, some major maintenance shouldn't be unexpected.
    Some major maintenance is fine. But after looking at a bunch of similar aged / similar mile Japanese SUVs this past week, I'm beginning to understand the differences in build quality and how 'underbuilt' the Astro platform is compared to how 'overbuilt' some SUVs are.

Some of this is that I spend a lot of time on fire roads, and chugging up and down the mountains which isn't really what the Astro was designed for. But having to shell out cash because intake manifolds fail by 150K mi (due to Chevy speccing shitty DexCool coolant and less than great gaskets) and replacing idler arms (because these vans eat OEM arms for breakfast because) blows. This is to say nothing of the rattled apart interior and power-everything failing (overhead console, windows, locks).

All that said, I'm still considering another Astro. Because fuck if it isn't the only available AWD platform that gives lots of interior space on the cheap with reasonable clearance.

I had a 1990 Astro AWD, the first year it came out. Man, I loved that thing. I had the short version but it still had tons of room, could haul a bunch of people comfortably, seats all came out for hauling stuff and was great for car camping. Looking back on it, it was kind of a cheesy build but I sure liked it back then. I sold it in 1997 with about 150k on it, prior to it falling completely apart.

Have owned at least 20 Astros/ Safaris over the years for my landscape business and they are the most practical vehicles ever built. They are the only minivan that can pull a full sized landscape trailer that you can also put 6 guys in without a problem. I have run many to 200k of hard miles with no problems. The short wheelbase makes turning around in tight spots a breeze and parts are cheap. They Achilles heal of the Astro vans are the door handles. Pretty much the worst design ever. They have to be replaced every 50k. Down to my final 2 as they quit making them and never replaced them with a rear wheel drive minivan.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Stumpy luv, Ren hate.
    watch out for snakes

Howard Stern,
    Love the interviews. Hate the rest
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

I hate the relationships, of 10 relationships only 2 are with good ends. At one moment, I thought that I found my twin flame, we had the same manifestations, thoughts, emotions, preferences, etc. and at one point I felt that I should make the next step but one problem was that she was married. I didn't want to break her marriage, but I found the right move on twinflamez.net. I spoke with her and I understood that she isn't my twin flame. It is written to me to be alone.
    Last edited by LuciferStarS; 02-26-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Humans
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Fake Tits
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Y'all are slipping...

Spouses. Ya love 'em and hate 'em a minute apart.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I luvs pow skiing and fly fishing so much
    I wish they would die
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm picking up what you're putting down. Agreed.

Cars that are fun

2x - Inside out flat hard backhand return of serve, from ad court as a lefty. Rivals sex when I paint the corner on a rightly who left the station before the serve hits so friggen sure he's got poach bait.
    "Can't you see..."

I don`t like serious relationships and prefer dating with different men.

sounds catfishy.

Is there any love for bots?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    My Astro van. Love the adventures I've had in it, hate that it is giving me such maintenance headaches.

Thinking it will be replaced soon by something built by the Japanese.
    Don’t do it. You’ll regret it. Time for a total rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sign the petition (that is probably going nowhere).
    https://www.change.org/p/general-mot...3-f32c5db6ddee

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is there any love for bots?
    They love you long time.