Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Nice - congrats on your new sticks!

Just some more Norway stoke from SGN. How good are those first lines? Kicking off a steep couloir with a backie (@3:15) is pretty gung ho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSNGbsnNWQ

4FRNT dropped a Hoji with a 2008 EHP topsheet.

I caved and finally bought Hojis. I still ski my EHPs.

I have no ideas what I'm going to mount them with or use them for since I have EHPs with alpine bindings and DPS A112s with Tectons.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hard to cheer for destabilizing geopolitical tension or an incoming financial crisis…

But my GAWD that’s a deal. $406 for NIP Urrakkar. 9 pairs of 191 left. Not sure what they charge for shipping.

https://sgnskis.com/collections/outl.../urrakkar-2021
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    But my GAWD that’s a deal.
    Agreed - very tempting to get a pair.

Toggas
    are on sale as well - 40% off.

The new Hurrungane looks very, very promising imho. The only thing that I do not like about them is that their tips - like the very ends - are a bit softer than I would've liked them to be. (The stiff tips are actually one of the things I love the most about BMTs - you can load them like crazy without the tips folding / making you turn on a dime - yet float very, very well.) Other than that they seem like a killer ski that I would love to try, though the price means that I would have to wait for the summer23 sale

Hard to cheer for destabilizing geopolitical tension or an incoming financial crisis…

But my GAWD that’s a deal. $406 for NIP Urrakkar. 9 pairs of 191 left. Not sure what they charge for shipping.

Damn, that is a great deal. Would be into that but recently bought new K2 catamarans though, seems like they're extremely similar on paper

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

You’ve spent a fair bit of time on these, right? Would you buy them again?

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    You’ve spent a fair bit of time on these, right? Would you buy them again?
    Oh hell yes. HYFR, I would buy them again. My cease and desists collect dust.

If they weren’t so well built and tough, I’d have a backup pair en route.

Just cuz these don’t pop up used very often, a quick heads up that I posted my 194 Toggas on the gear list - I actually love them, but my 186 EHPs get me by, so just don’t use the Toggas enough…
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...SGN-Norse-Down

Let’s try this again.

Full urrakkar review....

I’ll get photos of the tip and tails soon
    I got to try the Urrakkars out last Friday in about 30-40 cm slightly wind affected pow. These are the most progressive skis i've ever been on, all others have been much more directional. I have no clue how you'd normally ride these, so take what everything I say with a pinch of salt.
    They are mounted on the line, which makes them 90cm straight pull from tail, that doesn't leave much ski left in front of the bindings. My bsl is 350, and I'm big and fat, so that doesn't help much either.
    Skiing them pushing forward meant every bump felt like I was going to go over the handlebars, but even then they were unsinkable! Which led to me skiing backseat most of the time, that meant that i was doing wheelies all the way down the mountain. Like the whole front 3rd of the skis never touched snow.
    Maybe this made them so easy and fun to ski in trees/bushes? Really easy to throw around turns. For that alone I'd keep them in the quiver.
    I'll echo superchicken that they are incredibly squirly on hardpack, tho that might also be me not being used to having so little ski in front of me.
    Build quality seems really good as well, hit a number of sharks and just the shallowest of marks left in the base.
    I'll need more time on them to get used to the stance, but I think I'll try moving the bindings back a little so that i can get over the ski just a little more.

Att EHP/Protest fans

I got to ride mine for the first time this year today.

I had to hike and traverse to get to appropriate snow for them, but it was worth it.

I understand why they would feel like they don’t have enough tip in front of you if you’re used to traditional mounts.

I am 1.5 cm in front of the line but with only a 306 BSL so I think I still have more tip in front of me than you do.

But yeah, to me, they’re perfect. The bamboo core, the thickness and robust quality of the build. And the slightly softer more forgiving flex than moment or ON3P makes them just shine in Pacific Northwest conditions. They weigh enough to mob through chop and push snow around at least for me at 165 pounds. And then the softer nose and tail really make them easier to throw around and really help them plane without demanding so much speed. That was a problem I had with asym Billy goat. I couldn’t get that ski to behave unless I was going pretty fast.

And now, when I ski this ski, and my 191’s, it becomes very obvious to me just how much nose is in front of me on the Billygoat.

Today was the first time I ever thought about selling my 191.

And I actually didn’t have any trouble with them on groomers today. Usually they’re a handful and kind of unpleasant but I was able to carve them today. I don’t know if it’s just the edges, dulling over time and getting a bit more broken in? I don’t know, that sounds like a stretch at best. But they behaved which was nice.

I’ve been meaning to have a look at their website at the standard rakkar. I basically want this exact ski in a 110. I think they make it in a 107, wait for the sale, watch DXY pump, get another pair for 400 or 500 shipped.

But yeah, they remain the cats pajamas
    Last edited by SupreChicken; 02-10-2023 at 09:30 AM.

I’ve been meaning to have a look at their website at the standard rakkar. I basically want this exact ski in a 110. I think they make it in a one07 wait for the sale watch Dixie pump get another pair for 400 shipped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2023-02-10 kl. 07.34.41.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	447032
    They started making a big boi version - in essence Benjamin Fortun's pro model.

Rakkar and Soleitind are about to get new graphics too for next year, so some deals are sure to be had on the remaining stock over here at some point in time.

Also - lots of Norwegian sports shops are struggling this season as the demand for sports goods has significantly decreased due to several reasons (high price increases on consumables and electricity, significantly increased interest rates, and historic high demand during the covid years being followed by shops over-ordering to counter that they have not been able to get their orders met the last few years. With orders now being met by suppliers and demand vanishing a lot of shops are now struggling to pay their bills. So sales are down = higher chance for late season surplus aka nicer than usual prices.)

As a comparison. Angles might be slightly off due to camera and how they leaning against the door, but shows the mount in relation

Name:	SGN_1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	447058

Name:	SGN_2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	447059

And fuck the photo uploading, i give up

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    And fuck the photo uploading, i give up
    just slightly edit/crop the pics before uploading and they will be the right way up

Yeah. I’ll watch the website for new outlet additions. For a daily park/firm/variable ski, I’m personally kind of torn between 185 and 192.

New Rakkar topsheet is deeeeaddd sexy

https://sgn-skis.myshopify.com/nb/products/rakkar

and I think the current season Rakkar is now on sale

https://sgn-skis.myshopify.com/nb/products/rakkar-2223

Looks like broader spring sale is on now - including some bigger discounts on prior seasons...
    https://sgn-skis.myshopify.com/nb/co...5-7ce901d4e9a6

Wanted to revive the thread to say that I've been on the SGN Rakkar now for almost all my days this winter. I think this might be my new favorite daily driver. I've been skiing the 185 length, which has a waist width at 107 mm.

Super fun ski, easy to throw sideways, very playful, does well at speed, and fun in the trees. The mount point is a little more traditional than I like at -8cm (I'm guessing -- haven't actually measured), but I've gotten along fine with it so far.

Would say they remind me of a slightly stiffer previous gen BC Atris (the 108 width). They don't float as well as those skis did, but I find them to be much more stable in variable conditions.

FYI, latest Blister Gear podcast, Norwegian shop owner calls out the EHP as his all-time standout ski in ski evolution. Yippee!
    I’m guessing he’s got a Togga too