Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Awesome thanks.
    Wait.

Do you just want blue cruisers?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Wait.

Do you just want blue cruisers?
    Blue hair GILFs with tits on gravity.
    A basin tomorrow. Point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Awesome thanks.

Only partially true. There is a plenty of stuff in Steamboat that is fun - and steep. But you have to find it. Obviously it's not ABasin, but there are short stretches of pretty steep, long stretches of kinda steep and heavily and/or loosely treed which are super fun, and fantastic places to huck yourself off 5-15 foot features.

Also nice: since that stuff is not near the blue groomers, once you get there the lines are usually short. And since some of it is not well known, and you have to take your skis off to get to some, it's not that heavily traveled.

Also, the Boat is phenomenal on a low crowd powder day - which you may get. Good luck! I'll be there this weekend myself.

And yes, despite the fact that I am firmly in the "the steeper the better" camp, I am a Steamboat apologist. I like the place. It ain't Highlands Bowl or Jackson, but it's a damn good time.
    Last edited by beece; 01-21-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Says the guy who skis Eldora. To you Ski Cooper is a steep mtn. Lol
    a) I ski Eldora because I have to, not because I want to (skiing Eldora is better than no skiing, though)
    b) if you think Ski Cooper (not including the new terrain that I haven't yet skied) compares favorably to Eldora in steep terrain, you're delusional

Eldora sucks for a whole host of reasons. Lacking anything steep isn't one of them. It's not ABasin, but Salto Glades compares well to most terrain at most front range resorts.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-21-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Only partially true. There is a plenty of stuff in Steamboat that is fun - and steep. But you have to find it. Obviously it's not ABasin, but there are short stretches of pretty steep, long stretches of kinda steep and heavily and/or loosely treed which are super fun, and fantastic places to huck yourself off 5-15 foot features.

Also nice: since that stuff is not near the blue groomers, once you get there the lines are usually short. And since some of it is not well known, and you have to take your skis off to get to some, it's not that heavily traveled.

Also, the Boat is phenomenal on a low crowd powder day - which you may get. Good luck! I'll be there this weekend myself.

And yes, despite the fact that I am firmly in the "the steeper the better" camp, I am a Steamboat apologist. I like the place. It ain't Highlands Bowl or Jackson, but it's a damn good time.
    Maybe I need you to show me around. I've had some good days there for sure, but don't know it super well and always felt it belonged in the "overrated" category (if you like steep stuff).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am hoping it snows there. Forecast shows that as the most likely spot, hence I'm going. I am from New England and figure Abasin is doable on a shirt trip, steamboat on longer trip.
    And I am going cougar hunting. Currently accepting applications for wingman.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

The glade runs at eldora are just like all the stuff in the indian peaks. Too many trees, terrible snow, and filled with telemarkers. Recipe for a junk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Maybe I need you to show me around. I've had some good days there for sure, but don't know it super well and always felt it belonged in the "overrated" category (if you like steep stuff).
    I'm not sure it even ranks in the "steep stuff" category at all.

But beece is right - there is fun shit at the Boat that isn't flat.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The glade runs at eldora are just like all the stuff in the indian peaks. Too many trees, terrible snow, and filled with telemarkers. Recipe for a junk show.
    and flatter than Ski Cooper apparently. Or is it that you just wanted to take a shot at me?

and flatter than Ski Cooper apparently. Or is it that you just wanted to take a shot at me?
    Nothing is as flat as Ski Cooper. That said - it's possible to have fun there.

Don't get your panties in a wad. You fuck with the dude from NE and I fuck with you. If you can't handle it maybe just take a lap.

I am hoping it snows there. Forecast shows that as the most likely spot, hence I'm going.
    Just out of curiosity... why aren't you going to Utah or Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just out of curiosity... why aren't you going to Utah or Jackson?
    Asking myself the same question but...

Because I have credit on United and bought nonstop Denver tickets months ago for super cheap. I am also going to Silverton which has been a dream of mine for years.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

I am also going to Silverton which has been a dream of mine for years.

Well why the fuck didn't you just start with that?!?!

Anytime! Even if it's just over a beer and a trail map...

Well why the fuck didn't you just start with that?!?!
    It's not on ikon and $200 a day. Don't worry I'll have fun. I did the BOGO on it next week.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

It's not on ikon and $200 a day. Don't worry I'll have fun. I did the BOGO on it next week.

Don't let these guys give you shit. With the snow that's hopefully coming Basin and Boat will both be awesome. It'll be a great trip, though your drive could be interesting after you get in to DIA. Bring provisions.

Haters gonna hate

This place is definitely not Aspen, but if you know where to go you can have fun. The most frequent way I challenge myself is with high-speed tree runs. If you want big cliffs you can find 'em - there just won't be a big in-run and out-run. We do lack sustained steep. The "double black" zones we have are rarely worth it - two lifts and a 1 minute hike for 3 turns and a long traverse out. But the Steamer is definitely a fun place to bounce around, and powder can be easily found all day on all but the busiest pow days. Lines can get brutal too on holidays. But... at least I live in a resort town instead of Denver

Hard to have a bad time at steamboat. Its a great mountain/ski town, gets better snow than the rest of colorado (more like Utah than Colorado) and has tons of acres of sidecountry terrain. Its not super steep, but there's a plethora of good skiing on nice long runs to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    <snip> But... at least I live in a resort town instead of Denver

Steamboat is great. One of the better ski towns in the country, I'd say. Good coverage early in the season. Terrain isn't rad, but it's fun. It's easy to poke around and find untracked. It's not a place I'd fly to to ski year after year, but the place really exceeded my expectation.

I disagree about the double black zones not being worth it. Especially if you skip the Morningside lift and just hike a little further from the frontside lifts.

But definitely ski Abasin too.

Steamboat beta

^x2. Have spent a decent few days there tagging along with my parents who love to visit the place, it’s fun. Cool mini golf zones and some steeper terrain can be found. Not very tracked in hike access terrain IME.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1579803134.542002.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	311983
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-23-2020 at 11:12 AM.

I'll be the contrarian and say skip A-basin and head right for the Boat.

Here's why:
    1) you already have silverton lined up;
    2) this "storm" isn't really going to produce much; but
    3) if it does, you'd be calmly planted in the right place during the right time of the week.

I wouldn't really want to spend the day at A-basin with a couple of fresh, and then hack that drive in any type of storm up to the Boat. I'd just pick up the car in D-town, ease my way into the Boat, and see what shows up from the sky.

Explore the mountain and the town, and if it not to your liking, then head over a little early to A-basin on your way down to Silverton.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'll be the contrarian and say skip A-basin and head right for the Boat.

Here's why:
    1) you already have silverton lined up;
    2) this "storm" isn't really going to produce much; but
    3) if it does, you'd be calmly planted in the right place during the right time of the week.

I wouldn't really want to spend the day at A-basin with a couple of fresh, and then hack that drive in any type of storm up to the Boat. I'd just pick up the car in D-town, ease my way into the Boat, and see what shows up from the sky.

Explore the mountain and the town, and if it not to your liking, then head over a little early to A-basin on your way down to Silverton.
    Thanks. Kind of on the fence but..
    One reason for steamboat is that Abasin is doable on a short trip since it's so close to Denver. I am staying in Golden tonight and then can wake up and have a sunrise drive to steamboat.
    Abasin for 1 day can I wrap my head around it? I've been told to do the drive to steamboat during daylight. So I would have to bail a little early.

Is Abasin way more crowded weekend than midweek? That's something that keeps me wanting to just hit it now.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

For me, I'd follow snow, not terrain.

You can totally ski everything worthwhile at A-Basin in a day.