Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grease stains

Grease stains

I can't seem to get these grease stains out of my ski pants. I tried washing with tech wash but they're still there. Any suggestions on how to clean them out?

Goo gone or another orange citrus cleaner. Wipe on. Take a tooth brush and brush the greasy area. Let soak for a while. Throw in washing machine.

Is it from a chairlift? Some ski areas will clean your garment or give you $$ towards a new one.

No, from some food I was eating while my 4 year old was climbing on me

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Goo gone or another orange citrus cleaner. Wipe on. Take a tooth brush and brush the greasy area. Let soak for a while. Throw in washing machine.
    Thanks, I'll try it. When I re-wash it after all that, should I use tech wash?

Dawn dishwashing liquid. Safe for pretty much all fabrics, and works AWESOME.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Dawn dishwashing liquid. Safe for pretty much all fabrics, and works AWESOME.
    Seriously?

How do I apply it? Toothbrush? Then rinse out?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Thanks, I'll try it. When I re-wash it after all that, should I use tech wash?
    Nah, just normal detergent, rinse twice.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Seriously?

How do I apply it? Toothbrush? Then rinse out?
    Seriously. I just squeeze a few drops on, and then scrub in with a damp rag, or I suppose you could use a toothbrush if you wanted. Then rinse with cold water. If you still see some of the stain, repeat. I usually don't even bother to wash the garment if the spot was small enough.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Thanks all, I'll give it a try.

Buy black, it doesn't show dirt, it makes your ass look smaller and in the event you phuck up on the route finding the undertaker can take you from the body bag right into the coffin if you were already wearing a smart black formal pair of ski pants
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-18-2016 at 11:55 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dry cleaning fluid. Or just go to a dry cleaner.

I'm not sure where, but I was informed by KUU that Arc'Teryx recommended
    KUU Base Cleaner Bio Citron for stain removal on their outerwear. It's a lighter duty wax cleaner and can be diluted as can other citrus cleaners.

Edit: Found one location

Q:
    Removing grease marks on pants

Hi, I wore my sabre pants on a button lift while skiing. They have black grease marks on the seat of the pants. What is the best way to remove these?
    Thanks
    A:
    Hi Prob,

To remove grease type stains from a GORE-TEX® garment, you should dampen the stain and then rub the stained area with Grangers® Performance Wash, Fibertec Pro Wash or ReviveX® Synthetic Fabric Cleaner diluted with 3 parts water (dishwashing detergent can also be used with fair results). You can then clean the jacket in warm water, again using the Grangers® Performance Wash, Fibertec Pro Wash or ReviveX® Synthetic Fabric Cleaner (see above: "How do I wash my GORE-TEX® jacket?"). If the stain persists, you can use Grangers® Performance Wash, Fibertec Pro Wash or ReviveX® Synthetic Fabric Cleaner or sponge it with a safe cleaning fluid which can be found at a grocery store. If cleaning fluid is used, the DWR will need to be reapplied.

If this method does not work, we recommend trying a base cleaner agent called 'Kuu BioCitron Base' cleaner.......
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Buy black, it doesn't show dirt, it makes your ass look smaller and in the event you phuck up on the route finding the undertaker can take you from the body bag right into the coffin if you were already wearing a smart black formal pair of ski pants
    In all seriousness, it's why I buy bright jackets - to be seen in whiteouts. Black pants (in combo) make sense in this context and deal with the dirt problem in half of the wardrobe.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Dawn.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

WD40 spayed on some materials will work also, Dawn or any good grease cutting dish detergent is the best 2 for getting rid of grease stains and maybe safer for some fabrics to pretreat laundry. Depends on the type of grease and what is handy at the time.

Shout. Spray it on, scrub with a toothbrush and let it stand overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    WD40 spayed on some materials will work also, Dawn or any good grease cutting dish detergent is the best 2 for getting rid of grease stains and maybe safer for some fabrics to pretreat laundry. Depends on the type of grease and what is handy at the time.
    Do not spray wd40 on your gore Tex!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Do not spray wd40 on your gore Tex!!!!!!
    Gore Tex lore is so full of bullshit mysticism. Please elaborate on this little tidbit, jmed.
    focus.

Grease stains

Dry cleaner. My wife got a ton of grease from a chair lift on her white Patagucci coat. One trip to the dry cleaner and it looked as good as new. I was shocked how perfect it came back.

white? yer ^^ married to Barry Manilow?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Don't most tech fabrics say specifically NOT to dry clean?

^ my trew stuff says " Do not dry clean".

Dry clean tech fabrics? Making sure I never buy anything used...ever. And that stuff smells like stale piss anyway...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Grease stains

I just wanted to post some thanks to those that recommended goo gone. I had some grease on an Arcteryx shell that I was able to remove with goo gone.

I used a toothbrush and then let it sit for about an hour before running it through the wash (no soap - just to rinse it).

After that, I washed it again with Grangers tech wash, redid the DWR and dried it. Grease it completely gone.
    Last edited by spanky; 03-08-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.