Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Glad Rio pulled it off. The first week was good sport and fun to watch.

From all I can tell there were no sports the second week, just a lot of shots of a gas station and reporting that a Kardashian would suck 50 dicks for.

I saw the Japanese PM arrived at the closing ceremony via a Mario Bros. warp tube. So I guess that was cool.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I posted somewhere in this thread my buddy had been to Rio twice to check out the venue and figured the games would be fine

they just got back, sez it all went great and the organization was just as good as the last olympics
    I don't too many people thought the games wouldn't go off ok. They always do. But the problems that were publicized before the events--problems that the Brazilians themselves were the most vocal about--are still there, and the country is $10 billion poorer.
    Rio's problems are mostly hidden from the athletes and tourists--as problems are usually hidden from tourists--and of course NBC wasn't going to discuss them. (Same here--most tourists aren't stopped by the police for no reason and shot to death for even less of one, but the problems are still there. ) Now that the Olympics are over most Americans will again ignore Brasil and the reporting on the country about its political problems that has been going on for some time and will continue to be published, whether anyone is paying attention or not.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Tokyo or Bust
    the fun part will be when the global media starts picking apart fukushima. rio had zika, body parts and shit. tokyo will have glowing produce and fish from fukushima.

Fugu Me!

hee hee hee
    skid luxury

All I'm saying is that I vaguely know Penny Oleksiak.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    All I'm saying is that I vaguely know Penny Oleksiak.
    4play drops back in to drop a name!
    natch
    skid luxury

We should have given the Olympics to North Korea.

I'm always disappointed when the Olympics are over.

This is fun to watch...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/wat...s-4x100m-relay
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I think a lot of people DID think it would be a shit show?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Time for bed, Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think a lot of people DID think it would be a shit show?
    just the usual--the buildings won't be done, no water coming out of the faucet, inadequate security, tranportation will be a mess, etc, etc--just like Sochi, and London, and Beijing, etc, etc. They say the same thing before every Olympics and the Olympics always go off. I wouldn't expect any of the new buildings to last very long though. What was unique about Rio was the polluted water, the crime, the poverty, and the country going broke--all of which was and is true and none of which would be expected to affect the casual Olympic tourist--other than the crime, and apparently there were a fair number of muggings, just not dramatic enough to make the papers unless they involved a medal winner.

d'oh!

Deadspin: Team Great Britain Thought It Was Being Helpful By Providing The Luggage. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwu6zi-Sw

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    d'oh!

Deadspin: Team Great Britain Thought It Was Being Helpful By Providing The Luggage. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwu6zi-Sw
    I'm sure the pole vaulters had no trouble finding their luggage.

Ha ha...

"Another airport tip: Your stuff really isn’t that nice, if you just take someone else’s bag there’s a decent chance their stuff is nicer."
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    A third swimmer came out today and claimed they never touched the bathroom, had a gun pulled on them and were unsure who these guys were when they paid up.

Nice to see Oliver and other foreigners ignoring the facts and having their laughs.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    A third swimmer came out today and claimed they never touched the bathroom, had a gun pulled on them and were unsure who these guys were when they paid up.

Nice to see Oliver and other foreigners ignoring the facts and having their laughs.

Oliver is a naturalized US Citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Oliver is a naturalized US Citizen.
    I don't think he is?

Not that it really has any bearing on Lochte being a drunken douchebag or Brazilian security guards shaking him over for minor bathroom vandalism.

The facts are ... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

according to wiki, Oliver just has a green card, but is married to a US Iraq war vet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

to be fair to him, his segment has the facts as were known at the time. Agree that as more facts have come to light, the impression has changed. But the swimmers were all apparently quite drunk, which has greatly contributed to the slow trickling out of the actual events of that evening. And Lochte definitely caused the whole thing to blow up in the first place.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i hadn't watched oliver's segment until now and there is no new information that makes any difference to the fundamental purpose. the clips of lochte are amazing and typical. the happiest person on the planet about the purest form of chemical element BRO is hope solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    according to wiki, Oliver just has a green card, but is married to a US Iraq war vet.
    I thought he got his citizenship at some point after getting hitched, but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I thought he got his citizenship at some point after getting hitched, but what do I know?
    he may have, wiki doesn't know everything.

The Rio Olympics are going to be AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    to be fair to him, his segment has the facts as were known at the time. Agree that as more facts have come to light, the impression has changed. But the swimmers were all apparently quite drunk, which has greatly contributed to the slow trickling out of the actual events of that evening. And Lochte definitely caused the whole thing to blow up in the first place.
    No man. I followed this closely as I know one of their olympic coaches and have been texting him. Ive also spent years in Latin America and been in the same position more than once, also drunk. I'd be the first to pan these guys but it never smelt right to me. Lochte fucked them suggesting the rio cops were corrupt. Thats the bottom line, they were done for. Hes a moron.

starting with the rio police conference some very important facts were confirmed. They were cops, they drew their weapons, and they demanded cash. The cops also said they vandalized the batbroom and might have had hookers.

Then the ofher swimmers started to confirm the story. And no bathroom vandalism, no hookers As early as last week. The brazilian third party confirms two guns drawn and the police thanked him for averting a catastrophe.

The press never gave Rio a chance and Brazilians were looking for blood. Then the same press threw these guys under the bus.

Lots of lies to go around.